My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Elliot's Birthday

I wake up and remember it's Elliot's birthday. Gerard gets up around the same time. After we get ready, we walk to the fridge to somehow summon breakfast. Hands clasped, we walk by Mikey and Elliot's bunk. I hear a piece of their conversation and notice they're on top of eachother...as always.

"I love you." she says pressing closer to him

"Not as much as I love you." Mikey says taking Elliot's hand in his. Today is going to be VERY lovey dovey... I can tell. Ignoring them, Gerard and I walk past as if we saw nothing...but in the end we chuckle. Mikelliot...haha. Later, I find Mikey and ask him if the suprise for Elliot is set.

"Yeah, it's taken care of. Frank actually made the arrangements with the owner."

"Speaking of Frank...where is he? And Michelle? Have you seen them?"

"Yeah...they left early to go to a movie or something. I think it was Cirque De Freak."

"Oh cool...she's been dying to see that."

At about one o' clock, Gerard and I drive to the beach we rented for Elliot. It's ours for the day to enjoy. It's beautiful. I have always loved the ocean, the cool spray, the squaking birds...okay not so much the squaking birds!

"Mikelliot will be here any minute now" Gerard says. Just as he finishes the sentence, they arrive. Elliot is in a blindfold.

"Come on." Mikey says. Elliot slowley follows Mikey out of the car. "Take off your shoes."

"If I step on something sharp, I'm so blaming you" she says slipping off her black converses and socks.

"Step forward." Mikey says. And then, he takes of the blindfold. She's immediantly grinning. The beach is her favorite place in the world. Of course, Michelle and I knew that. The beach thing was Michelle's idea...but she didn't want to come because she thought it would be too hot.

Mikey and Elliot wander off somewhere...Gerard and I are left alone.

"I see some flat rocks over there, perfect for sitting on" I suggest

"Cool" he says. So we walk over and sit on the rocks.

"Remember when I said I wanted to go to Disney World?" I ask him

"Yeah, of course" he says

"Well...I meant it." I say

"Of course...we'll find time" he says reasuringly. "So, why do you want to go so badly?"

"Do you remember when you were a kid. If you got a new toy, you wanted to show it to everyone"

"Sure, continue"

"Well, it's my favorite place in the world, and I want to share it with you"

"Really?"

"Yeah" Just then, he pulls me closer. Partially because of the wind chill but also because he's touched. I truly do want to share it with him. It's very special to me.