Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

We Need To Talk

“We need to talk.”

Oh shit.

“About what?” I questioned, feeling nervous. I felt like I hadn’t done anything wrong, so he must just feel that our relationship is old or something. He held up my phone is his hands. I had a really confused look on my face.

“It was vibrating a lot. It woke me up,” he explained.

“OK. I will put remember to put my phone on silent before we sleep next time you’re here,” I said, still puzzled about why he seemed annoyed about this. He shook his head.

“I recognized the name of one of the guitarists in Avenged Sevenfold.” He opened my phone and passed it to me. I read over the text. ‘Hey babe, u want anotha body shot 2nyt? Ur place again or myn?’ My jaw dropped. My heart also sunk. I looked at him. His eyes were diverted from me, but I knew that they were filled with sorrow. “You want to explain? Or should I just go?”

I was speechless. I literally watched my love life crumble in front of me. I sat on my bed, tears silently falling as he stood up and left my bedroom. I heard him picking up his stuff and unlock my door. I heard it shut and then I starting crying out loud.

*2 hours later*

I walked glumly into the studio. I was late. Half an hour and it was time for our lunch break.

“Where have you been?” Johnny asked, being the first one to notice that I had walked in.

“Slept in, sorry,” I answered. They knew that Heath had stayed the night because he had picked me up from the studio yesterday. Of course they straight away thought that we had had sex. “As in I was actually asleep. Sorry.”

“Yeah, yeah...” Jimmy said, twirling a drumstick around in his fingers. “Of course you did...”

Ignoring his statement, I said “So, what did I miss?”

“Not much. You weren’t here so we didn’t get around to that much,” Matt replied as Zacky picked a few strings on the acoustic that he was holding.

“Are you alright?” Zacky asked, sensing that something wasn’t quite right with me.

“I’m fine.”

“How’s Heath?” Syn asked. Of course he had to ask that. I guess me looking away and looking like I was about to cry (again) gave everyone their answers. Syn stayed quiet on the couch. Zacky lept up, almost dropping his guitar on the floor, and headed over to me. Even Matt stopped leaning on the wall to come and comfort me.

“What happened?” Matt questioned, putting his arm around my shoulder.

“Are you OK?” Zacky asked, giving me a caring bear hug.

Of course the tears didn’t hold back then, and I found myself crying my heart out for the second time this morning. Jimmy got up and offered me a drink of water and tissues, while Johnny moved next to Syn. I saw them talking quietly to each other. Very mature.

“Why did he dump you?” Zacky inquired. I glared over his shoulder to look at Syn.

“Because of Gates,” I said bitterly.

“What? Why me?” Synyster became confused and curious.

“Because of that text you sent me!” I yelled across the room.

“What?” he was even more confused now. I realised he thought he hadn’t done anything wrong, that flirting with girls was something normal that he did on a daily basis.

“The body shot one!” I was shouting and crying, it wasn’t a pretty picture.

“Oh boy...” I heard Zacky say.

“Did you actually send that?” Matt asked Gates.

“Well, yeah...” he admitted shyly. “I thought it might get her to text one of us back.” He looked down at the ground.

“You are an idiot,” Zacky told him.

“Gee, thanks...”

“I fucking hate you!” I screamed over Zacky’s shoulder at Synyster. Then I pushed my way past Matt and stormed out of the studio.