Sequel: Now I'm Haunted
Status: Working on it.

How to Save a Life While Messing With Fate...

CH.22

JOE'S POV
I walked down the hall to meet my parents. I feel so guilty. Nick doesn't deserve any of this.
"Joseph what's going on?"- My mother cried as she hugged me.
"Basically Nick is in love with the girl who saved him. He's in her room now, she's in critical condition. I know you guys were upset with him because divorces aren't acceptable to you but if you think about it he had to. Miley wasn't good for him and I do believe she cheated on him, but there was no reason to cut him out of our life."- I said trying to be very serious.
"I know Joe I feel terrible, I'm such a horrible mother!"- Mom cried.
"Mom please don't cry! Everyone makes mistakes."- I said hugging her.
"She's right; we didn't do the right thing. And Joseph you know we never admit to being wrong, but this time we messed up."- Dad said.
"He know you still love him, he's just hurt. He needs all of us, I called Kevin and he'll be here tomorrow and Frankie said he's coming this weekend."- I explained.
"Joe when did you become such a great person?"- Mom smiled.
"When I was hatched!"- I joked. "Do you want to go see him and Staci?"- I asked.
"That's her name?"- Mom asked as we started walking towards her room.
"Yes."
"That's a beautiful name."- Dad chimed in.
"For a beautiful and wonderful person who saved your son."- I said.

NICK'S POV
I heard Joe walk back in and I didn't plan on eating whatever food he brought. I didn't bother to turn around so I just continued to play with Staci's fingers.
"Nick."- Joe said trying to get my attention. I sniffled and turned around to see him and my parents. Mom looked so remorseful and dad looked just as hurt. I missed them; I wish they would've never pushed me away.
"What are you doing here?"- I said quietly as my shaky legs stood up.
"We're so sorry Nick."- Mom cried.
"We were wrong."- Dad explained, as much as I wanted to be mad I didn't want to waste my time or energy. I was still hurt but there no point to hate them.
"It's ok..."- I said quietly.
"You have every right to mad and upset with us."- Mom said.
"It's fine, your here now and that's all that matters."- I said walking closer. Mom pulled me into a tight hug.
"We'll do anything to make this up to you, Nicholas I'm so sorry!"- She cried causing me to also cry as dad patted my back.
"Mom it's ok, please don't cry. I love you."- I gave her a weak smile.
"We love you son."- Dad said hugging me.
"Thank you for coming, and thank you Joe for doing this because I would've never called them. This means so much."
"You're welcome, Kevin and Danni will be here tomorrow and Frankie is coming this weekend, we're all here for you."- Joe smiled. I felt a little better, knowing I had more support but that's still not enough to bring Staci back to me.
"So this is her?"- Mom said walking to her bedside.
"Yes, mom she's amazing. She's saved me more than once and I really love her."- I said standing next to her.
"She's beautiful Nick."- Dad said.
"Thank you, I just need her to be ok."
"She'll be fine; she looks strong even for being so little."- Mom smiled.
"I hope...mom I want to marry her."- I smiled as I touched her hand again.
"You do? How long have you been together?"- She asked.
"It doesn't matter; I've never felt this way before!"
"Are you sure it's not because she saved you?"- Dad asked.
"I'm positive dad! She's everything I could ever ask for and more."
"Well I'm happy for you."- Joe smiled.
"I can't wait to help plan the wedding."- Mom said rubbing my shoulder as dad looked over and smiled.
"I need a favor from you Joe...can you go to her apartment to get some of my stuff please?"- I asked; he nodded and I wrote down directions. "Just grab me some clothes and my meter please, oh and my bag in the bathroom. I don't want to leave her side."
"Ok I'll be back soon and call me if there's any change."- He said as he took the paper and left. Mom and dad looked at me, I could tell they still feel terrible...I know a way they can make it up to me.
"Dad, I know because of my divorce you cut off the money I get from our movies and albums, but I know Staci isn't going to have enough money to pay for all the surgery and I was wondering if I could have my money. I mean it's mine, and I don't think you ever had the right to take it from me, but I get why you did. I worked really hard and..."
"Nick it's ok, you deserve it and I'm sorry. She's worth it."- He smiled.
"Thank you. She needs to be cared for in any way possible."- I said gazing down at her as I prayed again for the one day I can call her my wife.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please check out my new (brand new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and old stories if you don't read them! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!