I Could Treat You Better

Don't be such a wise ass

"Were going to the movies kid, you coming along?" Dallas stomped out his cancer stick and I bit my lip.

"Sure I'll go," I shrugged.

"Hey, I'm gonna drink a few, and if I don't get to drunk I'll com,e" Two-Bit stretched.

"Yeah yeah go drink."

"What did you say little punk?" Two-Bit got me in a headlock and we started to wrestle around in the dirt.

"Alright knock it off you two," Darry sighed and pulled Two-Bit off of me. I stuck my tongue out at him. Dallas grabbed my arm and pulled me up swiftly.

"Are you ready now?"

"Stop talking and get to walking."

"Don't get smart kid." He lead the way and we stayed closely behind. I ruffled Pony's hair and he smacked my arm away playfully. We started jabbing each other in the ribs until Dallas turned around.

"Quit flirting."

"Quit being a dick!"

"Don't be a wise ass," He scowled and I glared at him. We snuck in as usual. We took a seat behind two pretty Socs and, Dally being the ass he was, took a seat upfront with this blonde.

"Hey, Babe. Can I interest you in a coke?"

"No. Now go away Greaser," She said loudly and Dallas laughed. He grabbed a strand of her hair and twirled it.

"Are you really blonde?" His face was inches from hers.

"Get away," She yelled once more, wrestling her arm away from him.

"Stop it, Dal!" I sat up tall. He stopped and looked up at me.

"What did you say, Kid? Huh? What did you say you little shit?"

"I said leave her alone."

He glared at me but got up. Walking away, people started to shout at him to move out of the way. The girls relaxed a bit and they turned around.

"Thanks. He had me scared to death." She smiled brightly.

"Yeah yeah your welcome. I just hate how Dallas thanks everyone adorers him. And another thing, watch who your calling Greaser around alright?" She nodded and looked at me confused. She switched her gaze to Ponyboy and Johnny and smiled a flirty smile. They gulped.

"So, you guys are," She looked at me and I sighed.

"Yeah, we are. And were all buddies," Ponyboy got a little defensive and dodged the blonde's eyes.

"You guys don't seem like it though. You don't seem dirty like Dallas."

"Aw come on. Dal's not that bad. He's a pretty cool guy once you get to know him," Johnny added. We learned the blonde's name was Alex and the brunette's name was Daisy.

"What are you doing Greasers?!" Two-Bit shouted and we screamed before jumping. I smacked his arm lightly as he broke into fits of laughter. We introduced him and we all started conversation with each other. Dallas came back and handed everyone cokes. He took a seat next to Alex and she splashed the liquid in his face. He wiped it off and threw himself on her. She screamed and pushed him off of her.

"Leave her alone Dallas!" He looked up at me.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. She doesn't want you so back the hell off!" He stood up tall and I did the same.

"What are you gonna do about it, kid?" He smirked and I tightened my grip on the switchblade in my back-pocket.

"Enough!" Two-Bit stood up and grabbed my hand.

"Come on boys, were leaving." We said our goodbye's and made our way home into the brisk night.

"Why do you have to be such a wise ass?" Dallas grabbed my wrist to turn me around to face him. In an instant, I used my free hand to grab the switchblade out of my back-pocket and aim it at Dallas's neck.

"When someone says leave them alone, then you do so," I said through my teeth.

"Come on guys," Pony groaned and I kept my stare straight with Dallas.

"Put it up," Two-Bit said firmly and I hesitated but finally did so. The rest of the walk was quiet and Dallas and Two-Bit went their ways as we approached the rusty old gate.

"You staying the night Johnny?" I asked as I made my way through the gate.

"Nah. I better go home."

"Alright. But if things get to hectic around there, you come back okay? Your more than welcome." Pony smiled and Johnny nodded gratefully. We watched him disappear down the sidewalk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?! :)