Status: Done.

It's a Syn Loving You

5 Years Later

1st September 2003.

The day I was meant to get my old life back.

I’d been waiting for 5 years for this day.

I had finally saved enough money to go back to my old town and find the 3 guys that had kept my hopes up for the last 5 years.

I was 22 years old, and ready to follow them and be with them for the rest of my life.

IF I could find them...


“I give up!” I yelled to an empty street. The last house I had tried was Zacky’s, and he wasn’t there.

God I was stupid.

Thinking that after 5 years they would still live at their old houses?

I really hadn’t thought this through – my excitement had gotten the best of me.

“I fuckin’ give up!”

Where was Matt when I needed him?
And Zacky and Brian?

I said I was coming back for them, but maybe I was too late.

I walked the empty streets for a few hours, wondering what I was meant to do.

That’s when I saw it.

A poster.

With MY death bat drawing on it.

Some stupid band called Avenged Sevenfold had stolen my drawing!

And they were playing a show tonight. I checked my watch. Right now, actually.

Boy, if they didn’t have any decent music, they were going to get it!

I stormed over to the venue that I had been to a few times when I used to live here. Sure enough, there were 5 guys rocking out on stage, with a massive black sheet behind them. Printed on it was a white death bat.

I started to push my way through the crowd, heading to the front of the stage. Their music was actually pretty good...

“This one’s called ‘Unholy Confessions’, and it goes out to that special girl that we’re still waiting for,” a familiar voice echoed through the room and the music started up again.

Was that...

Was that Matt?

I was suddenly running through the crowd, but it took me the length of the song to make it up to the right side of the stage. I was literally pushed up against the wall by their fans.

Avenged Sevenfold thanked the audience and I recognized the drummer as he walked off stage. He had been sitting in Matt’s lounge once. Sure, he had different hair and was a tad taller and Goth-ed up a bit, but I’m pretty sure that was him.

The bassist followed, passing in front of me too. I had no idea who he was.

Oh my God! Brian! Boy did he look good!

The girls next to me were screaming out “Sinister”, but I dunno why. I yelled ‘Brian’ and I’m sure he caught my eye. He gave me a funny confused look, but continued slowly walking off stage, shaking his head as if to shake the thought away that he’d seen me.

Zacky! Also an improvement!

I screamed out his name, along with the other fan girls, and he caught my eye also. He paused for a second, but continued walking, calling out to Brian.

And last but not least, Matt walked in front of me.

I screamed with every last bit of energy left in me, praying that he would hear and see me.

He did.

“Eva?” I heard him say. “Eva!”

“Matt!” I shouted back, shoving a girl out of my way, trying to get closer to him.

“Hey! Let her up!” Matt told the bodyguard urgently.

The bodyguard moved out of my way. I climbed up onto the side of the stage and Matt pulled me into a tight hug.

“My God! It’s been ages!” he whispered into my ear and then let me go. “Come on, let’s go backstage!”

We walked off stage as another band took the stage. I saw Zacky talking to Brian, both looking confused.

“Guys! Look who’s here! You’ll never guess!” Matt shouted as we headed over to them.

“Oh my God! I wasn’t dreaming!” Brian said excitedly as he walked over to me. I received yet another hug.

“Eva!” Zacky shouted at the same time, but he just stayed where he was. “What are you doing here?”

“I promised I’d be back,” I answered, walking over to him to hug him.

“Matt? Hun? How’d it go?” a female voice called and I looked over Zacky’s shoulder to see a black haired girl walking over in Matt’s direction.

“Don’t look...” Zacky warned me quietly, but of course I did turn around and look.

“It went great, baby,” Matt answered while hugging her and giving her a kiss.

Well, what did I expect?

A guy to wait 5 years for me?

Ha.

Yeah right.

“This is Eva,” Matt said while nodding in my direction.

“Hey! I’ve heard so much about you!” she said, walking over to me. “I’m Val.” She gave me a massive hug.

“Nice to meet you,” I said with a fake smile. “I see you guys are using my death bat.”

“Yeah, it’s a kick arse drawing!” Brian said while grabbing two beers. He handed me one and I thanked him. “You took your time.”

“I know. Sorry... But I’m here!”

Zacky got himself a beer too.

“That you are. So, let’s party?” he offered while holding out his beer bottle.

I clinked mine against his.

“Let’s.”


I partied with those boys until around 6 in the morning.

It felt good to be back at home with them.

But Matt was with a different girl now, and I didn’t even feel the same way about him anymore.

And suddenly both Brian and Zacky were very cute.

This was going to be trouble...