Sequel: Now I'm Haunted
Status: Working on it.

How to Save a Life While Messing With Fate...

Ch.11

STACI’S POV
I picked up the phone to order our food while the kiss kept replaying in my head. It was so sweet and amazing…ugh I can’t do this to him no matter how much I like him! I finished placing the order and slammed the phone to the receiver and let out a sigh. He said he doesn’t care that I have my visions, but if I get close to him it would just make it worse if I lost him. How can he think he can help me over come this stupid visions…I’m just going to be a lonely loser for the rest of my life! Maybe letting him live here was a mistake!
I bent down and rested my elbows on the kitchen counter while burying my face in my hands. I have no idea what to do, and now he probably thinks I don’t like him when I really do! Nick is such a sweetheart and he cares so much. He may be a little broken but I guess I really did save him; he’s made so much progress within these few days. I know he said he’s here to save me now and I’d love for these visions to be gone it’s just I don’t think they will ever go away. I closed my eyes that were filled with tears and heard Nick singing and playing his guitar. I brushed away a few tears and walked into the living room which is now his room. He continued to sing/play while staring at his guitar.

“But I'll be there forever. You will see that it's better. All our hopes and our dreams will come true. I will not disappoint you, I'll be right there for you 'til the end, the end of time. Please be mine.”- He sang. I felt like the lyrics were directed towards me, which caused me to smile at him. His voice was so angelic; he finally noticed me and flashed a weak smile in my direction while setting down his guitar.
“That was really wonderful Nick. The lyrics were beautiful, is it your song?”- I asked as I sat next to him.
“Um thank you, and yeah it is. It was the very first song I ever wrote with my brothers.”- He said avoiding eye contact. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt the poor guy, he’s been through enough!
“Well I really like it, and your voice is lovely.”- I smiled.
“Thanks, it’s kind of what started the Jonas Brothers. Um…when the food going to be here?”- He asked getting up, I really hurt him.
“15 minutes or so, Nick are you ok?”- I said already knowing the answer.
“Yeah I’m fine! Why wouldn’t I be?”- He spat while walking away.
“Nick…”- I started.
“What Staci? I’m fine, I shouldn’t have kissed you! I get it you don’t like me like that!”- He slightly yelled as he turned around to face me. He looked so miserable but was trying to cover it with anger.
“Ugh Nick I…I just can’t do this!”- I said getting frustrated that I can’t be with him the way I want. I felt tears well up in my eyes.
“Do what? I know that kiss didn’t mean the same thing to you as it did to me. It’s ok Staci, it really is. I’ve had my heart broken before, I’ll manage.”- He sadly stated while taking the seat next to me on the couch while trying to look at me.
“I can’t do this! I can’t hurt you! Nick I can’t go through it again! There is no possible way I can handle losing someone I care about deeply again, it will kill me!”- I blurred out and started to let the tears flow. I looked over to Nick who seemed just as depressed as me. He let out a sigh and wrapped his arms around me.
“Staci please don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine. I mean I like you but I get it, not everyone always like the person who likes them. I’m not going anywhere ok?”- He whispered to me while trying to calm me down by stroking my hair.
“But Nick…”- I choked.
“Staci I’m serious! Whether you like it or not I’m staying here for you. Like I said before your visions don’t scare me and I really mean that.”- He said releasing me and looked me directly in the eyes. This isn’t fair!
“If I let you get too close to me I’ll lose you. (I paused and took a deep breath trying to hold back more tears.) Nick I really liked that kiss, like really really liked it. I also like you a lot, but that’s what scares me so much. I feel so much for you and if I lose you I don‘t know what I‘d do.”- I finally admitted while starting to cry once more.
He didn’t say a word he just cupped my face again and pressed his lips passionately upon mine. The kiss became more heated as he laid me down on the couch and crawled on top of me. I tangled my fingers in his hair, finally feeling carefree for the first time since my first vision. We kept kissing for awhile and he finally asked for entrance. I no sooner let him in when the doorbell rang. He growled very loudly while getting up, he glared at the door causing me to giggle; he glanced over to me and smiled. I got off the couch and fixed myself and went to get/pay for the food.