Sequel: Ruthless blood
Status: I dont take that long to update.

Running on Adrenaline

Chapter 31: Trente et un

“What’s up Oli” I waved.

“Nothing much, what you up to tonight?” he asked, as he texted.

I shrugged “Movies”

“Sounds good I’m in”

“Thought so, Hannah’s room at 8” he waved and continued walking only paying attention to what was on his phone. Brian dropped me at my door.

“Movies?” he asked.

“Yeah” I smiled.

“But there’s a party” he suggested.

“You want to go to a party?” he nodded “Where there will be drinking?” he nodded again.

“Well as strange as that is, a party isn’t that good of an idea” I hinted.

He looked deflated “Well would you mind if I went to the party?”

I smiled “Yeah, go ahead, but before you go, why are you all of a sudden so willing to go”

He shrugged “It’s my last week until finals, and I want to have some form of fun”

“Actually it’s less than a week” I laughed; he smiled and waved to leave. I grabbed his sleeve and pulled him to my lips. I placed a small peck on his lips and then his cheek; he smiled while I did so and squeezed my hand before he left. He walked away looking back a couple of times, with his hands in his pockets and a small smirk on his face.

I arrived at Hannah’s room and walked in, without knocking, I really wished I had though. Her and Tom were in the middle of something I was clearly not supposed to interrupt.

“Well nice to see you, but I can’t stay” I said sarcastically, they both laughed at my response and as I closed the door from the outside, Oli stood there rubbing his eyes.

“Tired?”

“No, I just walked in on their little show”

“And they didn’t lock the door” I shook my head “Kids in love ey?”

“Why are you in such a good mood?” he smirked “Its creeping me out”

I shrugged, and I really didn’t know why, I guess it was just because I wasn’t the weak one for once, Hannah needed help and I was strong for her, I was strong for someone else and I hadn’t had that feeling in a long time.

When everyone was ready we walked in a little crowd, to Olis car. Hannah and Tom, Jeremy and his date and Oli and i.

Oli told me a senselessly lame joke while we walked and everyone held their own animated conversations, it was weird to feel normal, like we had no enemies, so I savoured the feeling and hopped with my entire mind that it wouldn’t change anytime soon.

“You get the tickets” I told Hannah and Tom “We’ll do the food” I took Olis arm and rushed him towards the snack bar.

“Sweet, I love being on food patrol” I mentioned quietly.

Oli just laughed and pointed to what he wanted, after taking a large order, the girl at the counter gave us our food and smiled sweetly at Oli.

I walked away smirking and popping candy into my mouth. “She was cute” I mentioned.
He shrugged and took the drink I held in my hand.

The group grabbed the various food items we held and when they were done we were left with one drink and a box of popcorn.

“Oh great, thanks guys” I laughed.

“We bought your tickets” Jeremy said stuffing his face with Popcorn.

I took his packet of chocolate and smiled as I walked past and handed a girl my ticket. Oli laughed and followed close behind. We sat talking loudly and using out food as a weapon rather than as food. Our laughter, bad jokes and yelling caused a few angry retorts, but we ignored it and surely enough quietened during the movie.

Since all the other movies were filled, we were stuck watching a movie about talking animals, made for mainly 6 year olds.

When it was over, Oli left rubbing his eyes “Now that I think about it, having a talking dog would be rate cool” he wandered aloud.

“Yeah…” I agreed, the rest of the group looked at us and burst out in laughter.
“What?” we both said simultaneously.

“Now that that’s done” Hannah started “I think I’m up for a party” I didn’t see a flinch of worry across Toms face, or hers. So I guessed it was time to party.

“Brian said something about one” I mentioned, once we all piled into Olis car, I directed them in the way I remembered Brian describe.

I was in full blast by the time we arrived, and we all entered as one large group, this party was exceptionally crowded and we had to separate at once, Oli close at my side, helping me find Brian.

“Brian” I yelled over the yelping punk tune, he was talking animatedly to a guy and took a drink from him. I rushed to him before i lost him and smiled as I kissed him lightly on the lips.

“Lia” he smiled and spoke with a slight slur, his drink spilt on the floor as he took me in his arms and kissed me. He then put me over his shoulders once again and carried me to the couch in the middle of the room.

“Brian” I laughed. I could safely say he was a completely different person when he drank.
He fumbled around for a bit and then told me he was going to grab me a drink, I nodded and rolled my eyes, not looking forward to staying sober for him. At the other side of the room I spotted Oli taking shots down consecutively and holding is alcohol incredibly well.
I sighed, and to make matters worse, a loud thump was heard on the other side of the room, and I somehow knew Brian was responsible.

Unfortunately that loud noise was followed by yelling, I turned to find his fist colliding with a guy’s face. I got up and ran to the place he was.

“Brian” I desperately yelled over the crowd, I felt my self being pushed back towards the edge, I used my strength to the best of my ability to see the centre of the crowd and possibly break up what Brian had gotten himself into.

A strong force picked me up and placed me on the edge of the crowd.

“HEY” I yelled loudly, I then realised Oli was working his way through, with Jeremy close on his back, they successfully broke the crowd up and held Brian and his opposed opposite to each other.

Tom ushered Hannah and I away from the fists being thrown and stood us far from the fight. I bumped into Heidi, who looked satisfied to some extent.

Brian broke from Olis grasp and started yelling, I approached to hear.

“I don’t get like this unless I drink” he yelled.

“Alright, alright” Oli said keeping him upright.

It was silent, which was impossible at a party, unless something more interesting was happening, whispers started to erupt and they surrounded me, I couldn’t really see why they were all looking at me.

“Hey Heidi, might wanna run” a guy slurred from across the room.

“Fuck off Spence” Oli mumbled.

Brian’s eyes flickered, with something, I wasn’t sure what, but I knew it was a memory.
The guy guessed was Spence came over to Oli and socked one right in his jaw. Brian broke from Oli’s grasp and came over to me. Oli rumbled and Tom intervened.

“This is why I don’t drink” he snapped, I felt the blame and instantly knew it was partially my fault. His eyes were tired and red and his speech was slurred, he looked at me for a few intense moments, before he sighed heavily and stumbled out of the house. A few people shoved him and threw words at him, words I would never associate with Brian.

Oli walked away holding his face with Tom, and Jeremy and Hannah were close behind them. They left, and I was alone. I could feel a few eyes on my back, they lingered until I looked in the direction the stare was coming from.
♠ ♠ ♠
awwwh, little bit of drama there for you
its gonna get more dramatic,
because i feel like it
im gonna return to listening to Lady gaga

DAWG