Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Boredom

*The next day at approx. 6pm*

“Alright guys, I think you can call it quits for the day,” I said after they finished practicing a new song. Jimmy was the first to get up, quickly dropping his drumsticks on the ground and heading for the door.

“Wait up! Dinner’s on Gena, remember?” Zacky said, taking his guitar off and rushing out almost as quick as Jimmy did. Everyone followed suit, eager to get out and spend as much money as possible on dinner before heading to my place for a small party. Of course, Syn was one of the last ones out.

“You coming?” Matt asked, poking his head back around the corner. I was fiddling with Zacky’s amp and had my back to him, but I knew he was talking to me.

“No, got to do some mixing and other stuff,” I said. He nodded and disappeared, no doubt following his band members. He had left me and Syn alone. I was amazed at how slow he had taken to take his guitar off and place it in its stand.

“So where are you eating then?” he asked, still standing next to his guitar.

“Uh, the supermarket?” I joked. “I’ll find something somewhere.” I shrugged the question off.

“Alright,” he said, sensing that he should back off the subject of me eating. “I’ll text you later; no doubt I’ll be bored with Zacky’s girlfriend.” We shared a smile and he left to catch up with the others. Of course I found myself totally distracted by that dazzling smile he had. After about 5 minutes I gave up on trying to concentrate on checking the amp switched all the equipment off. I left the building to find somewhere to catch a quick snack before the party.

Sure enough, about 10 minutes after I had last seen Syn, he texted me, claiming he was bored out of his mind already. I didn’t text him back, and another 10 minutes later when I was sitting in a fast food restaurant, he was texting me, begging for me to text him back. I laughed at how desperate he was for me to text him back. He was at one of his best friend’s birthday dinner, and he couldn’t sit there and be a good friend. Once again, I didn’t text him back.

My phone started ringing. I cracked up laughing when I saw who it was.

“Who on earth could this possibly be?” I answered my phone sarcastically.