Sequel: Now I'm Haunted
Status: Working on it.

How to Save a Life While Messing With Fate...

Ch.10

NICK’S POV
By the time we finished writing the speech I could feel the strong connection that Staci and Erin had. They were the true definition of being best friends, now I understand why Staci is having such a hard time. Staci told me all the enjoyable things they have done together over the years they have know one other, they’ve done everything from bungee jumping to watching every possible sad movie they could think of in one day. Staci cried, laughed, and smiled through out the whole time we wrote the speech, and I was actually able to help her write! I haven’t written anything in many months and Staci helped bring light into that dark spot in my life. I’m wondering if I maybe able to play music now seeing as I have a new inspiration. I am actually nervous to go with her to the funeral, I know she didn’t ask me to go as a date…plus who asks someone on a date to a funeral. I’m just getting way ahead of myself with this, she probably doesn’t see me more then a washed up pop star charity case.

“Yo Nicholas do you want Chinese food for dinner?”- Staci asked interrupting my thoughts while she stretched in her chair.
“Ugh it sucks that your name can’t be shortened, you need a nickname! Oh and only if it’s from the place on Woodlawn Avenue, that’s the best place to get Chinese food in Chicago!”- I said.
“Well sorry my name isn’t fit to your satisfaction, just don’t shorten it to Stace…I already hate my name and Stace makes it worse. And I wouldn’t order it from any other place!”- She said.
“Seriously Staci we have been over this before your name is beautiful, and I’ll only call you Stace if I’m mad at you.”- I smirked watching her walk across the room.
“Oh shut up!”- She scoffed, I’m starting to realize she’s almost more stubborn then I am.
“Hey be nice! I won’t call you that, but I do like your name a lot.”- I smiled as she pulled out a take-out menu from a drawer and turned around placing her hands on her hips glaring at me.
“You’re being serious aren’t you?”- She continued to glare, but it softened once I go up and moved towards her.
“Of course, now if you would have been a crazy obsessed fan you would know that I’m the serious one!”- I joked as I walked up to her and moved her hands from her hips into my own hands. She looked up at me and smirked, I felt my heart beating fasting and fasting.
“I’m sorry I wasn’t a super obsessed fan, but thank you.”- She stood on her tippy toes and kissed me cheek making me blush.
“It’s ok, but I want to play for you sometime in the future.”- I smiled. I really like this girl.
“I’d like that a lot.”- She blushed.
“You know your name is almost as beautiful as you.”- I said surprising myself that I had the guts to actually tell her that.
“Nick come stop you’re making me blush.”- She giggled looking away.
“But I’m completely serious Staci; I think you’re amazing and beautiful.”- I smiled as I pulled her closer and placed my hand under her chin while gently moving it so she would look at me.
“I think you’re amazing too and very handsome.”- She said quietly, almost afraid to tell me. She looked up to me; I stared into her dark eyes that looked so happy yet so fearful. I cupped her face and started to lean in, it felt like the right thing to do I just hope she’ll meet me half way. Soon enough I felt sparks on my lips as hers collided with mine. I’ve never felt so much from one kiss, my heart felts as if it was about to explode while a million butterflies fluttered in my stomach. Our lips continued to move in sync as I hardened the kiss.

STACI’S POV
I looked up to Nick and glazed into his soft brown eyes, I can’t believe he thinks I’m beautiful. I felt his strong hands gently cup the sides of my face. As much as I want to kiss him and to be able to have a loving relationship again I can’t help but be fearful of what could happen. So many bloodcurdling thoughts cross my mind, but I couldn’t help but slightly lean in. His lip touched mine ever so lightly but felt like fire touching mine (in a good way). To be honest I’ve never felt anything close to this from a kiss, not even with Greg. My heart inflamed as Nick pushed his lips harder on mine…I know better I can’t do this to him, it’s not fair to him. I softly pushed Nick away, instantly missing his lips on mine.

“So, what do you want from the Chinese place?”- I said trying to forget what just happened. But Nick just stared at me confused, almost dazed. “Nick!?”
“Um I’m sorry; I was way out of line. Just forget about that kiss.”- He sulked while looking down.
“Nick it’s not that I didn’t…it’s just um can we just get food please?”- I said feeling terrible and depressed that this couldn’t ever work.
“Yea I’ll just have sesame chicken.”- He said quietly making me feel worse.
“Alright I’ll order.”- I said walking to the phone.

NICK’S POV
God I am stupid! How could I think kissing her would do any good? Now things are just going to be “awkward” as Joe would say. I really feel something special for her, but things just went too fast. I know I felt sparks from that kiss, I don’t know how she couldn’t have felt them. I watched her pick up the phone to order food and I walk over to my bed (the couch) and picked up my old beat-up guitar. I placed it on my lap and stared down at it, waiting for my hands to begin playing as they used to. I glanced to the opening that showed the kitchen and I saw Staci on the phone. Just looking at her sends chills up my spine and gives me that goofy half smile I was known for. I looked back at my guitar and began to play part of something that has been around for along time. The first song I had ever written with my brothers.

“But I'll be there forever. You will see that it's better. All our hopes and our dreams will come true. I will not disappoint you, I'll be right there for you 'til the end, the end of time. Please be mine.”- I began to sing the words that fit my relationship with Staci perfectly.