My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Explanation...

Oh my gosh. What the heck is Gerard doing here?!?!?!?!

"Will, I think it's time for you to leave. Thanks for a great night." I say, really sorry because Gerard is giving him a look that would have scared the pants off of Mrs. Orley. But then I realize Will is returning his ferocious glare on an even higher level.

"I'll see you tomorrow Carlee" he says, his glare unbroken. He walks away, glancing back to give me a look that says "He had better not be here to take you away from me!"

"What's with the stupid nickname?" Gerard asks, obviously ticked off

"My friends gave it to me, and it's NOT stupid" I say defensively. We stare at eachother silently. "Why are you here?" I ask softly. I know Gerard too well not to know the answer.

"I missed you, I wanted you to come back with me. But that boy is going to keep you here" he said, sadly

"I wouldn't come back with you, even if I wasn't dating him. Come on, you know that."

"I just...I just...I..." he says, fighting back tears. Suddenly, he reaches out and grabs me, kissing me strongly. I push him fiercely away.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" I ask, angrier than ever. He stares blankly and me.

"You...you pushed me away..."

"It wouldn't be the first time!" I say in the heat of the moment, immeditely regretting it.
"Gerard, please....I'm sorry...it's just I don't love you anymore. We wern't meant to be. You know that. I'm just so happy here, I'm finally doing what I've meant to do my whole life."

"This is my fault. I never meant to make you angry tonight. I was so desperate, and I figured it was worth a shot. We're near here performing. Everyone else is coming tomorrow, I snuck out tonight because I couldn't wait to see you. I'm sorry, I know you're right." he says, coming back to Earth. He starts crying. Without realizing it, I give him a hug and start singing a verse from a song I wrote.

"You never know what's coming, only what is here. Try your best and someday all you need will become clear." I sing alright considering I haven't practiced except for singing in the shower. I'd never sung that song to anyone before.

"I miss that voice." Gerard says, relaxing.

"Why do you miss it? You know I'll always sing if you want me to." Gerard looks at me and smiles. We'll always be friends. After a few minutes of catching up he leaves, with the promise of coming back tomorrow. I go to sleep that night knowing everything is alright