Status: Active-ish

It Can't Be... Can It?

Apologies and Explanations

Draco opened his eyes and looked adoringly at the girl whose head was lying on his chest. He smiled and brushed a strand of hair from her cheek. Her eyes fluttered open.

“Good morning, baby,” Draco said.

Aura yawned and smiled up at him in response.

“How did you sleep?”

“Amazingly,” she replied and sat up in the bed.

The sheet fell from her body, revealing her breasts, but Draco’s eyes stayed firmly glued to Aura’s face. The heart around her neck glowed.

“I’m gonna take a shower,” Aura said and climbed out of bed.

Draco allowed himself to watch her swing her hips as she walked to the bathroom before getting up and heading to his own room for a shower and to get dressed. They would be heading back to Hogwarts today.

Aura stepped onto the train with Draco’s hand firmly clasped in hers. She entered their usual compartment and found Aimee sitting in Blaise’s lap with his lips attached to her neck. Aura cleared throat and the two jumped apart. Aimee looked up at Aura and instantly enveloped her in a hug.

“I heard what happened with George’s girlfriend at Flourish and Blotts! Are you alright?! Tell me everything!”

Aura smiled and pulled Aimee down onto the bench with her. Draco dropped down beside Aura and pulled her into his arms. She smiled and proceeded to tell Aimee the story.

Aimee jumped from her seat and looked at Draco, “She kissed you?!”

Draco nodded.

“And you didn’t react?”

Draco shook his head. Aimee smacked him.

“What the bloody hell?” Draco snarled and jumped to his feet.

“You should have pushed her away or something, I mean for Merlin’s sake!”

Draco’s eyes widened and he dropped into his seat, “You’re right.”

Aura hit his arm, “Shut up.”

As Aura started to tell Aimee about the rest of her vacation, the compartment door slid open and Raine stepped inside with George behind her.

Aimee, Aura, and Draco all jumped to their feet.

“What do you want?” Draco sneered.

“Relax,” George said, “We just have something we want to say.”

Aura visibly relaxed and wrapped her arms around Draco’s waist to calm him, “Okay.”

“I just want to apologize for the way I acted. I was jealous and I shouldn’t have been. Aura, I realize that what you and George had was in the past and I’m sorry. Draco,” she looked up at Draco, “I’m sorry for kissing you. You must truly love Aura. You’re different than you were. Sorry.”

Raine turned and left the compartment. George looked at Draco, “May I speak to Aura alone?”

Draco nodded and let Aura leave the compartment with George.

“Aura, I realized that Raine was right. I was still very much in love with you, but I have to let go. You’re with Draco, and you guys are perfect for each other. I don’t want to ruin that.”

“Do you still want to be friends?” Aura asked.

“I think it’s best if we don’t right now. I’ve got to let go. I see no reason for us to ignore each other, but I don’t think we can be as close as we were before. You know I’ll always be here for you if you need me though,” He pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her fiery red hair.

“Bye, George,” Aura said and walked back into the compartment.

Image

Aura and Draco took their seats at dinner that night. Aura had been hurt by what George had said, but she knew he was right. She looked across the room to the Gryffindor table and spotted the Golden Trio. She waved enthusiastically at Hermione and mouthed that she needed to talk to her later. Hermione nodded and returned back to her dinner.

Later that night Aura kissed Draco’s cheek and told him she was going to meet Hermione. He rolled his eyes but didn’t complain. She told him to go ahead and set up his stuff in her room. There was no reason to use both of the rooms in the prefect dorm anymore.

Image

Hermione looked up from the library table when Aura walked into the room.

“So what did you need to talk to me about?”

Aura told her about the confrontation with her mom and about Raine and about Draco ignoring her and the necklace and the night after he gave her the necklace. Then… then she explained that she was upset about not being able to have the people she wanted at the wedding and she didn’t know what to do. Hermione was at a loss for words for the first time. She didn’t know how to help Aura and she told her as much. Aura thanked her for listening and glanced at the clock. It was almost midnight. She headed back to her bedroom to find Draco sleeping in her bed. She stripped down to her undergarments and climbed into bed with him.

“Good night my love,” she whispered and dozed off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! another chapter.
And my beautiful tan that I obtained from the cruise is peeling... grrrr
Comments=love