Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Finishing 'Scream'

*A week later*

Escape The Fate had invited me to a band rehearsal at an empty warehouse. Of course I had to go to it. Apparently they were going to play a few songs and I had to decide what ones would be best for their next album. What could be wrong with me giving my friends some professional advice?

After a few alright songs, they started to play their last song. It wasn’t until Craig starting singing the chorus that I realised it was about me. Simply because he was singing ‘Ashleigh, baby, you make me feel so alive, I’ve got purpose once again’. Oh crap. How was I going to explain THAT to Brian?

I walked back into the studio later that day feeling awkward and not really wanting to discuss how well their band practice had gone. Zacky picked up on me kind of ignoring Syn and pulled me aside.

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked me.

“Nothing.”

“You’re ignoring Syn,” he said, then thought about the situation for a second. “It’s about that other band, isn’t it? One of those guys?”

“Yeah...”

“So, what happened?”

“One of them likes me. Like, a lot,” I admitted, keeping my voice low, even though Syn was nowhere near us.

“Well, you don’t like him back, do you?”

“Hell no!” I answered quickly.

“So, what’s your problem?” he asked and I hesitated.

“He wrote a song about me, clearly stating my name more than once in it. I just don’t want Syn to hear it,” I confessed and my mind instantly started going over the possible situations that could happen if Syn found out. I loved him, and I really didn’t want to lose him over some random guy I barely knew.

“Well, honestly, it’s better if you tell him now, from your point of view. Before he hears the song and gets annoyed that you didn’t tell him,” Zacky advised and I looked up into his eyes. “I’m serious. I know Syn. He’ll appreciate it if you tell him, and then both of you won’t have to worry later.”

“Alright...”

“I’ll go get him for you, k?” he asked, but I didn’t even get a chance to answer him. He just quickly walked away from me and went to get Syn. I sighed and leant against the wall, waiting for Syn to come. I didn’t want this to happen. I had no idea how he was going to react. I was afraid.

“Hey, what’s up?” Brian asked as he approached me. He took my head in his hands and kissed my lips sweetly. I put my hand on the back of his head and played with his hair. “Zacky said you needed to talk to me about something?”

“Yeah...” I looked away from his beautiful eyes. “You know Escape The Fate? Who I’ve been hanging out with quite a bit?”

“Yes...”

“Well, their new singer has a crush on me,” I said and looked back up at him.

“Well that’s not a problem,” he said, brushing it off easy. “And I totally don’t blame him.” I received another kiss.

“And he wrote a song about me that mentions my name and will probably be on their new album,” I said really quickly.

“Oh...” he said, looking down at the ground, his mouth making a cute little ‘o’ shape. We both stayed quiet. For the first time ever, I felt quite awkward around him. I took my hand off him and it fell to my side.

“Hey! You two lovers! Can we have you over here please?” Matt shouted and we hurriedly joined the rest of the band to avoid more suffering from that awkward moment.

“We need a female to scream for the start of ‘Scream’,” Jimmy explained.

“So we’re having a scream contest between Val, Mel and Ash,” Johnny said and I nodded. “Best one goes on the album.” Just as he said that I heard a loud scream coming from the vocals recording booth. Val was screaming and doing her best to sound scared. She sounded really good. Surely I couldn’t top that scream? Mel also had a go, but apparently didn’t have the sound they were looking for. Well, what everyone apart from Zacky was looking for.

“Just do your best,” Syn said, giving me a hug before I went into the recording box. I was too nervous. I was used to singing, not screaming. After 4 out of 5 takes, Syn stormed into the box with me. He violently shoved me up against the wall and held something up to my throat. I felt cold metal touching my skin and realised it was a knife.

“What the hell?” I scarcely whispered, suddenly frightened for my life. Why was he acting like a madman?

“Scream, bitch!” he hissed into my face. And I did. I screamed. Then he took the blade away from my throat and kissed me. He had a cheeky little grin on his face and he took my hand and led me out into the studio.

“Perfect,” Jimmy complimented me as we joined the rest of the band.

“I’d say she aced that,” Zacky said.

“Sorry, Val,” Matt said sympathetically.

“I can’t believe that actually worked,” Johnny commented. “Now gimme back my pocket knife!” We all laughed and then I played around with my scream and put it at the start of ‘Scream’. I can’t believe that Brian actually had to scare me. Obviously, he wanted me to win.

“Guys! Listen to this!” I shouted and they all ceased their conversations to listen to the start of the song.

“That is awesome!” Syn said, giving me a hug.

“Love it,” everyone else said, agreeing with Syn. After a few more modifications by me, ‘Scream’ was set for being on an album (if they wanted it to be).

*During Syn giving Ash a ride home*

“So what are you gonna do about this Craig fellow?” Syn asked, keeping his eyes on the road (instead of me, for once).

“I... don’t know...” I said, staring at his profile.

“Well, if he dares lay a hand on you he is so dead,” he stated and I shivered for some unknown reason. “Maybe I need to stick a permanent label on you saying that you’re taken by me...” I cracked up laughing, and then realised he was serious.

“What do you mean?” I questioned. I had suddenly realised that the ‘permanent label saying I was taken’ could be a ring on a certain finger. Surely Brian wasn’t meaning that?

“I dunno,” he said, turning the car down my street. “I’ll have to think about that one...” I smiled and looked away from him. He pulled his car up in front of my building.

“So, do I see you tomorrow...” I said slowly and sort of sexy as I took off my seatbelt. “Or are you coming inside?” He grinned and looked away from me, but took off his seatbelt.

“Stupid question,” he said, getting out of his car before I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Decided to update because I won't be online for a while, so I expect a lot of comments, please! Next chapter has a major bit of drama in it....