Status: Active-ish

It Can't Be... Can It?

Please Tell Me You Didn't

Aura lifted her hand and placed it on George’s cheek. He jumped as if he’d been shocked. He stared at her for a moment before quietly saying her name.

“George, please don’t hate me. I should have told you last night, but I was just so mad at Draco and I wanted to be with you so badly…”

George pressed his lips against hers, “I don’t care if you’re engaged to him. I just want to be with you.”

Aura smiled and got out of bed. She walked into the bathroom and shut the door. She desperately needed a shower. After her shower she wrapped a towel around herself and exited the bathroom to find George gone. A note was laying on her bed.

Aura,
I went down to breakfast. Act like nothing happened and sit with Draco. No one can no about us now that you’re engaged.


Aura smiled and sifted through her clothes. She opted out of her normal mini skirt and decided on jeans and a zebra striped tank top. She quickly did her make up and accessories to match. She opened the door to her room and found Draco standing outside of it.

“What do you want?” she asked, venom lacing her words.

“Look, Aura, I know you’re still mad at me, but I have something for you. I got it for you as a Christmas present, but seeing as you were mad at me, I didn’t give it to you. I want you to have it now though,” he said and handed her a small box.

She opened the box and saw a necklace. The pendent was a snake wrapped around a clear crystal.

“It’s beautiful,” she gasped.

“I thought you’d like it. Ummm… listen,” Draco glanced down to her hand, “You don’t have to wear that ring if you don’t want to. I thought maybe if you didn’t wear it, maybe you would still give me a chance and maybe I can convince you that it won’t be so bad married to me and…” he continued to ramble.

Aura threw herself into his arms, “Thank you, Draco! Thank you for the necklace and not making me wear the ring.”

Draco looked down into her blue eyes. She smiled hesitantly at him and he leaned down and brushed his lips against hers. The shock of his lips on hers made her forget about George. She sighed and kissed him back. Will I always melt for him like this? she wondered. Draco broke the kiss and actually smiled at her. They walked down to breakfast together, and Draco tried to hold her hand. She wouldn’t let him. When Draco had broken the kiss, she had remembered what had happened with George. She now felt very guilty for kissing Draco. She stared blankly at the food in front of her; Draco’s gift felt heavy around her neck.

Image

Dumbledore stood and cleared his throat, and the entire Great Hall turned to listen.

“As an apology for our lack of festivities for the holidays this year, we will be holding a masquerade ball. The goal of the ball is to help the houses mingle. You must wear a mask and keep the mask on at all times. You must also wear something that give a subtle hint at what house you are from. The ball will be held this Friday. Also classes will not begin until next Monday. Enjoy your extra week of vacation.”

Aura turned and faced Aimee with a squeal. They both loved dances and had been extremely disappointed that neither a Halloween or Christmas dance had been held. They always dressed each other, and this ball would be no different. Neither girl would know what she was wearing until roughly an hour before the ball.

Aimee and Aura talked about the ball all the way to class while Draco slowly trudged behind. Fred seemingly appeared out of nowhere and grabbed Aura’s arm.

“I need to talk to you,” he said.

Aura nodded and told Aimee and Draco she would be along in a minute, “What’s this about?”

“George told me you were engaged to Malfoy,” he said point-blank.

“Well,” Aura muttered and shifted uncomfortably, “His parents arranged it.”

Fred nodded, “George didn’t say anything else, but I noticed he didn’t come to the common room or our dorm last night.”

Aura’s face burned bright red.

“Aura, you didn’t. Please tell me you didn’t”

She didn’t reply. She only looked down at her zebra striped converse clad feet.

“You slept with him didn’t you?” Fred asked, “Knowing you were engaged to Malfoy, even if it was arranged, you slept with my brother.”

She nodded sheepishly.

“Aura, he thinks he has a chance at getting you back. He thinks he can persuade you not to marry Malfoy.”

“He can’t,” Aura said, “It’s not my decision.”

“I know that, but he’s delusional. Please don’t tear him apart, Aura.”

“I don’t want to be with Draco, Fred. I just don’t know how to stop it. I’ll talk to George. I shouldn’t have slept with him, but I was just so mad at Draco, and I really do feel something for George. I just can’t be with him.”

Fred nodded and hugged Aura, “Hey, I’m sorry about slipping you that love potion a while back. That was stupid.”

Aura laughed and walked to the common room. She didn’t know what she was going to say to George, but she was already planning Aimee’s outfit for the ball.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aura‘s outfit and the neckalce.

Alright. Comments=love
I don't really know what I want to do with what happened with George. I wanted her to get back with him to make Draco mad, but I think I kept them apart too long already. Suggestions are very very very very very very welcome. Thanks to EvilMonique for never failing to comment. And thanks to everyone who comments.