My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Meeting in Person...

"Um...Congratulations? So...uh...who's the lucky guy?" Gerard asks, obviously confused.

"You." Bella says, whispering.

"WHAT?"

"YOU, OK?" she says upset. She starts to cry for the billionth time today. After a minute of silence, Gerard speaks up.

"We should talk in person. I'll come." he says, hanging up without a goodbye. Bella continues to cry...but after a few more minutes she's out of tears.

"Bella, you were brave." I say

"Yeah...but now I have to talk to him in person! What do I say to his face?"

"Just answer his questions, you'll do fine." I say reasuringly. Bella still looks distressed.

"How about we have a sleepover, I have movies." I suggest

"I love that idea." Bella says, grabbing a blanket and pillow, I guess she didn't feel like she needed anything else. We go to my dorm and watch movies for six straight hours. Then we go to bed, Bella on the smallish couch and me on my bed. It's nice to have someone around for once.

In the morning, I wake up first. I go out to a nearby coffee shop and buy Bella a latte because she loves them. It's a Saturday so neither of us have class.

"Good morning sleeping beauty...I have a latte for you."

"Latte...?" Bella says half asleep.

"Yes a latte, now get up and drink before it gets cold." I say pulling her off of the couch. After she finishes the latte, I give her clothes to borrow because she neglected to bring any. I get dressed too, and finish just in time to hear the door knock. I run to the door and answer it.

"Hi Gerard."

"Hi...where does your friend Bella live..."

"She's here right now, come in." I order him. He walks in slowly and takes it all in. Then, he spots Bella sitting on the couch looking more lethargic than ever. I then realize, in haste, I gave Bella my pink cat shirt to wear.

"Caroline, could you give us some privacy?" Gerard asks.

"Sure, I have some errands to run anyway. See you in a bit." I say grabbing my jacket to go out and do some imaginary errands. I end up going shopping and buying a new shirt for Bella. It's light blue and has the "See no Evil, Hear no Evil, Speak no Evil" monkeys on it. She likes monkeys for some reason. I arrive back at my appartment after being out for two hours, so I figure Gerard is gone and Bella went back to her dorm. I unlock the door and don't knock because of my presumptions, and boy am I in for a suprise.

"Maybe I should have knocked first." I say, startling Bella and Gerard. Gerard gets off the couch and grabs his car keys from the table.

"Goodbye guys." he says, leaving quickly obviously embarressed.

"Bella, what the heck were you doing making out with Gerard on the couch?"

"Um...well...I don't know. We talked for a while, and we agreed on everything. I'm not getting an abortion, and Gerard wants to be recognized as the father...no matter what the consequence. And we just kept talking...and before you know it we ended up..."

"I get it. Why didn't you tell me you liked him?"

"Well...I didn't really untill earlier. We just clicked somehow."

"Glad all of that worked out. Anyway, I got you a present."

"Oh, you didn't have to do that!" she says, grabbing the shopping bag. I have to laugh.

"Omigosh I love this shirt!" she declares, putting it on over my pink cat shirt. I wonder if Gerard noticed she was wearing it...

"Good." I say smiling. I am SUPER glad that Gerard didn't lose control, and it seems like everything is falling into place.