Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Developing

*A week later*

Synyster took me out on a date to a theme park. There’s only one word to describe our day – AWESOME! I never knew roller coasters could be so much fun! He had to do the typical ‘play a game and win you a big stuffed animal’ thing, so I was walking around with a gigantic penguin under my arm for half of the day. I was walking more and more normally since I got my cast removed, and it felt good to not have to use crutches anymore. It felt so great to be in his arms for the whole day.

Mel questioned me about the date the next day at the studio when the boys were practicing alone. She got almost every detail out of me before we started talking about her and Zacky. We were just talking about his sweetness and how he notices every little aspect when Val came into the studio. Automatically, I kept quiet, hoping she didn’t want to talk about Michelle. She approached us on the couch.

“I just wanted to say that I’m sorry about Michelle,” she said nicely to me. “I hope we can be friends.”

“That was cheesy,” I muttered to Mel and she smiled in agreement.

“I’m being serious,” she said, folding her arms like Michelle had done last time I saw her. “I don’t have anything against you. You’re making Matt’s album be the best it can be, so I don’t wanna hate you.”

“Okay then,” I said and she sat down in a chair and stared through the one-way glass window at the band. I saw her eyes light up whenever Matt came closer to the window or told the band a joke. I also noticed the way Melissa smiled every time Zacky aced his guitar piece or contributed a great idea to their song. It made me wonder how I reacted when I saw Syn... I was so crazy for him. I think I could even be falling for him... Matt and Zacky came out of the rehearsal room.

“Mel, Syn needs you,” Zacky said and I noticed Syn was having trouble with a certain chord on his guitar.

“Hey babe!” Matt said with excitement when he noticed Val was sitting in the studio. They hugged, etc, and after that Matt grabbed a few blank pieces of paper. As Mel walked through the door to the rehearsal area, she got her arse smacked by Zacky. He caught me watching them.

“I’m sure Syn needs you too,” he said to me with a cute grin and I stood up and followed Mel, leaving Matt to talk to Val in private.

“Hey Mel,” Brian said as Mel stood next to him. “Whenever I try to do play this-“ he strummed his guitar “-it doesn’t sound right. I dunno what I’ve done to it, though.” He passed his guitar to Mel and then looked up and saw me. A smile brightened up his face and I saw joy fill his gorgeous brown eyes. He approached me and embraced me.

“You haven’t broken your guitar, have you?” I teased him.

“No... Of course not...” he said while looking up at the ceiling suspiciously. We laughed and then he straightened his Fedora. I thought back to the day I dressed up like him... Then I compared it to last night. We had ended up lying on his bed just wearing our jeans. Who would’ve thought that the guy who had annoyed the shit outta me would’ve ended up making me feel so.... So... How do I say it? In love? I’m not too sure... “Ashleigh...?”

“Huh?” I said vaguely, snapping out of my daze.

“Are you doing anything tonight?” Brian asked me. I stared back at his beautiful face. His eyes captivated me (as they usually did).

“Uh, no, I’m not. Why?”

“You wanna come over again?” he asked as he played with my hair.

“Sure,” I replied and kissed his cheek.

“Try it now,” Mel said, handing his guitar back to him. Syn played the chord and it worked perfectly.

“Thanks,” he said with a small smile. He then seemed to forget about me (and Mel) and got lost in his music.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well thanks for the quick 5 comments people :)

Here is another chapter which is kind of boring, I know, but the next one is cute and important, so another 5 comments please before the next one :)

I know you guys can give me 5 more comments with feedback. Thanks to everyone who has so far - I really appreciate it :) The more comments I get, the better my Syn love stories will get.