Status: Comments = Updates

I Can't Stay Away

Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

*Next day in the morning*

Today I was starting high school. I was a little nervous, well to be honest, REALLY nervous. I don’t like being in places where I don’t know anyone. God, I’m already missing Jake. I was so sure that he would tell me those three words, but of course that only happens in my dreams.

I put on my black converse and started applying black nail polish on my nails. I was painting my pinky on my right hand, when I heard my cell phone go off. And God did I know that song.

“Hey, I’m missing you so much” I said to Jake.

“I know, so am I. So are you starting today or what?” he asked, I could just picture him smiling as he talked.

“Yeah, I have time though……” I started telling him, until I checked on the clock and realized I was more then wrong.

“Oh my God! Jake I gotta go. I only have like 10 minutes to walk like 5 blocks to school” I told him while blowing on my nails hoping the polish would dry quick.

“Ok, we’ll talk later. Miss u like crazy by the way” he added before saying goodbye and hanging.

I smiled to myself. I don’t know why, but I liked the fact that he missed me “like crazy”.
I snapped out of my happy thoughts and grabbed my black and white checkered backpack and started going down the stairs. I grabbed a cereal bar, cause I gotta eat something, at least on the way. Said goodbye to my mom and dad who where enjoying their breakfast. They’re so lucky they don’t start work until like 11 am, but that gives more time with the house to myself. Don’t know why it should matter though. Oh, wait. Yeah I do…..
That’s when I would invite Jake over and I would “try” to flirt with him, but it never seemed to have worked. And well it’s not he’s fault, I kinda suck at flirting.

I started walking a few feet when I heard someone whistle. But not in a “come here boy” way. More like ‘they do in those movies when the woman with a really short skirt walks by’ kind of way.

I turned around blushing, really embarrassed and hoping that no one else heard that.

I saw a guy with straight jet black hair, and a hoodie on, walk my way.

“Hey. You must be my gorgeous new neighbor” he said …..wow what the….. Did he just wink at me?!

I tried to ignore that, as hard as it was and started walking again. Even though I knew that no matter what I did I was gonna be late for class.

I was quite surprised when I head footsteps behind me, and then I saw him walking right next to me, trying to get a look at my face.

“Umm, sorry about that. I think I should start all over…..uummm, Hi I’m Andy” he said still walking by my side.

“Um hi” I said

“So, aren’t you gonna tell me your name beautiful?” he asked winking?? Again.

“It’s Kelly” I answered short and simple.

“Well, Kelly I’ll see you around then. After all we’re neighbors” and with that he was out of sight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes later I had finally made it to the front entrance of the school. I walked in, and the by the looks of it I was late. Three was no one in the hallway. I took my schedule from my back pack (good thing my mom had picked it up for me earlier this morning or else I would be more then late to class). I looked at it and saw I had Music at first period. I then quickly grabbed the little map that was attached to the schedule, and tried to find where I was, and where I had to be.

A few minutes later, after going up the stairs, turning left, and walking a few more steps. I was there. Well, next to the closed door of the class. I had no idea why, but I felt extremely nervous. It must have something to do with the fact that I really don’t like public spaces, especially ones with lots of people my age. Too bad I just described high school.
Anyway, I had to knock on the door. HAD being the key word, cause my hands didn’t move from my sides.
I breathed in deeply trying to clam myself down. As I was about to knock on the door it opened. The teacher was holding the doorknob pointing my way as he said “Derek to the principle’s office NOW!”
He glanced at the door quickly and then realized I was standing there, completely “lost”.
“Oh, hello there. How may I help you?” he asked kindly
“Ummm,…I’m in this music class….I’m new” I added the last part almost as a whisper.
“Ok, then. Come on in and take a seat please” he instructed me as he grabbed the blue paper slip from my hand.
I walked in the class and quickly looked for a place to seat at. I found it in the back. Which I didn’t mind at all. I actually liked the back seats a lot. For some reason it made me feel even more nervous sitting at some place where everyone was able to watch me, but if I sat in the back, I would be the one being able to watch the rest of the class.
I walked to the back, while receiving a few stares from some of my now classmates. I took off my backpack placing on the ground next to the chair and took a seat.
Good thing this teacher was some how obsessed with teaching his class that he didn’t introduce me. I just would have died of embarrassment.
I started writing down some of the stuff he was saying and doodling on my notebook.
I stopped when I heard him asked for some of the class’s attention and started writing in big capptler letters on the board: GROUP PROYECT - PRESENTATION ABOUT ANY NATIONAL BAND/GROUP - DUE NEXT WEEK.

