Status: Active-ish

It Can't Be... Can It?

I'm Engaged

The rest of the holidays passes in a blur for Aura. She was hurt by what Draco had done, even though he continued to try to make up for it. She dreaded going back to school with the ring on her finger, and she dreaded going back to her dorm knowing the only thing keeping Draco away was the door to her room.

It was two days before they were to return to school when Narcissa knocked on Aura’s bedroom door.

“Aura, Darling, Lucius would like to send you and Draco to pick out your ring.”

Aura shuddered but got off the bed. Draco was standing outside the door with his mother.

“Now, Aura, price is no matter. Get whatever you would like to have. Draco will take care of it.”

Aura nodded and she and Draco used the fireplace in her room to be flooed into Diagon Alley. Draco tried to take her hand, but she refused him. She slowly followed Draco into a jewelry store. She had to fight a smile. She always had loved jewelry. She browsed the store fro close to an hour before finally deciding on the perfect ring. It was perfect, simple, yet beautiful. Most of all, it didn’t look like an engagement ring. She smiled.

Image

Aura stared at the huge train in front of her. She’d never taken the time to view it’s beauty. This would be the last time she stepped on that train to go to school as Aura Zarano. By the beginning of the school year she would be Mrs. Aura Malfoy. She shuddered as she stepped on the train. She didn’t want to sit with Draco so she looked around for the only other people she knew and spotted a flash of red hair enter a compartment. She chased after it and caught the door just before it closed.

“Fred! George!”

“Aura?”

She smiled as she walked into the compartment and sat down beside George. Her
ring rested conveniently in her pocket. She refused to wear it until she had to. George looked away from her.

“George. George look at me,” she whispered.

He looked at her and the wealth of sadness in her eyes held him captive.

“George, I’m sorry for everything that happened. I overreacted and I’m sorry. I never
meant for things to go that way.”

George nodded, “I was falling in love with you, Aura. And everyday since then I find myself still loving you. I love you more every time I see you walking the halls with that sad look in your eyes.”

Aura’s heart shattered, “George don’t say that. Please don’t say that.”

If he kept talking that way, she might just burst into tears right here. George didn’t approach the topic again, but the three of them spent the train ride and dinner talking like nothing had changed. George walked Aura to her dorm that night. Right as she was about to go inside, he grabbed her by the arm and spun her to face him. His lips collided with hers with a fierce hunger. She responded with the same hunger. When she opened her eyes, they were in her dorm. She couldn’t remember how they had gotten here. She was quickly stripped of her shirt and skirt and pushed onto the bed. She removed George’s shirt and pants as well. Her bra hit the floor next and she moaned at the skin to skin contact…

Image

Aura woke up the next morning, fully sated, in George’s arms. She sat up and stretched. The sheet fell away from her naked body. George’s eyes raked over her. She blushed. He sat up and kissed her in a way that suggested he wanted a replay of last night. She suddenly began feeling guilty. She could never have anything more with George now. Draco had made that impossible. It was fair to use George like this, even though she hadn’t meant for it to happen. She pushed George away.

“What’s wrong, Aura?”

“There’s something you need to know, George.”

She got out of bed and dug through her skirt pockets. When she found the ring, she joined George on the bed. She handed it to him.

“What happened last night, it shouldn’t have happened. I don’t really regret it, but you need to know why it can’t happen again. That ring… that’s an engagement ring. Please don’t be mad.”

“You’re engaged? To who?” George whispered.

“Draco.”

George’s mouth dropped open and hurt over shadowed his features.

“No, no. Don’t look at me like that,” tear swelled in her eyes, “It’s not what you think. His parents… they’re arranging a marriage between us. I didn’t get a say. I don’t want to marry him. I thought you should know.”

George didn’t reply. He picked up her hand and slid the ring onto her finger. He simply stared at it.

“George? George, say something,” she begged, but he remained quiet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay.... please don't shoot me. I don't know if this is a likable chapter or not. I actually love it. Sorry it's so short. Click on the link in the story to see her ring. Thanks to everyone who has commented! Comments=love