Status: writing.

Rebel.

guitar jam & heartbreak

"I'll be back in a few!" Jess calls, and I hear a door close.
"Okay," I whisper, to thin air.
I jump from the couch, and turn on the light to the closet. My clothes - scattered, colourful, and of different shapes and sizes - are standing before me.
I push my hands through the fabric, searching until I reach something hard, like a book. I pull it out, and a smile breaks onto my cheeks.
"There you are," I state, grunting at the weight of the album.
I make my way back to the couch, and open the porfolio.
It's a photo album of my family.
A light layer of dust sits over the first page. I puff my cheeks full of air, and blow. The dust floats around, shimmering and dancing in the single stream of light coming from the window.
The first page has the date, August 19th, 1983. I turn to another page, and see my much younger looking father. His face is rounder, and he's smiling. My mother is next to him, looking younger and rounder also. My dad must have taken the picture.
Suddenly, my eyes fill with tears, and a single drop falls to the plastic page. It springs into minature droplets, and I brush it away quickly.
Why am I here?
I don't belong here. This isn't my home.
You don't even know why I'm here, do you?
I glance around. Nobody's here, so, why not?
I rummage around in my closet until I find my acoustic guitar. It's simple black, with lime detailing.
I tune the strings a little, until they sound right.. a, b, c, d, fix c, strum.. e, f, g.
Strumming a few chords, I start to sing.
I keep singing and playing louder, until my worry and frustration are being taken out with music. My arms feel numb and I close my eyes. They sting, but I can't feel it anyway.
Soon, my arms and hands become limp and tired, and I keep my eyes closed, and lean back onto the chair.
"Sarah?" a voice asks.
Shit.
I sit up immediately, and Jason is standing in the doorway.
"That was," he begins, but I stop him.
"Stop, really. I'm already embarassed.." I cover my head with my hands.
"But Sarah, that was amazing! I heard you on my way down the hall.." his brown hair is messy, and his jeans have a rip in them. He looks very, very cute.
"Mmmk," I groan, and fall back onto the chair.
Jason sits next to me, and picks up my guitar.
"I played once, y'know," he chuckles.
"Really?" I ask, interested.
"Yup. My," he slows down for a few seconds. "..Dad taught me."
"Oh,"
"He died, a few years ago.."
"Oh, Jason! I'm sorry!" I wrap my arms around him in a hug.
"It's okay, Sar, it's fine.." he says, looking down. I sit back where I was.
"H-how?" I blurt, and he lifts his head.
"He got sick. It was very fast.."
I nod.
"Well, I want to play something. I taught myself to play it a few days ago. It's funny, because it's not a guitar song. But it sounds cool." He says, lifting the guitar under his arm. I smile.
I recognize the song immediately, and start to sing the words, as Jason plays.
If I could write you a song, to make you fall in love, I would already have you up under my arm!
I used up all of my tricks, I hope that you like this.. But, you probably won't, you think you're cooler than me!

I start to giggle. Then I laugh. Jason laughs along, and he keeps playing. I keep singing.
Once the song ends, tears are falling from my eyes with laughter.
"Why is it so funny?" Jason asks. I giggle harder.
"I.." I begin, "I don't know! It's just so random!"
I stop laughing and smile.
"You're good at playing, yourself!"
"Thanks,"
"So, school tomorrow?"
"I'll see you there,"
Jason heads out the door, and waves without another word.

The next day, I pull a sweater over my head, and carry an umbrella under my arm. Jess is next to me, as we walk to the school building. Ever since the 'guitar jam' yesterday, my mood has lightened.
As we enter the doors, I see a flash of that brown hair and my stomach fills with butterflies. But as I continue down the hallway, my jaw drops. Jason is standing there, with another girl. Kissing her.
My breath catches in my throat. Jess clears her throat.
Jason turns around, and I glare at him.
"What the hell?" he says, and I take a step forward, and slap him square in the face.
"Sarah!" Jess squawks, but I don't care.
"Sar, wait, this," Jason begins his little speech, but I cut him off.
"This isn't what it looks like," I mimick. "That's what was coming, wasn't it?"
The hall is suddenly very quiet, and people whisper and look at us.
"You don't-"
"Just forget it, Jason. I'm done."
My heart breaks into a million pieces.
I start running back toward the front door of the school, and throw the umbrella over my head. The rain is pouring now.
How could this happen?
Yesterday we were laughing and playing guitar, but today I catch him cheating. I should've thought this was happen. He was too popular and stuck up.
Where do I go?
I look around, and see our dorms. I can't go back there. He'd just go looking for me.
There's a thick green forest straight ahead, and I make a bee-line for it. It's my only choice.
♠ ♠ ♠
:(
this needed to happen though, i have ideas for what's going to happen next. :D

please comment, :)
xo, melissa. <3