Captured

Eighteen

Image

Image

Kaden continued to smile all the way back to Arizona.

Matty had been grumbling the entire flight, something about how her mom wanted to met the man who’d helped her daughter and that him being her fiancé was the only way…

Kaden didn’t care, he was just happy she wasn’t marrying some loser guy.

And again, he didn’t really want to question why the thought of Matty with another guy put him in a rage frenzy.

Still smiling Kaden removed their carryon baggage from the overhead storage and helped Matty step into the aisle.

She sent him a glare, “Would you quit looking so smug?”

Kaden laughed and followed the rest of the passengers from the plane, “I can’t be happy that I’m getting married? Even if you haven’t given me a ring yet.”

She grumbled again as they walked through the airport, dodging the crowds.

“Are you hungry?” Kaden called back

When she didn’t respond he turned and felt his stomach drop when she wasn’t behind him.

~*~

“Wow, I just can’t believe we ran into you!”

I smiled at the older couple standing before me.

They were adorable together, the man at 72 and his wife of forty years at 70.

“In all the places to see Senator Collins’ daughter, we meet her at Tucson International,” the husband said to his wife.

His wife smiled, “Oh, this is so exciting! Do you think we could take a picture with you? It would be such an honor.”

I smiled, “Of course.”

When this couple first stopped me I was a little worried.

The first thing that rolled through my mind when this old man touched my arm was that my father had found me.

But instead this couple just wanted to talk to someone they thought of as famous.

Smiling into the camera I take a picture with both of them, first posing with the wife then the husband, when I spotted Kaden through the crowd.

He looked upset and when he saw me his eyes darkened.

Dang, he’s really angry.

Putting on a bigger, albeit more cautious, smile I waved at him, “Hey Kaden!”

He gave me a small nod before turning to the older couple.

And when he said nothing to them, just raising a single eyebrow, even I felt intimidated.

“Oh, um,” the man stuttered, “I’m George and this here is Lynette. We just wanted to say hello to Mrs. Collins here and take a few pictures with her.”

Kaden nodded, “I see. You’d understand if I asked you to wait to show anyone those pictures, right? Mrs. Collins is here for a quiet vacation and I’d hate it if the media and random people started hounding her.”

Lynette nodded, “Of course! We wouldn’t want to cause her any problems.”

Kaden finally smiled, “Thank you. That would make it so much easier for us to celebrate our engagement.”

My eyes widened with shock as I stared at Kaden.

“Oh! How wonderful! We will definitely keep this meeting quiet until you guys go public,” Lynette said, her smile widening with pure glee.

Kaden chuckled, “Thank you and I hate to be in a rush, but Matty and I need to get going…”

“That’s okay, we are so honored that you choose to tell us. Now go on. I remember when I proposed to Lynette, more specifically I remember what came after my proposal,” the old man smiled mischievously, “And to think the rest of our family was shocked when our first born came seven months after our wedding.”

George sent us a wink before steering Lynette away.

I stared after them, my eyes even wider then when Kaden announced our engagement.

Our fake engagement.

Kaden chuckled, “I’m definitely going to look forward to tonight.”

I blinked as his words registered.

Then I glared at him, smacking him on the arm and walking away.

The jerk laughed the rest of the way to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha...

I love George and Lynette.

Especially George, lol

Anywho! Let me know what you guys think of this one!