Sequel: Now I'm Haunted
Status: Working on it.

How to Save a Life While Messing With Fate...

Ch.2

STACI’S POV
The rain felt like small lead balls beating on my skin. I’m in nothing but a pair of skinny jeans and a floral blouse, no jacket, and no shoes. I hope running through the freezing ran makes this guy worth it. I probably look more crazy then I am. I looked ahead to see the start of the bridge, surprisingly there are no cars out…that just goes to show how bad the weather is. I slowed down as I stepped onto the bridge. I don’t how I’m going to save this guy, I’m going to have to wing it. I was finally about ten feet away from this guy, I’m glad his not to the point of jumping yet…I think I’ve made it in time for once. (Knock on wood) I’m just afraid of scaring this guy till the point where he’d fall, blaming yet another death on me. I cautiously walked closer so I was a good three feet away from him now. Since it was raining so hard he could heard my bare feet hit the pavement.

“Hey there.”- I said through my chattering teeth quietly enough so I would scare him too much. I saw his arm muscles tense as he gripped on o the pole for more support as he turn his head around. His heavy eyes grew wide at the sight of me. His face looked oddly familiar…although his cheeks were sunk in and I could clearly see the dark stress circle under his eyes he was still very attractive. As soon as our eyes met I felt a strong connection to this guy.

NICK’S POV
I felt my eyes grow wide an my muscle tense around the pole as I turned my head around to put a face to the beautiful voice that just spoke. I saw this gorgeous girl in sopping wet clothes and bare feet. She looked at me and I felt this strong bond between her and I. This is the first thing I’ve felt besides heartbreak in months. Still being bitter, stressed, and grumpy I could only spit out something stupid.
“What?”- I spat.
“You want to get down from there?”- She asked shyly, why does she care?
“No, maybe I’m up here for a reason.”- I said sarcastically. Why am I being so mean?
“Well I think you should come here so we can talk.”- She said as she started to get pissed with my rudeness.
“Why should I, no one cares if I live or die! Personally I’m thinking this is my best option…my life sucks!”- I coldly as I started to choke up again.
“Are you sure no one cares? Oh and I’m sure your life is better then mine.”- She said.
“Of course I’m sure! I have no one, after my ex-wife divorced me my family wants nothing to do with me! I lost everything, everything I worked so hard for. Everyone blames me when she cheated on me! Your live can’t be anything like mine.”- I cried, looking like a wimp.
“I’m sorry that that happened to you, but I don’t think this is the answer. If you come down I promise to make you feel better by telling you how much my life is more terrible.”- She said with sympathy as she stepped closer and reached out her hand to me.
I thought about it as I stared at her shaking hand. She must be as cold if not colder then me, maybe she cares. Why would she be here if she didn’t? I just met her and don’t know anything about her except that her life is supposedly worse then mine, which probably isn’t true, but I feel like I can trust her. Maybe it truly isn’t my time…but I have a slight feeling of still wanting to jump.

STACI’S POV
I reached out my hand to this mystery guy hoping he’d take it. Although he’s a little rude, I understand…he wants to end his life and I know that feeling, but my gut is telling me to stop him. He has to take my hand…