Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Fight

*Another week later*

“So should we ask for a key to that back door? It is a lot quicker for us to get to the car park,” Matt discussed and I nodded.

“I think it’s a good idea,” I commented. “A lot more private. We’ll probably have to ask the boss though.”

“You don’t have to record this conversation, do you?” Zacky asked the cameraman who was back for some more recordings of us at work.

“Ashleigh, there’s someone here for you,” the receptionist told me from the doorway. I stood up out of Syn’s lap and went to see who it was. My heart sank when I saw Craig.

“Hey, Ashleigh,” he said.

“Hi.”

“Having fun working with Avenged Sevenfold?”

“Time of my life,” I replied, crossing my arms. This was awkward for me.

“So, uh, what are you doing tonight?” he asked.

“Um, I think I have a date, actually...” I said, remembering that Syn had invited me out to dinner earlier on today.

“Oh. What about tomorrow night?” He was very persistent...

“Probably another one,” I said with a small laugh. “My boyfriend and I are crazy about each other.” Major hint Craig! Back off! I heard a door open and someone coming down the hallway. I saw Craig glance at who it was. Then he suddenly took some quick steps towards me and took my head in his hands. He planted a kiss on me and I quickly shoved him off me.

“What the hell?” I heard Syn’s voice and my head spun to my left so quickly. He was just standing there, staring at us.

“I’ll catch ya later Ash,” Craig said, knowing it was his time to go, and turning to leave.

“Hey Craig!” Syn called out and Craig spun around again. Then Syn gave him a massive punch across his jaw, knocking Craig to the ground. Syn shook his fist at his side: obviously that punch had hurt his knuckles.

“Syn! Stop it!” I screamed and tried to pull him away from Craig. Of course, he was too strong for me, and I barely managed to move him. Syn grabbed Craig and yanked him to his feet, only to hit him again and make him stagger backwards. Craig came back with a punch of his own.

“Hey, hey! Stop it!” I heard Matt’s voice coming from behind us and shortly he was by my side, trying to pull Syn away from Craig. Unfortunately, both men got another couple of punches in before Shadows succeeded. “Calm down, dude!”

“I think you should go now,” I said to Craig, who ran out of the building so fast it was sort of funny. But now wasn’t the time to laugh. Syn was breathing heavily and shaking his right fist. I saw red on his knuckles, but I didn’t know if it was his or not.

“What was that about?” Matt demanded.

“He kissed her!” Syn shouted, clearly pissed off. I was relieved that he saw Craig kissing me, and didn’t see it as me kissing Craig. I didn’t want him to dump me based on lies. I approached Syn and put my arms around him, resting my head on his chest, giving him a ‘thank you’ hug, but also an ‘I love you so much’ and ‘I’m so worried about you now’ hug. He put his arms around me and tilted his head so his chin was on top of my head. His arms seemed more warming and comfortable than they usually did.

“I’m gonna go ask the receptionist about that door now,” Matt said, excusing himself from what would’ve been an awkward moment for him.

“I’m bleeding,” Syn said quietly. I pulled slightly out of our hug and gazed up at his gorgeous face. I saw sadness and pain in his eyes.

“Well, let’s go get you fixed up then,” I whispered back and we broke out of our hug, walking to the bathroom. For once, he didn’t take my hand or put his arm around me. When we entered the bathroom, he collapsed against the wall, and slid down until he was sitting on the ground.

“I’m sorry,” he said as I wet a paper towel.

“For what?” I asked, crouching down next to him and wiping the blood off his knuckles.

“For scaring you, fighting in front of you, fighting a friend of yours...” he said, wincing as I pressed on the cut a bit too hard.

“I don’t think he’s my friend anymore,” I said honestly, making sure I had wiped up all of the blood that had been spread across his hand. It was bleeding quite quickly.

“He did kiss you, right?” he asked, looking straight into my eyes. “Like, it wasn’t you who kissed him.”

“Why the hell would I wanna kiss him?” I exclaimed, shocked that he could even ask me that. “You know I love you, right?” I went in to kiss him, but he moved his head away from me. I was so heartbroken for a second. What was wrong with him?

“You’ll have to wash your mouth before I kiss you again,” he said with a small smile. I smiled back, so relieved that we were still on as a couple and that he still wanted to kiss me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for all the comments :) I'm glad you guys are enjoying it! I will update twice since you guys got more than 5 comments :)

Favourite part? I guess you knew the fight was coming up.....