My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Can you see me?

I hear a loud crash on the other side of Will's dorm.

"Will, are you okay?"

"Yeah...I just tripped over a chair...my vision got blurry for a minute there..."

"You've been doing that a lot lately..."

"Maybe I should get it checked out."

"You read my mind." I say, giving him a sympathetic look. Tripping over things isn't fun...trust me I would know. But I'm more worried about the fact his vision is blurry. In about ten minutes, we're in the car and driving to a docter's office. Luckilly, they wern't busy today and were willing to take him in almost as soon as we arrived. They insisted a stay in the waiting room, so I have some time to get lost in my thoughts. One thing I'm thinking about is Elliot and her baby, Brittney. She was born last month and keeps getting cuter every time I see her!
Bella's baby is due in about a month or two, and Gerard has been visiting often. I'm very happy for them.

"Carlee...is there a Carlee here?" a nurse walks in and asks

"Um, yeah...right here. What's wrong?"

"Follow me." she says. It's my turn to get a sympathetic look. What is going on?

"We need to talk about Will's condition, and he wanted you there."

"Oh, okay." I say. We walk in and I see him slouching in his chair.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Skcih. Please, take a seat." the docter says. I sit down in the seat next to Will, of course.

"You have Claucoma." he says, directing his attention to Will.

"Not all cases are serious, but yours happens to be. It's irreversible, and eventually you will likely be fully blind." he says gravely. I'm stunned.

"How long do I have before I can't see anymore?" Will asks

"Between five and ten years, but it could be more or less" the docter says. We both are silent. Will looks greatly saddened by the news but he manages to stay strong.

"Is there anything we can do?" I say, finally speaking up

"No, I'm sorry." he says. We get up and leave, traveling back to Will's dorm in silence. When we get inside, I start to sat goodbye.

"I'll see you later...if you need anything don't hesitate to call." I say, hugging him. I turn to leave when he grabs my hand.

"Don't go." he says, looking close to tears. I'm sure if I left he would have cried, but he was too proud to do it in front of me.

"Okay." I say without hesitation. I stay for the night, holding him in my arms and wishing I could have the disease instead of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I made up the disease, and got the basics for it from an actual disease called Glaucoma. I'm not sure this is important, but I figured I say it just so you know.