Sequel: Ruthless blood
Status: I dont take that long to update.

Running on Adrenaline

Chapter 9: Neuf

“Night” my mouth managed and I stumbled into my empty room and shut the door behind me. I heard him leave quietly, what the hell did I just do ?

I just tried to push everything to the back of my mind while I undressed, I really needed someone, I slipped into a big t-shirt and my boxers, and took my phone and snuck out of my room to the bathrooms. Once I reached them I locked myself in the dark cubicle and dialed Erins number.

It rang several times and once her voicemail started I hung up straight away. I just sat there on the floor with my head in my knees. I heard the cubicle next to me slam and a horrible noise that sounded like someone emptying their stomach of the alcohol, I cringed at the familiar sound. I walked out of the cubicle and splashed my face, the girl who occupied the other cubicle came out and wiped her mouth. I recognized that mop of blonde hair. She splashed her face with cold water and looked in the mirror. Heidi’s makeup was smudged, her eyes were exhausted and her hair was a messy mass of tangles.

“Wha’?” she snapped.
“Nothing” I snapped back “Just sucks to be you right now” I laughed and walked out of the bathroom. Heidi grabbed my hair from behind and pulled me back. This bitch was stronger than I thought.

“What the fuck” I spoke quietly.
“Don’t fuck with meh bitch” she then let go of my hair and shoved past me. I just stood there holding my side scared she would touch my fresh tattoo; I finally breathed and shook myself out of it.

The next morning I woke and quickly dressed, lessons would start in less than 10 minutes, I rolled out of bed and slipped my uniform on, my hair was tangled and even though I tried my best I couldn’t brush the tangles out, so I just tied it up in a bun and I was out of my room in no time.
I was wondering why I was getting such strange looks in the hallway, and then I remembered the large bruise on my nose, I checked my reflection in a passing window, the swelling had gone down and the the bruise had gone yellow and looked like it would disappear soon. I just sighed and entered my English classroom. I hated English.

The teacher talked for too long and I tried my best to stay fully awake and have some interest in the subject, but the entire lesson escaped my mind. A girl turned to me and looked at me in an interested manner.

“Yes?” I asked and rolled my eyes.
“Wha’ happened to yeh nose?” she was curious.
“Oli hit me” I said sarcastically. She sat there, her jaw dropping to the ground, she actually bought it. It’s like sarcasm was a lost concept with this girl. I just left her to believe it, not wanting to bother correcting it.

When the lesson finally ended I headed to the art rooms I heard a couple of girls whispering and pointing to me, I brushed off their looks and just tired to forget about the massive bruise on my nose.

“That’s just low, you hit a GIRL” I heard loudly from behind me, I snuck a peek and saw a girl yelling at Oli, he seemed shocked and then turned his head to my direction. I tried to suppress laughter, and his eyes filled with pure rage, I gave a little wave and kept walking.

It was weird to see girls not swooning over Olis every move, and instead rolling their eyes and denying his attention. It was kind of satisfying to kick a King off his throne, and to think it was all because of a stupid sarcastic comment.

It came to lunch and I walked briskly from my last lesson to get some lunch, I hadn’t eaten since last night and I was hungry as hell. My brisk walked was stopped by someone’s strong grip, it clasped around my arm and pulled me into a dark room.

“Mate, if you don’t let go, ill sock you one” I warned.
“Relax yeh twat, its meh” Oli pulled on a cord and a light bulb lit above us “So yeh telling people I hit yeh? I didn’t hit yeh” he growled.

“It wasn’t on purpose, it’s not my fault some people don’t understand a sarcastic comment when they hear one” I moved back against a wall, but he just moved closer.
Our faces were inches from touching “Stop telling people” he ordered.

“Done” I agreed, he smirked a bit.
“What?” I asked, irritated.
“Nothing, yeh just left Tom a little depressed last night” he chuckled.
“BALLS” I slapped my hand to my head “I forgot about that” my voice grew small.
It was silent for a bit “How’s the tattoo by the way?” he poked my side and I cringed in pain, before he could escape out the door I punched his arm and he shut his eyes in pain.
After he left I waited a while before I let myself out, once out in the corridor I headed to meet up with Hannah and Jeremy at our table.

I sat down with a pile of food and ate hastily. Jeremy laughed and Hannah’s head was on the table.
“Yeh hungry?”
“Haven’t eaten” I explained between mouthfuls. Hannah finally lifted her head and at the sight of my food she cringed and looked away.
“Hangovers are a bitch” she stated the obvious, and I nodded agreeing.
It was quiet as I took a drink, Jeremy looked at me and opened his mouth to say something, but stopped himself.
“What?” I asked him.
He did it again, and Hannah huffed and lifted her head.
“He wants to know wha’ happened between you and Tom last night” she returned her head to the table.
“Shit, does the whole school know about it or something?” I sat back and took another sip of my water.
“Wha’ happened?” they both leaned in and waited
“He may have tried to kiss me” I cringed.
“Yeah didn’t kiss back ? Don’t tell meh you gave the poor guy the cheek” Hannah pleaded.
I sighed and let my head fall into my palms, I rubbed my temples as Jeremy and Hannah gave into a long chorus of “ooooooohhhh”

They both looked as pained as I did “Yeh need to set him straight” Jeremy ordered, I replied by rolling my eyes and stuffing the rest of the pizza in my mouth.
I snuck down to the basements and knocked on the door, Tom answered, and gave a half smile. I peered in to see Hannah and Jeremy hadn’t arrived yet, I was guessing it was their attempt at setting Tom and I straight.

I sat with my bag on my lap and took out a crumpled piece of paper. I looked over to Tom and ushered him to sit next to me. He sighed and plopped down next to me, carfully placing his bass next to him.

Before I opened my mouth, he did “I was joking” he tried to redeem himself.
“No you weren’t, I would know, it happened to me once” I chuckled lightly.
“That’s impossible Lia, who would turn yeh down?” his voice faded towards the end and I was left feeling horrible.
“They guy who turned me down, is one of my best friends back home, he gave me this” I handed him the piece of paper.
He unfolded it and read the piece of paper out loud “Friends?”
“Sure Tom, that sounds great” I laughed, he was forced to return that with a smile.
He opened his mouth to say something, but I stopped him.
“I know Tom, but-“
He pulled my face to his, and found my lips, his lips were soft and gentle, as he placed just one kiss on my lips. He slowly removed them from mine and rested his hand on my leg.
♠ ♠ ♠
OHHHHHH :)
well that was eventful
okay so i thought i would give you this chapter casue i might not be able to update for a few days D:
school is gay
but yeah, THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS :)
they're amazingggg
CIAOO

when i say 'hey' you say 'ho'