Sequel: Ruthless blood
Status: I dont take that long to update.

Running on Adrenaline

Chapter 28: Vingt-huit

It was finally Friday night again, and I couldn’t be happier, there was too much energy in me to contain. The only downside of it was I had to face Brian, he looked relieved when he did approaching me while the band packed his van.

“Hey” he greeted.

“Hey” I couldn’t help but smile at his cute way of placing his hands in his pockets.

He put his arms out to hug me and I hugged him around the waist tightly. Hannah broke our hug with a quick shove as she carried the drums into the van.

He placed a small kiss on my lips and then went to drive the van to the show.

Someone nudged me and lightly tapped me on the butt; I jolted and turned to whack Oli in the chest.

“You did it, didn’t you?”

“Yes Oli, all night long” I answered sarcastically.

He laughed loud and put his arm around me “So you got something nice to wear tonight?”
“What’s tonight?” Hannah chimed.

“Dinner” Oli shortly answered and left to get in the car with the rest of his band.

“What dinner?” Hannah further asked.

“Just something he’s making me go to”

Hannah was then called by someone, quickly leaving the conversation before she could ask any more questions.

When we finally got there we unloaded in lighting fast speed and this week Bring me the horizon took the stage first and instead of taking the side stage to watch, I escaped to where the crowd lay and watched the stage from the floor. The crowd was severely energetic tonight and I was fully thankful. When the band started setting up, I went straight to the stage and took the mic, the band gave me a ready signal, after tuning.

The first sound to be heard wasn’t Hannah’s drumroll, but instead a shrill scream from my lips. The crown went mad as the guitar and drums kicked in halfway through it. I sang and just like the previous week i yelled and i egged them on filling their veins with excitement and anger. I couldn’t have felt more of an adrenalin rush. When we finally finished, i was proud to see the whole crown push forward and cheer as loud as they could. It was a given we were into the next round, and i couldn’t be happier.

When we got backstage, the whole band piled on me, a huge group hug with lots of yelling. When we finally broke it up Brian came over to hug me.

“The crowd loved you guys”

I smiled wide and hugged him once more; Oli was standing behind him and signalled to me. I broke the hug with Brian and told him i would meet him at his van.

“So I’ll come get you”

“No worries” i rolled my eyes, he smiled and left me to meet Brian.

Everyone agreed to meet in Hannah’s room, but instead she told us she was busy.

“I’m going to Toms for dinner”

“I’m going too” i chimed; they all looked at us like they were disappointed, and decided to hang in Brian’s room.

I followed Hannah to her room to possibly ask her for something to borrow. She picked me a white dress, pinched at the waist, and backless.

“Thanks” she half smiled and i decided to confront her about her distant approach to things lately.

“Hannah, what’s up?” i asked.

“Nothing” she assured.

“Please, i know for a fact ‘nothing’ always means something” i sat on her bed until she fessed up.

“I just think it’s a little unfair, you obviously know Tom still has feelings for you and you're going with Oli to the dinner thing”

I held my hands up in defence “Hannah, Tom could’ve asked me, Oli asked me yesterday and i had to say yes”

She just assured me everything was okay, and i just shrugged and went back to my room to get ready. I picked a pair of skin toned heels from my pile of shoes. I did my makeup first, a heavy black eye liner and mascara, i dried my hair and pinned my outgrown fringe to the side. Oli knocked on my door and i slipped the dress on quickly as well as the heels.

I answered the door to Oli, with the end of his tie in his mouth, chewing away.

I flicked the tie out of his mouth and he looked me up and down.

“Well don’t you look nice” he smiled. At just that moment Tom and Hannah walked down the hall, Hannah in a black dress and red heels with a black coat, Tom smiled as he saw me, and Oli grabbed my arm and told me to hurry up.

Oli drove, while chewing on the end of his tie. I would flick it out and he would just put it back in. After 20 minutes of that and our incessant giggling, Tom and Hannah told us to stop.
Olis house was large and pretty gorgeous, its white fence and large front door greeted us. As we stood at the front door, Tom knocked and I noticed Olis collar.

