Sequel: Now I'm Haunted
Status: Working on it.

How to Save a Life While Messing With Fate...

Ch.4

STACI’S POV

I sat in my kitchen with thoughts of Greg running through my mind as I sipped my hot coffee trying to warming up…stupid me, I packed my warm robe away. I should know better, this isn’t Florida. I don’t get why I still feel so attached to Greg, I know he was my first love and all…but it’s been 8 years! I think with Nick wearing his clothes that will finally help me move forward.

Speaking of Nick, I’m currently waiting on him to finish in the shower so I can get his sugar level up and also so I can take a shower myself. He seems like a sweet guy, I’m looking forward to getting to know him. I just hope I can help him get better, and for some reason I feel like I’ve see Nick before. I don’t know where, but I 99% sure I’ve seen his beautiful face before. I heard the bathroom door and saw Nick walk out slowly. Greg’s clothes fit him well, since Nick is on the slim side now it figures that a teenage boys clothes fit him. Nick walked towards me with a crooked smile on his face.

“Thanks for the clothes and boxers, everything fits well.”- He said as he sat at the kitchen table.

“No problem, do you want some coffee?”- I asked as I got up.

“Sure, I’ll just take it black though.”- He said.

“Really? Ok…umm what do you want to eat, you really need sugar.”- I asked as I poured him a cup.

“Umm it doesn’t matter, I can get something myself so you can take a shower.”- He said sweetly.

“No, I’m going o take care of you. And taking care of you consists of getting food for you…now just stay seated. Do you like pancakes?”- I asked.

“Fine and yes I do.”- He pouted.

“Nick, you almost died! Please let me take care of you without you fighting with me.”- I turned towards him and placed my hands on my hips.

“Sorry, I’m just used to doing things for myself. I like don’t like being dependant on others, especially now. I’m very afraid of getting hurt again.”- He said quietly, I could tell he was burned severely in the past. How could someone do that to him, he seems like such a sweetheart.

“It’s ok; do you want chocolate chips in the pancakes? I think I have them somewhere.”- I said.

“Yes please.”- He said like a little kid as I walked across my small kitchen searching for them.

 

NICK’S POV

Staci searched the kitchen on a mission to find the chocolate chips. I know I just met her, but I feel comfortable being around her. I wonder if she knows who I really am…a washed up star with nothing left to his name. I really need to stop worrying about that so much, I will make something of myself again, I hope. I continued to watch Staci look around her kitchen trying to distract my mind and surprisingly Staci helped to ease my mind. She finally found them, smiled to herself, and begun to cook.

I think if her robe was any shorter we would have a problem. She has such a natural beauty, her makeup’s mostly off yet she still looks amazing, her hair is drying into a slight soft waves, and she has curves in all the right places too…WOAH NICK CHILL! I just got out of a horrible relationship; I need to control my feelings for her if I can. All the sudden I heard her start to hum; I knew what song it was immediately. She was humming “For once in my life” by none other then my favorite artist Stevie Wonder. I smiled as I watched her sway her hips while she flipped a pancake, my kind of girl. She continued and I decided to sing along…I haven’t sung or written anything music related since right before Miley left.

“For once in my life I won’t let sorrow hurt me not like it’s hurt me before, oh for once I have something I know won't desert me cause I’m not alone anymore..”- I sung, surprised my voice sounded almost the same. She put the last pancake on the plate and turned around with a smile across her sweet face.

“I didn’t know you could sing you have an amazing voice.”- She complimented as she set a huge plate of pancakes in front of me. If she only knew, maybe I shouldn’t tell her everything just yet; she obviously doesn’t know who I am.
“Thank you, I actually loved to sing.”- I said reaching for my fork and knife.

“Loved?”- She said placing the butter and syrup on table.

“Yeah, well I used to sing all the time. I guess you could have said it was my life, but after everything happened I lost my passion for it and I myself.”- I said opening up to her.

“Hopefully you can get back to loving it again, have you ever thought of being a professional?”- She asked as I almost choked on my pancake.

“Oh my God, are they that bad I’m sorry!”- She said handing me my coffee. I took a sip and looked into her sorrow filled eyes.

“No, it’s not the pancakes; they are delicious. It’s just that question…”- I said catching my breath.

“What about it, and thanks.”- She said.

“Umm how about we talk about everything once you shower. That’s when I find out about you anyways.”- I said still debating weather or not to tell her, she may think I’m some screwed up and washed up star.

“Ok fine, mystery man. I‘ll be out soon make yourself at home and don‘t do anything stupid.”- She said as she walked to her bathroom. How can this girls live be worse then mine?

I quickly finished the pancakes, and washed my plate. Surprisingly I felt better and not as weak as I had been for awhile. I still felt cold, I hope I’m not getting sick; I walked into her living room and looked around. She must love pictures; I looked around and saw a ton of beautiful picture collages of her and what was probably her family and friends. She looked so happy and so young. I realized that every picture was from years ago. I wonder why they are old, she looked so happy to be there with her family, maybe because she moved…those pictures are definitely not in Chicago…but for some reason I feel like something else happened. I tried to forget it as I sat on her couch and took a blanket…she said make myself at home right?