‹ Prequel: Death's a Joke.

Ha Ha You're Dead.

Nice shot.

The Joker surveyed his son wrapping his knuckles in bandages, the blood dribbled down to his fingernails and dripped off like a leaky tap. His scars pricked up into a smirk as JAQK winched.

“So…fought batboy then? Won I bet…” the Joker taunted with laughter as JAQK began to place ice on his swollen lip.

JAQK replied with a glare, taking the Joker back. A look of anger that seethed through his eyes, they were identical to Ace’s eyes. He found himself biting his tongue to stop a gasp escaping.

“Nice scaram, daddy dearest,” Hissed JAQK, “But one day, I’ll have the last laugh,”

The Joker shot up out of the moth eaten armchair, dust springing up into the air, visible in the stream of sunlight that flickered through a golden blaze. JAQK instantly stepped to his feet from the stained wooden table edge he was perched against, bringing him directly in front of the Joker. Their faces were now just a millimetre or so apart.

The room had fallen deathly silent, even a cockroach scurrying along the inch think dusted floorboards halted still. They both turned away, one of their hands clinging to their face. As both removed their own hand red liquid oozed across it. They made eye contact, both smirking. In each hand was a knife, they had cut each other at the exact same time.

“Like father, like son…” JAQK whispered, a large set grin plastering his face, making the cut stretch open more.

“Well at least I know how I got that scar, speaking of which, did I ever tell you how I got these scars?” the Joker questioned, his hand dramatically waving around his face.

“Yeah, multiple times,” Replied JAQK in a monotone voice, his face was set like stone, the poster perfect expression of boredom.

The Joker’s smile dropped out of disappoint until a goon walked in. A single click echoed around the room before the goon’s head it the ground, the wall behind decorated in the splattered remains of his brain and the back of his skull.

JAQK-Herz and the Joker stood staring at the dead body for a few seconds, their bodies stood limply, not even a single cough or twitch of the arm. If it was possible the room seemed even more silent that before, even the cockroach would have been holding it’s breath by now.

“…Nice shot,” JAQK stated, turning to look at his head to look at his father, double taking when he realised that were his father once stood was nothing but an empty space. JAQK stood blinking at the space a few times, as if the Joker would suddenly appear until he ran out of the door the goon went through to search for the Joker.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Ember F and all my readers.

This chapter is for Ste who is an amazing guy, a close friend and one of the main reasons I decided to carry on writing this. x