Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Brother

*Later that night after their dinner date*

“How much longer do you think we’ll be working on this album for?” Syn asked me.

“Dunno. Just however long it takes, I guess. Why?”

“’Cause I just realised that before I know it, I’ll be back on tour and far away from you,” he said sadly. I squeezed his hand as we continued to walk down an almost empty street. “I’m missing you like crazy just thinking about it.” My phone started ringing, and I quickly answered it once I saw the ID. It must be super important if my mother’s calling me.

“Hey Mom,” I said happily because Syn gave me a quick hug. My happiness soon disappeared as I heard sniffles coming from my phone. I knew she was crying. “What’s happened?”

“Scott passed away today,” she said through her tears.

“What?” I stuttered, taking in the news. I felt my eyes welling up with tears, and I soon joined my mother in crying. My whole body felt so weak...

“Cancer took him, like your father,” she managed to explain, making my tears worse. Syn kept on hugging me, comforting me.

“Oh my God...”

“I’ll call you tomorrow,” she said. “I just thought you should know.”

“Okay...”

“And Ashleigh, dear,” my mother continued.

“Yes?”

“I want you to get another test for cancer, okay? I can’t lose you too,” she said. We said goodbye and hung up.

“So, what’s that about?” Brian asked me after a moment of silence passed while I cried on his shoulder.

“My brother just died.”

*The next day*

“Ashleigh, you’d better get up now,” Brian whispered to me. I groaned and rolled over, facing him. He saw my tear-streaked face and frowned. “Or you could stay for a bit longer...” He hugged me and my tears started falling again.

“I can’t believe this...” I sobbed as all my memories of my older brother flooded into my brain. They weren’t always good memories, but he was a good guy, and was going to be missed terribly.

“When are you going to get tested?” Syn asked me, holding me close, even though he was getting drenched. “I promise I’ll be there for you.”

“I’m not getting tested,” I managed to mumble into his chest.

“Why not?”

“I don’t wanna know if I have cancer too. I don’t wanna know when my life expires. I just wanna die when I die,” I muttered, crying in pain for my dead brother and father.

“Okay... hush now...” he said, rubbing my back gently, trying to stop me from crying. “I’m gonna call the guys; let them now we won’t come in today.”

“No. We’ll go,” I said as I forced myself out of his arms.

“You sure?”

“Yeah,” I climbed out of my bed and headed to the kitchen to grab something quick to eat before my shower. Syn followed me and stood in the doorway in just his boxers. The pain of losing one of my family was so severe and strong I didn’t even notice his fine body.

“You’re gonna be crying at work,” he said and I nodded.

“I know.”

“I don’t wanna see you in that pain for the rest of the day,” he admitted. “And I’m sure the other guys won’t want to either.”

“I’ve been crying since last night, and you’ve been with me the whole time. You seem fine with me crying,” I sniffed, walking back over to him.

“Really? ‘Cause that sure as hell isn’t what I feel like at the moment,” he said softly. “You’re killing me here.” He wiped a tear from my cheek.

“So leave,” I said, gesturing with my arms towards the door. “Come back in a few days when I’m decent and stable again.”

“No. I can’t leave you like this,” he said, brushing off yet another tear with his finger. “Baby, I love you. Now cheer up, please.”

“Don’t tell me you’re gonna start crying if I don’t stop,” I joked, seeing his eyes get damp.

“I don’t cry...” he muttered, turning away from me and heading back into the bedroom. I limped after him and saw him raise his hands up to his face.

“You do so,” I said cheekily and he spun around. He saw the little grin I had on my face and a massive one spread across his.

“I do not,” he repeated, picking me up off my feet into a gigantic hug. “Hey, don’t you have that doctor’s appointment today? To see if you’re ready to have your walking cast removed?”

“Uh, yeah I do. Why?”

“Just wondering...” He was up to something...
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the second update! Next chapter is really :O worthy, so quickly comment!!!

Thanks for the support - this story is almost over. But don't worry - there's a sequel :)