Captured

Four

Image

Image

I watched the door shut softly behind the man’s back, confusion echoing through my mind.

He untied me?

Why?

I thought the point of kidnapping someone was to torture them…

Rubbing the pain from my wrists I slide my feet to the floor and stand.

His untying me may seem weird, but who am I to complain?

Really?

Moving with caution I walk to the door and slowly open it. Sticking my head out I take in the empty hallway, the dust the only movement I could see.

Stepping into the hall I practically tip-toe down the small walkway until I come to an equally empty open room.

Hmm, must be some kind of living room.

Hearing some nose echoing from a room across the living room I quietly walk toward it.

As I got closer to the new room I heard additional sounds.

A small smile grew on my face as the now familiar male voice muttered curses, his deep baritone competing with the banging of metallic pans.

“Where is that stupid fuc… ah! Found it.”

Standing at the entrance way I watched my captor rummage through some broken cabinets in one of the dirtiest and most broken down kitchens I have ever seen.

As he straightened I was able to see him better then when we were in the room.

One thing that I didn’t notice before was that he was very tell, easily towering over my 5’8” stature.

And that he wasn’t what I would normally call handsome, but he defiantly wasn’t unattractive.

No, he wasn’t handsome or pretty.

He was all man.

And right now that man was currently crouched down and half in a termite eaten cupboard.

I watched his well defined behind move as he searched farther into the cupboard.

“Damn it, I know it’s in here somewhere…”

I raised an eyebrow, “What is?”

I held in a laugh as he banged his head on the top of the cupboard. Pulling himself out and up he glared at me.

“What are you doing sneaking around?”

I had to bit my lip to hold in a laugh as he continued to glare at me and rubbed the back of his head.

Shrugging I leaned against the door frame, “It’s not my fault you were preoccupied.”

He snorted and turned away, walking over to a small table. I watched as he sat in a chair and began to fiddle around with a broken radio.

Walking a little close I frowned at his back, “What are you doing?”

He didn’t even bother to look at me when he answered, “Gardening.”

I rolled my eyes, “Seriously.”

He let out a frustrated sigh, “I’m trying to fix this stupid radio. Now can you please leave me be?”

My frown turned into confusion, “I thought you kidnapped me.”

“I did.”

Still confused, “Aren’t you supposed to keep me tied up? Staved? Tortured?”

“None of that had crossed my mind, but if you want me to I’ll consider it.”

Still he didn’t look at me; instead he ended up pinching his finger in the old radio.

Ignoring his muttered curses I continued my interrogation, “I don’t understand why you-“

My question was cut off when he suddenly slammed out of his chair. I watched him with wide eyes as he stalked over to me. Grabbing my arm he dragged me from the kitchen, down the hall, and back into the destroyed room.

I bounced a little on the old mattress when he threw me on the bed.

“Stay in here. I’ll bring you food when I get to it,” he growled, turning back to the door.

I felt my stomach rumble at the mention of food, “But I’m hungry now.”

“Then you shouldn’t have told me to starve you.”

He slammed the door shut, causing me to jump at the loud sound.

~*~

“Stupid female with her stupid questions…”

Kaden continued to mutter under his breath as he walked back to the radio in the kitchen. Sitting back in the chair he went back to working on the radio.

Why his boss was forcing him to fix this piece of junk when he could have just brought a working radio with him Kaden didn’t know.

But, when you’re the leader of about ten rogue Special Forces members you’d have to be a bit out of it.

Or suicidal.

Forcing his mind on the radio before him Kaden began the all consuming task of fixing the darned thing.

Once he was sure the old communicator would work his turned it on and tuned it to a channel.

“Ghost to Night Owl. Over.”

Static was all that answered Kaden.

Turning to another channel he tried again.

“Ghost to Night Owl. Over.”

It took him three more tries before more than static answered him.

“Ghost, this is Night Owl. Over.”

Kaden smiled, “I have the music. Over.”

For a few seconds all he could hear was static, then Night Owl’s feminine voice sounded through the white noise, “Good, how does it sound? Over.”

Kaden sighed, “Like an unhappy female. Over.”

“Good. Make sure it stays tuned and contact me if anything happens. Over and out.”

“Over and out.”

Quickly turning the channel and then dismantling the radio Kaden gave a weary sigh.

Keep the music tuned?

It seemed like all he could do right now is make sure the damned girl was muted.

Looking over to the dirty stove Kaden sighed again.

It’s a good thing she wanted to be starved. It’s going to take him forever to clean the thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did everyone understand the whole "code" talk?

If not let me know and I'll fix it.