I copied what he just wrote on my notebook and heard him speak again.
“Ok, class. So this is due next week and will be done in groups of 2, no more sorry. And I will be the one picking the groups, and please no complaining” he said and started saying names, two by two, of people I didn’t know. After about 10 names later, I heard my being said with a another guy’s name. “Derek and Kelly” then he said a few more and went to his desk to sit.
I looked around searching for this so called Derek, but the rest of class was talking to their asigned partener and none of them were alone. Except for me. I’m always alone.

A few second later the bell rang and everyone stood up and walked out of the classroom. I stood up as well but walked up to the teacher’s desk. “Um hi. I wanted to know who Derek is” I asked. And shortly after I added “the partner you assigned me”.
“Oh yes. I’m sorry had to assigned you him, on your first day, but it was by the alphabetical order.” he said not answering my question. “Sorry?” I asked confused.
“Well, not sorry…um…just never mind. Kelly? Is it?” he asked me. I nodded and waited for him to answer my question. “Well, he’s in the principle’s office know.” he said and went back to writing something down on a sheet of paper.
Of course, when I walked in he was being asked to go to the principle’s office. I guess I was so nervous I forgot about it. I said goodbye to the teacher, which I still had no idea of what his name was, and walked into the hall.
I went and grabbed my stuff for my next class that was history. Which I hate. Well actually I hate all the subjects, and high school. I had forgotten how much I hated it for a while now. I guess it was cause I had Jake with me all the time, in every single class. It wasn’t like that from the start of the year back at my old school, but we asked the principle if he could change our classes so we could always be togther. The principal thought we were dating, and well we let him believe that, cause it seemed like the only way we were going to get our classes changed.
I was brought into reality by the sound of the bell ringing.
I started walking to my next class, and when I was reaching the principle’s office (that was on the way), I bumped into someone who was coming out.
I landed on my knees, but the person I bumped into landed on my hand. And not to be rude or anything but “Oww, God your heavy” I cried as I tried to get my hand from under his body. “Well thanks, that’s not something you hear everyday” he said smirking. What a jerk, he was smirking at the fact the he was hurting me. Wait. No. It can’t be. I thought to myself horrified as I recognized him from earlier. Apparently this was Derek.

I was finally able to free my hand from his weight and stood up quickly. “Mind helping me up?” he asked with that smirk still plastered on his beautiful face. Wait. What?! Did I seriously think he was good looking??

Well, he wasn’t bad looking. I can tell you that.

I helped him up, even though I shouldn’t have after the way he talked to me before but, anyways I did.
“So your Derek?” I asked him. He seemed quite surprise by the fact that I knew his name. “Yeah….wait how do you know my name?” he asked liked I said, surprised.
“Well, I’m in your music class and after you left the teacher paired up everyone to do some project about some national band” I explained.
“Oh, and let me guess. You got stuck with me” he said for once not smirking.
“Yeah” I said but then quickly corrected myself. “Well, not stuck. I mean I was assigned” I said feeling bad. I mean I know he hasn’t been really nice to me before, but I’ll just let it be, I didn’t want him to think I hated him or anything.

After that we started walking the same way, and ended at the same place. Looks like we had the same class again. We walked in. Yes we were obviously late, but we found two empty seats at the back, lucky me.
We walked to the back and took a seat. This class was probably the most boring of them all, but Derek talked to me when the teacher was to busy explaining something to some people who didn’t understand.

“So your new” he stated and then added. ‘I was new too. Well last year. But it still feels the same cause I didn’t make any friends. You see the reason I was sent to the principle’s office was for defending myself from this guy that’s always making fun of me for the way I dress, and for my hair and all that.”
“Why would he do that?” I asked not realizing the reason was pretty obvious. This guy was emo. There was no other way to put it. But that was cool, cause I was sort of emo myself. My hair wasn’t black but I had an emo haircut and wore eyeliner, a black skinny, black converse, had my nails painter black, a black shirt with a pink neon phrase on it (that I must add was an emo phrase), and checkered wristband on. So yeah, I guess I was emo too.

Derek seem to have realized I figured that reason out on my own, cause he never answered. Instead he started doodling on his notebook.

He Didn’t speak to me until the end of the class when he asked me “So what class do you have next?”
I grabbed my schedule from my pocket quickly and answered “Bio and you?”
“Nah, I’ve got math” he told me before walking off. But he stopped as he got to the door “but I’ll see you later” he said smiling and then walking off into the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠

I hoped you liked this!!

Plz comment if you want me to keep posting!
Rate and subscribe 2!!
Thanks for reading =)