Status: Done.

It's a Syn Loving You

Feelings In The Open

So I’d just gotten over Jimmy and Zacky’s little ‘moment’ when Zacky decided it would be a good idea to talk to me.

About ‘us’.

It wasn’t a good time.

I was about to go out to lunch with Brian, so I was all happy and giddy with the desire to be with him.

I wasn’t in the right mood for him to tell him he wanted more...


“Heya, can we talk?” Zacky asked.

He was poking his head out of our van and had seen me waiting for Brian.

Brian was in the public toilets, getting changed and putting deodorant on (I hope).

“I guess...” I answered, having no idea what on earth he’d need to talk to me about.

He gestured for me to enter our bus, so I did.

He sat down on one of the cruddy seats, and I squashed next to him.

He just looked away to his left, down at the ground. He seemed nervous.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked softly, nudging his right shoulder.

He didn’t respond, so I tried a different tactic to get him talking.

“Zachary James Baker!”

He glared evilly back at me, but soon broke the vicious look into a sweet one.

“Uh... Well...” he stuttered. He then paused and took a deep breath in.

“Just say it,” I said gently. I really wanted to know what was making him so damn nervous.

“I really like you,” he mumbled, not making eye-contact.

“Oh. Uh...”

Now I was the one who was stuttering...

“And I know we’re friends with benefits and all, but... Eva, I just can’t watch you walk around with Brian!” Zacky suddenly outburst, letting his emotions go.

“Okay...” I said, looking away at the ground. The mood had become awkward now.

“Look, I swear you’re meant to be with me, not him!” he said quite angrily. “How would you like it if Brian was spending so much time with Val? Or another girl? That’s how I feel right now!”

“But Zacky, I don’t... ‘belong’ to you,” I said, trying to calm him down.

He sighed and rubbed his forehead with his left hand.

“I’m not saying you do. I just really, really care about you. But I can’t show you how much because you’re with one of my best friends!” he attempted to explain how he felt.

We both fell silent for a few moments.

“Well, we have to sort something out, ‘cause this won’t go away by itself,” I stated and he nodded.

“I know.”

“So... What do you want to happen?” I questioned and he looked up at me, then past me, through the window.

I turned and saw Brian heading over to the van in a new change of clothes.

My stomach started to flutter around.

I turned back to Zacky and raised my eyebrows. He was still staring at Brian.

“Hey! What do you want to happen?” I repeated and he looked at me.

“How about I show you?” he asked, but I didn’t get a chance to answer.

He quickly stood up in front of me and then planted a kiss on me.

Right in front of Brian.

I couldn’t move.

I was pinned against the seat.

Zacky kissed me again and again, trying to really get into me, but I resisted the best I could. This really didn’t feel right...

I put my hands up on the front of his shoulders and tried to pry him off me, but I couldn’t. He was far too strong for me.

“What the fuck?” Brian yelled very angrily as the bus door flew open.

Zacky broke free, but didn’t move away from me.

Brian stormed into the van and grabbed my right wrist. He pulled me and I fell off the seat onto the floor awkwardly.

I scrambled over to Brian on my hands and knees, trying to get behind him, then out of the bus. I didn’t want to be here with them right now.

“What the hell is going on?” he shouted at Zacky while crouching down to my side, putting his arms around me so I couldn’t get out of the bus. Damn.

“Are you okay? What did he do to you?” he asked me quietly, obviously caring and realising that it was all Zacky’s fault and that I didn’t want any of that.

“Hey! She asked for it!” Zacky exclaimed and Brian suddenly stopped being protective of me.

“What?” Brian yelled at me. “Did you?”

“Of course not!” I answered, still in shock from what Zacky had said. “If I wanted to kiss him and be with him, why would I have said yes to you when you asked me out?”

I stared at Brian, feeling hurt.

Did he not trust me?

“Alright,” he said at normal volume, holding up his hands in surrender. “I believe you. But that means this is all your fault.” He looked fiercely over at Zacky.

Then the unbelievable happened.

Brian punched Zacky.

“Brian!” I screamed as I reached over to him, trying to pull him away from Zacky. It was pointless. He wouldn’t budge.

Brian punched Zacky again.

“Why does every male in my life have to be so fuckin’ violent?” I yelled at both of them as Zacky pulled his own arm back to take a swing back.

They both froze, realising that I was referring them to my father.

I started to cry and hung my head in my hands as I sat there on the floor.

I felt so helpless.

“Aw fuck...” Brian muttered. I soon felt his arms around me, holding me close to his chest.

“Dude, I’m sorry,” I heard Zacky say to Brian. “I lied. That kiss? It was all me.”

“I’m sorry for punching you, even though you deserve it,” Brian said and I giggled a bit into his torso.

His grip on my loosened and he gently tipped my chin up towards him.

“Good to hear you laughing again,” he said softly, even though I was still crying.

I smiled weakly up at him and then looked over at Zacky. He looked super guilty for causing this mess.

“We are just friends, okay?” I said to him over Brian’s shoulder.

“I understand,” he said, looking down.

Brian gave me a kiss on my lips, then begun to wipe away my tears and fix up my smudged eyeliner.



From then on, Zacky never tried anything again.

We gave up on the ‘friends with benefits’ thing because it just caused unnecessary problems.

And without having to worry about Zacky’s feelings, I could carry on falling for Brian.

I only wished that I knew if he was falling for me too...
♠ ♠ ♠
Really not happy about the number of comments. I have so many subscribers and such little feedback. This chapter goes out to those few people who comment; thank you!

Please just post a comment.

Perhaps favourite part? What you like? (or don't like). What you can't wait for. etc.
It's really not that hard to do!!!