Sequel: Now I'm Haunted
Status: Working on it.

How to Save a Life While Messing With Fate...

CH.21

NICK'S POV
"Joe I'm so scared."- I said as sat down.
"You really love her. How do you know her?"- He said as I swallowed hard.
"I umm Joe this is so hard to explain and you probably won't believe me."
"Come on Nick, I'm sure you didn't meet her in a strip club or something."- Joe said seriously.
"You really want to know?"
"Nick I know I haven't been here, but no matter what it is I'm here now."
"To make a long story short, she saved me from myself..."
"How?"- He asked curiously.
"Ugh does it matter!?"- I said looking away.
"Obviously it does."
"I...Joe don't tell mom or dad ok?"
"I won't."
"I tried to kill myself."- I whispered.
"WHAT! WHY!?"- He hissed.
"I was in a really bad place after Miley left. I had no job, no money and a shity apartment. I felt empty and everyone hated me."
"I'm sorry..."
"It's ok I'm just glad I had someone who cared. After she saved me she took me home and helped me get better. I also helped her, so I though."
"Wait, how did she save you?"
"Joe if you say one word of this..."
"I swear I won't."
"She's had these visions since she was 16 about people she cared about dying. Don't ask me why she saw me on the bridge but I've been the only one she could save. There's so much to explain but I mean you get it, right?"
"16?"
"Yeah she lost the first guy she ever loved."- I said sadly.
"That's terrible."
"I know; she has to lost so many before. She left her home because she didn't want her parents to suffer. She hasn't seen them in years."
"Maybe saving you was fate."
"Not if she loses her life for me. I don't deserve her."- I said starting to cry.
"If you two were happy then you do. I'm sure she loves you, do you think she would've saved you if she didn't care."
"I know Joe, but I feel so guilty."
"It's going to work out bro."- He said sincerely. I let out a sigh as I look towards her room to see the doctor walk out. I got up quickly to meet him half way.
"Can I see her?"- I asked frantically.
"Yes, but you need to very calm and you need to stay quiet. She's in very critical condition."- He said seriously.
"Is she going to be ok?"- I asked.
"She lost a lot of blood so she had two transfusions. She has a few broke ribs, her left arm and leg are broken too. She also has a concussion, she's lucky she alive now. We think we stopped the minimal internal bleeding she had, but that's why we put her into a medical induced coma. I'm not sure when...or if she’ll wake up."- He explained. My heart started to ache more as I nodded.
"Thank you."- I whispered as I headed to her room with Joe on my tail.
"I heard what the doctor said, she can pull through."- He said as I opened the door.
"I hope."- I said looking at her. She still looked beautiful and as if she didn't have a scratch on her. They cleaned her up well.
"Nick she's beautiful."- Joe smiled as I sat next to her bed side. I grabbed her right hand and held it lightly in mine.
"Thank you."- I cried as I kissed her pale skinned hand.
"No problem, I think I already like her."- He smiled. We stayed in silence for a few minutes as reality sank in.
"I love you. You shouldn't have saved me!"- I sobbed as tried to stay quiet.
"Nick..."- Joe said as he patted my shoulder.
"I know; I need to stay strong."- I said as I watched he checked his phone.
"I'm going to go get us some food, I'll be right back."- He said walking out. I gazed upon her pale face and prayed once again for god to help her.

STACI'S UNCONSCIOUS POV
I opened my eyes and say nothing but white and clouds around me. I looked around and saw no one; all I wanted to do was wonder forward to see what I could find.
"Staci!"- I heard a familiar voice say behind me. I turned around to see Erin.
"I'm so sorry!"- I started crying.
"For what, it wasn't your fault."- She said hugging me.
"I didn't save you! You can hate me, I deserve it!"- I said glazing at her, she looked the same and I really missed her.
"I couldn't hate you, you're my best friend! Look Staci none of the deaths were you're fault."
"Yes they were! I don't deserve to be alive!"- I sobbed.
"No they weren't."- A different voice spoke again from behinds.
"Greg!?"- I asked turning around. He nodded and hugged me tightly.
"I missed you."- He cooed.
"Why am I here? What are you both doing here!?"- I asked so confused as I looked at the 17 year old boy I was in love with many years ago.
"We're here to tell you that you have to stay strong and go back to Nick."- Erin said.
"You don't deserve to die. You have a second chance."- Greg said softly.
"But my visions..."
"That's something you have control over, you can stop them. Staci I missed you but I have to go, listen to Greg."- Erin said before disappearing.
"Wait, why did she go!?"- I cried.
"We all have to go separate ways. Staci you need to listen to me."- He said as he took my hands.
"Can I just go with you guys, please?"
"What about Nick?"- He asked.
"I don't want him to die because of me like you did."- I said as more tears flowed. It's so strange to see him again.
"Staci that was my fault, I wasn't paying attention. You have to believe me when I say that none of the deaths were your fault."
"But I could've saved you and everyone else if I tried harder!"
"You can't mess with fate, Nick and you belong together and his fate was changed by god so that could happen. It's all meant to be."
"I..."
"Just believe me. I still love you but I know your meant to be with Nick so you need to go back to him. He really loves you, everything just got messed up. Please go be happy."
"I still love you too, but Nick..."
"No buts, you two are in love and you are going to be happy. I have to go. Bye Staci"- He said before kissing my cheek.
"Greg don't go!"- I cried as he disappeared before my eyes. What am I supposed now, how do I get back?