Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Snow

“I didn’t know you could cook,” I commented as he put my plate down in front of me.

“I can’t,” he said with a cute small smile. As he sat down at the opposite end of the table, I tasted it.

“Yes you can!” I definitely approved of this meal he had made. He seemed to kind of blush and seem shy. It was so weird seeing him act like that. He was always confident and outgoing, yet now he seemed to be vulnerable.

Dinner was fairly quiet, but more of the peaceful quiet, rather than awkward. We didn’t talk about work or music for once. Just normal stuff like a normal couple would do, I guess. I only had one glass of red wine, and I ate slowly so we would finish at the same time. He collected my plate and headed into the kitchen, bringing the wine bottle back with him. He filled mine only roughly a quarter and gave himself about half a glass.

We had gone to my place first so I could grab a change of clothes (I was going to stay the night at his place) and then rented out a movie for the night. He had also stopped for 5 minutes at a grocery store to get some popcorn and a few ingredients. This brings me back to the fact that he had cooked dinner. Guys aren’t meant to cook! So something must be up...

“You wanna get that movie started?” he asked once he returned from putting the wine bottle back in the kitchen.

“Sure.” I stood up and brought my wine glass with me to his lounge. I placed it on the coffee table that was next to the chair and turned on the TV and DVD player. I heard him turn the microwave on and he soon entered the room with the DVD. As he crouched in front of the TV to put the DVD in the player, the chains hanging off his belt hit the floor with a thud. This was the first time I had noticed what belt he had on. There were silver chains made up of small skulls and at the end of one of them was a pair of handcuffs. They hung off the left side of his black studded belt. “Sexy belt.”

“Thanks,” he said with a smile as he stood up. He kissed the tip of my nose. “You get comfy – I’ll just get the popcorn.” Once he had left the room, I felt empty and sort of, useless... I sat down on the couch next to my wine and waited. Needless to say, once he had returned, I felt a lot more comfortable and at home. He sat to my left and I snuggled into him, keeping my right arm across his body so I could play with his chains. His right arm was wrapped around my waist and we both mindlessly ate the popcorn.

I can’t explain in words how right it felt to be next to him. I just seemed at peace, for once. Our bodies seemed to click into each other, like pieces of a puzzle. The movie we had rented was your typical romance film, which seemed to suit us perfectly. Although, I did feel a tad uncomfortable when the two main characters said ‘I love you’ to each other. I didn’t notice Brian seeming awkward, though. Why did it affect me so much?

After the movie had finished, Brian tried seducing me on the couch. He almost had me, when he noticed it was snowing outside. We jumped off the couch and ran out onto his porch.

“It’s so beautiful...” he said as he watched the little white dots tumbling down to the ground. They didn’t settle though, they quickly melted and sunk into the ground.

“I know,” I whispered as he took my hand in his.

“I have an idea,” he said, letting go of my hand and disappearing inside. I stayed outside, staring up at the pitch black sky and watching the pretty snowflakes fall. This would be the last time it would snow until probably another year later. I was going to enjoy it. Syn returned with a camera in his hands. I saw him turn it on and check the setting.

“What are you doing?” I asked cautiously, pulling my top layer closer around my body to keep me warm. I was freezing now that I wasn’t pressed up against him.

“Taking pictures of us,” he said simply, placing his arm without the camera in it around my waist and leading me down onto the lawn. We stopped halfway to the road and he checked the camera again. He held it up, facing us, then pulled me into a kiss. I felt warmth flow through me from my lips. We took more ‘kiss pix’ and just other ones against the dark sky and with the snow falling around us.

“That was a cool idea,” I complimented him as we walked back inside (it had stopped snowing). “Very romantic.” I kissed him again and he had a massive grin on his face.

“I hoped you’d like it,” he said as he placed his camera on a table and took off his jacket in a sexy way (if that’s even possible...).

“Damn, babe,” I teased him and he laughed. “Since when was I getting a strip tease?” He laughed even more, but didn’t take off any more clothes.

“I think you need to go to bed now,” he said and glanced up at the clock. “Don’t wanna be too late for work tomorrow, do we?”

“I’ll skip work if I have to,” I said, biting my bottom lip and looking up at him.

“Don’t do this to me,” he whispered at me and I slowly moved my face closer to his.

“Do what?” I asked cheekily. I gently kissed him and he didn’t even bother to resist. “I hope you know you’re the most awesome guy I know.” The smile that he got was priceless. I would do anything to see it again.

“I hope you know I love you,” he said and then silenced me with a long kiss.

Wait...

He what?

Loved me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Constructive criticism please!

Another 5 comments before the next chapter please my lovely fans :) What was your favourite part of this romantic chapter?

Thanks so much for the support so far for this story :)