Sequel: Hidden in the Shadows
Status: Completed :) Onto the sequel!!

Playing the Game of Love

Chapter Twenty-Eight

November 15th, 2010
Monday
Boston, MA
9:48 P.M.

Milan walked into the bar he and Tuukka agreed to meet at. He saw him standing in the back, drink in hand.

“Hey Looch, I’m guess things didn’t go well with you and Brittany considering that red hand print you have on your face.”

“I told her straight out she had until 11:00 to leave.”

“Good, I’m proud of you for finally getting rid of her.”

“I need to tell you something you can’t tell Raina.”

“What is it?”

“I’m going to ask the Bruins Organization if at the end of tomorrow’s game, if we’ve won, if I can have Raina come out onto the ice so I can propose to her at the Garden.”

“You’re going to ask her to marry you?”

“Ya, I feel like she’s the one, I’ve known her for so long, I’m 100% sure of how I feel.”

“Do you have a ring?”

“That’s what I was going to ask you, do you want to come with me now to the jewelry store?”

“Sure,” The two went out to Milan’s car and drove to the store on Newbury St. Milan had passed by so many times. Milan and Tuukka were the only people in the store besides the jeweler. Milan looked carefully at each glass display trying to find a ring Raina would like. He came to last glass box and his eyes instantly fell onto the perfect ring. It was gold ring with a beautiful heart-shaped diamond. More diamond lined the sides of it.

“This is the one,” said Milan pointing towards the ring. The jeweler came over and took it out and let him look at it. Milan knew that I was the right ring. The only dilemma was he didn’t know Raina’s ring size.

“Can you get me a size 6?” If it wasn’t the right size he’d get it resized after. The jeweler took the ring and put it back in the glass display and then went into the back to get the ring.

“I think it’s beautiful,” said Tuukka, looking at the ring back behind the glass. “I’ve been thinking a lot about Jasmiina lately every time I drive past a jewelry store. I’m not sure if I’m ready to make such a serious commitment.”

“How long have you two been together?”

“Three years, since I was twenty.” The Jeweler came back out and handed Milan a small velvet box. Milan opened it and saw the stunning ring inside. He and Tuukka then left and drove back to the bar so Tuukka could get his car. Milan carefully put the small box into his jacket pocket. He glanced at the clock and saw it was 11:00.

“Do you think Brittany’s gone by now?” said Milan.

“I don’t know we could go back and check.” Milan drove back home, followed by Tuukka in his car. When Milan and Tuukka got upstairs by the elevator they saw his front door had been left open. He expected to see his apartment destroyed and vandalized, but walked in to see everything in place.

“Hello?” He called out, nobody answered, she had left. For confirmation he went upstairs to find none of her clothes left in the closet. He invited Tuukka to hang around a bit and he stayed over until midnight. Milan sat at his kitchen table in the silence, looking at the ring. He felt strange having of made so many new changes in life, even if they were for the better. He thought about far he’d come over the past week, and here he was sitting at his table holding the ring his possible future wife would hopefully accept tomorrow. Everything had gone by so fast, but he’d never been so sure of the direction of his life. He continued to look at the ring for awhile and then went upstairs to sleep. As he lay down in his bed alone he didn’t feel lonely at all like he had so many nights when Brittany had been sleeping next to him. He felt refreshed and excited about his new beginning. __________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment, I'll have one more chapter out later today, and tomorrow I'll post the last two. :)