Status: Done.

It's a Syn Loving You

Party

After talking to the boys for about quarter of an hour, they invited me to a party later that night, at Matt Sanders’s house.

Just them, a few more of their mates, and a couple more girls.

I thought it couldn’t be too bad, so I went to it...


I knocked on Matt’s door.

Loud rock music was playing inside, so no one heard me. I opened the door myself and walked inside. I felt a bit under-dressed – in just a black top and jeans.

“Eva! Good to see you!” Matt saw me and walked over to me, giving me a hug. Wow, first hug I had gotten from a male for a long time... “Want a beer?”

“Sure.” He guided me to the fridge and told me to help myself for the rest of the night.

“Everyone’s in the lounge, but I’m sure we won’t stay there for long,” he shouted over the music while pointing through a doorway where I could see girls dancing.

Brian came through that doorway and took a step backwards when he saw me.

“You came,” he yelled, going past me and Matt to the fridge. He got out two beers.

“Why wouldn’t I?”

“Thought you hated me?” he asked and me and Matt followed him into the lounge.

“I do. But that doesn’t mean I hate your friends,” I retorted and he shrugged. He went away and I saw him pass his extra beer to a random girl. She was really eyeing him up, and I could tell what they would be doing once they were both drunk enough.

“You wanna dance?” Matt shouted. I wondered who he was talking to, then realised he was talking to me. Why would he want to dance with ME?

“Uh, yeah, okay...” I stuttered and he took me by my waist and led me over to the group of dancing teenagers.

We bounced around together a bit, chatting at the same time. I finished my beer at the same time he did.

“I’ll get ya another one,” he said and left me standing still in the middle of a moving crowd. Great. Now I’ll look like a dick...

“Yo Matt!” a guy shouted when he returned.

“Yeah?”

“You got a good closet?” the guy yelled, coming over to us with a girl trailing behind him.

“Yeah, why?”

“7 minutes in heaven?” the random guy shouted over the music. Everyone cheered and followed him out of the room, leaving me standing with Matt and our beers.

Awkward...

“So... Are we going?” I asked, feeling really uncomfortable now. Matt had walked over to the stereo and turned it down a lot.

“If you wanna play,” he replied and I smiled, being reminded of experiences that I’d had with that game.

“Last time I played that game, I was this close-” I held up my hand, showing my thumb and finger very close together “-to having lesbian sex,” I admitted and he almost doubled over in shock.

“Really?”

“It’s what happens when you get me drunk,” I said as we climbed his stairs up to his room where the party had moved to.

“Well, drink up then,” he laughed as we entered his room.

Everyone was sitting on the floor. The guy who was talking to Matt before was hosting the game, and everyone was gazing up at him while drinking.

Matt walked me over to his bed and we sat down, just as a random couple got up and left, no doubt heading for the room next door.

I spotted Brian and his girl sitting together – she was giggling uncontrollably.

I felt Matt’s hand creep around my waist. What was he doing? I kept both of my hands on my beer bottle, which was sitting in front of me.

Brian whispered something in her ear with a devilish grin and they also got up and left Matt’s room.

“Hey Matt! What’s the name of your lady?” the guy who was hosting the game shouted and Matt called back my name. I saw it being written down on a piece of paper and thrown into this guy’s hat.

I sat there in silence, wondering why I came. I was about to watch randomly picked couples enter Matt’s closet for 7 minutes, then come back out and most likely disappear somewhere else in Matt’s house. Was that really that exciting?

I sighed as the first couple’s names were called out.

They didn’t even bother with the closet.

I wondered how quickly people were going to be leaving this room. It was a small party to start with, and half of the people had already left.

*15 minutes later*

“Well, that game kinda lost its plot...” I commented. I was still sitting on Matt’s bed with his arm around my waist. We were the only ones still in his room.

“I know,” he said, taking another mouthful from his drink.

I got off his bed, stumbling a bit, and picked up the hat off the ground. Even the host had disappeared with a random girl.

As I fumbled with the hat and the last few pieces of paper, Matt got up and shut his door. Did he... lock it? I’m not too sure...

“Ha, you’ll never guess whose names are left here,” I said slowly as Matt walked over to me.

“Whose?” he asked while his arms fumbled around my body. I could smell so much alcohol in his breath. Suppose mine wasn’t much better...

“Ours,” I answered, dropping the hat, suddenly fascinated by the fact that our names were the only ones left.

He kissed me.

I dropped the pieces of paper.

“Well... I guess that means I owe you 7 minutes in heaven...” he said quietly.

“Just 7?” I looked up into his eyes while swaying a tad to the left.

“Or... however long you want,” he replied and kissed me again, his hands falling lower on my body.



Do I even need to say what happened that night?