Sequel: Now I'm Haunted
Status: Working on it.

How to Save a Life While Messing With Fate...

Ch.13

Nick's POV
After her shower, I told her to lie down and by the time I also showered, I was beat emotionally and physically! Staci has my mind going full speed 24/7 while I'm still dealing with the fact I tried to kill myself over being left by my ex-wife just a few days ago...as for physically my body is try to cope with the damage I've done to it! I have lost 15lbs and have not taken care of my diabetes at all until Staci helped me. She has really been a blessing to in everyway possible! I feel like she's my only reason to care for my life at all...I want to be health again, I want to gain my muscle back, I want to write and play my music again, and mostly I want to live a long happy life which I think will always include Staci. I walked into her room to say goodnight since the door was wide open. The sight I saw instantly made me smile; she was asleep and curled up into a small ball but she was on top of the comforter. She is probably freezing so I grabbed the blanket from her chair and draped it over her petite body. I lean down and gently placed my lips as softly as I could upon her forehead, she must be a light sleeper because her eye cracked open as I whispered “goodnight.”

"Nick?"-She a little shaky.
"Yea?"
"Um...to prove you're not going anywhere...if you wouldn't mind...could you please stay with me?"-She sniffled quietly.
"That is fine...let me get a shirt and I'll be back."- I said realizing I was only in my boxers.
"Nick I really don't care what you wear I just need you please...I had a dream you died because of being with me!!!!!!"- She started to sob.
"Aw ok! Shhhhh its ok I'm not going to!"- I assured her as I climbed into her bed. We both crawled under the cover and then she clung to my bare chest.
"Thank you Nick..."- She sniffled.
"Honestly it's my pleasure."- I said stroking her hair until she finally calmed down enough to fall into slumber. Tomorrow will be so hard for her, I am just glad that I seem to always help comfort her. I laid there thinking about everything until my thoughts were too much and I also fell sleep feeling amazing as I cradled her in my arms.

STACI’S POV
I woke up after having one of the worse dreams I have ever had, I’m so glad it wasn’t real. I looked around and remembered that Nick had came in to comfort me late last night. I realized I was stuck to his bare chest, oh yeah he was in only his boxers…my bad. I might as well enjoy this, because today’s going to be stressful and full of tears. I don’t know how I’m going to keep it together during Erin’s speech. She was the only one true friend I ever had, Nick’s all I have now and that scares me to death! I mean I’ve known him for what, maybe a week! But I really do trust him, I feel like there’s just something too special for words between us. I still can’t tell if what I feel is just a strong friendship or if it’s…love.
Love terrifies me, everyone I’ve ever loved I’ve lost, but when I’m in Nick’s arms or if I look into his warm brown eyes or even when he kisses or touches me I just feel out of this world…even more then when I was with Greg I think. My hearts in this way too much, I don’t think I can ever let go of Nick, even after a few special days. Thoughts consumed my mind of Nick and I, all the what ifs and all the things that could go wrong…if one more person losses their life due to me I’ll end up killing myself, no one else can suffer. I soon became aware that I had small tears strolling down my face, the deaths I’ve caused have really messed with me, I’m shocked I’m mostly still sane. I just stared at Nick’s chest moving slowly up and down while my tears started to make a tiny puddle on his abdomen. His soft snores had to be the cutest thing, his tight grip on me began to loosen as he stirred into consciousness.

“Morning Beautiful.”- He smiled.
“Morning.”- I sniffled and slightly smiled as I sat up.
“Are you better, wait you’ve been crying haven’t you?”- He asked while his smiled faded into a worried frown.
“Yea, Nick don’t worry I’m fine now, umm but thanks for last night.”- I lied, how could be ok when I think I’m in love with him and it’s the day of my BFF’s funeral!
“No problem, but I know you’re lying to me. You’re not ok, but I understand because today’s the funeral…just remember I’ll be by your side all day.”- He smirked as he sat up exposing his bare chest. My eyes couldn’t help but wonder up and down his slightly defended abs, I bet before his divorce he had even more abs, stupid weight loose!
“I know Nick, you’re always here. And that means so much to me, I know I can trust you.”- I smiled.
“That’s good, don’t worry I’m not leaving you and your beautiful face.”- He smiled as he moved his hand to cup one side of my face. His thumb gently brushed back and forth on my cheek, making me blush even more.
“Nick…”- I was lost for words as I stared into his eyes.
“Yea?”
“Kiss me?”- I said shocking myself, but as soon as his lips touched mine I was glad I asked. He pushed his more roughly on mine and pulled me on top of him. He broke the kiss and stared into my eyes.
“I’ve never felt so strong for anyone before, Staci I think I…”- Nick started but my phone started to go off.
“Ugh sorry.” - I said climbing off of him and out of bed. “Hello?…Yes I am…yea I remember it’s today at one…I’ll be there I promise she was my best friend! I love her, it’s the least I could do…see you soon, bye.”- I told Erin’s mother. Nick looked at me slightly funny.
“Who was that?”
“Erin’s mom, she wanted to make sure I could do the speech and come today.”- I stated nervously.
“Look Staci the speech is amazing, it shows Erin how much she meant to you. It’s going to be fine, I’m so proud of you. You’re handling this so well.”- He smiled as his gaze met my lips.
“Thanks Nick…do you want to kiss me or something?”- I asked turning my frown upside down.
“If you wouldn’t mind.”- He said getting out of bed standing in front of me.
“Well you were going to say something before the phone…”- I started but was cut off by his lips. We continued to kiss for awhile, until we had to get ready. Luckily Nick had black nice clothes out of the few outfits he has. We were ready to walk out the door until Nick spun me around and kissed me passionately.
“Ok we can leave now, that kiss was for good luck.”- He smirked crookedly.
“I think that helped, but I’m still nervous.” - I said locking my door.
“I’m here for you REMEMBER! I don’t know how you’re going to explain me to the people you know, but I know this will be fine.”- He assured as he grabbed my hand and held it tightly. Something feels so right with him, yet I’m absolutely horrified about what I know can happen. We stayed hand in hand all down stairs, in the cab, and when we walked inside the wake. Everyone I knew stared at us while we walked in, I’m not close with any of them so I don’t know why they’re staring. Oh well, this day is for Erin and I need to tell everyone how much she meant as a best friend to me. I felt tears filling my eyes as I stared at the coffin in front of me…today is going to be very long.