“Dude, you can’t even dress yourself” I laughed, I leaned over fixing his collar and buttoning the top button. He looked at me smirking the whole time and when i looked him in the eye he would look away. Olis mum answered the door and took her sons in her arms instantly, Hannah and i smiled at the sight.

“This must be Hannah and Amelia” she welcomed us in to a house smelling of a home cooked meal.

Oli’s mum sat us in the lounge room with the rest of the guests, there were plenty of people there and they all waved at us. I caught sight of Oli unbuttoning his collar and loosening the neck.

“Oli” he rolled his eyes, knowing he got caught. He just faced me and smiled until I buttoned it for him again.

“Don’t let me catch you doing this again” I warned, and he chuckled as fixed his tie.
I looked over to Tom, who was watching us and half smiled, he looked away once he saw me looking at them.

“Here” Oli handed me a glass of wine, I went to take it, but he snatched it away “Only if you promise to not get outa control” he teased.

“Shut up” I shoved him lightly and took the drink in his hand.

“Your house is nice” I looked around at the white walls and the high ceilings.
He shrugged “You I guess so”

He brought me around to meet a few people, I waved politely and my mouth hurt once we were finished, from all the smiling. He then took me to a balcony of some sort where he explained to me who most of the people were.

“You’re not even listening” he clicked in front of my face and chuckled.

“Sorry” I smiled “On another planet”

“On that planet, did you and Brian finally-“

“Oli” I stopped him “Is you must know, yes we did”

He was silent “I wasn’t prepared for if you actually told me” he laughed.

I tried to hide my laughter and he saw my face knowing I didn’t want to go further on the subject.

“Can we change the subject please?”

“Alright” he sighed “Let’s play the question game”

I rolled my eyes “Really? Is that all you could come up with?”

“Simple mind” he explained, chuckling. “Favourite food?”

I answered reluctantly, the questions were thrown back and forth, they grew less easy to answer and more inappropriate.

“Alright let’s try this one” Oli took a sip of his drink “Do you believe in love at first sight?”

“Absolutely not” I bluntly answered, he furrowed his brows and his mum called us to sit just before he could gain an explanation.

We sat next to each other and ate quietly; Oli would sneak a piece of something he didn’t like on my plate every now and again. I would shove it back on his and he would pout.

“So why the pessimism?” he questioned while everyone had their own conversations.
I shrugged “Don’t you think it’s a little ridiculous for someone to just know that they love someone by looking at them? I mean, don’t you think that’s a little shallow, just judging on looks?”

He took a bite of something and replied “I never thought of it like that”

“Pessimism is sometimes handy”

He shrugged and I caught a glimpse of Tom and Hannah sitting and talking, they were sweet and I was happy that maybe Tom would stop feeling this way about me. He would look over at Oli and I every now and again but it was growing less often.

“I’m bored” Oli flailed his napkin around with his mouth twisted to the side.

I shrugged, not knowing what to do with him. Oli exchanged glances with his mother, she rolled her eyes but smiled, shooing him from the table. He smiled wide and took me by the arm, away from the table and out to his front lawn.

“Ow kid, that hurt” I rubbed my arm.

“Sorry I can’t sit-“

“-still for too long” I finished his sentence. He smirked and led me towards his car.
Oli drove me back to school quietly, radio turned down as he just drove. The streetlights flickered and the road was fast under us.

“Do you believe in love at first sight?” I threw his question at him with a yawn, as he walked me to my room.

He nodded “Yep”

“Why?”

He shrugged “I don’t believe in luck, don’t believe in religion, I guess Love is the only type of magic I believe in”

My mouth remained open, ready to say something back, but all I did was smile.
“Goodnight Oli” I hugged him tight.

When I lay in the bed I wished it was my own, I felt kind of lonely, and what Oli said made me feel like I needed Brian. But I fell asleep before I could act on that thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
well well well, what do we have here
HELLOOO,
so i love you guys and you're comments and subs
i just wiped a tear from my face

i hope you enjoy :D