Sequel: Better Than Revenge

Smile

.vingt-deux.

22.
“Jonathan’s a good man.” Martin said as he and Arabella were at the airport again. He was dropping her off to go back to Chicago. Jonathan and the boys left the day they arrived. The guys loved Martin for his gaming system, jealous they wanted to go back to Chicago and do that at their house. Of course the only guy that couldn't do it would be Sharpie, Abby would kill him if he spend that much money.

“I know.” Arabella said proud that Martin approved of Jonathan. Martin would never directly tell her that he approved but he would drop hints. Plus Arabella knew when Martin approved of a boyfriend or disapproved. If he didn’t like the boy Martin would let everyone know. The two said their goodbyes and Martin watched Arabella’s plane until he couldn’t see it anymore.

Arabella was excited to go back to Chicago to see Jonathan. After they told each other that they love one another things seemed perfect. Everything was going smoothly in their relationship. And when the Hawks won the Stanley Cup the two would be able to spend their summer together.

Jonathan couldn’t wait for tomorrow to come around. It would the first playoff game of the season and Arabella would be coming back. Even Jonathan’s parents and best friend were coming out for the game. He was just so excited that nothing could really bring him down. Looking down at his phone he saw his bestfriend’s name flash on his blackberry.

“Hey Jenn.” Jonathan said picking up his blackberry. He was watching Cold Case one of Arabella’s favorite shows. She loved how the show would take a step back in the past which made the show that much more cooler.

“Hi Jon!” Jenn said all giddy into the phone. Jenn and Jonathan have been friends since high school. Both of them were captains of their high school team before Jonathan left to Shattuck-Saint Marry’s. Whenever Jonathan would come home from Chicago both of them would train together. Jenn had finished college a year ago so she was currently working in Winnipeg.

“You’re coming to the game tomorrow right?” He asked his best friend. She promised him when they were in high school that she was always going to go to his important games. And this was a very important game to him, it was playoff game.

“Of course I am why?” Jenn asked hoping she would hear what she wanted to hear. See Jenn has had a crush on Jonathan since she first met him all the way back in high school. While he dated girls Jenn waited on the side hoping that one day he was going to realize that those girls weren’t his type. The kind of girls that love to shop, wore heels, and love designer names. Jenn believed that Jonathan belonged with a girl like her.

“Because I want you to met my girlfriend. She’s just, amazing. You’ll totally love her.” Jonathan said gushing about his girlfriend. He couldn’t wait to see those two get along and become friends. As crazy as it sounded Jonathan could imagine himself marrying Arabella. He of course never admitted it to anyone but he kept the secret to himself.

“Oh, can’t wait. I have to go Jon. Bye.” Jenn said dejected that her best friend had found someone. So the rumors are true, Jonathan found himself a girlfriend but no one in Winnipeg knew who the girl was. She quickly got on her laptop to google all of this, she typed in Jonathan Toews girlfriend blog.

The first picture to show up was of a skinny blonde girl. Apparently the girl and Jonathan went to Vancouver together for the final game. Pictures of them showed up walking around Vancouver it even showed them kissing. In one of the pictures Jenn knew that Jonathan fell for the same type of girl. There was his girlfriend wearing heels and a coat in the snow. Who does that?

Arabella was sitting in the airport waiting for her delayed flight to board. She couldn’t believe that she was going to miss Jonathan’s first playoff game. She was beyond pissed at everything. Arabella called Jonathan in advanced when she first found out that her flight was delayed. She got his voicemail the first time and all of the million times after that.

“Flight 251 leaving for Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A is boarding now.” The over head speaker said. Arabella got up from her seat and stood in the line. From the faces on everyone as they stood in line they were all pissed off. Even though the flight was only 20 minutes delayed, it was an entire 3rd period that Arabella would miss.

Tonight was going to be the start of the playoff’s. Jonathan tried to play this down as another game but from now on every game counted. So the guys had to play like every game was their last game. For the first two games the Hawks got to play at home which was always a plus having home ice advantage. Looking at his phone Jonathan saw that Arabella was going to miss the entire game. He didn’t know what to say to her so he just didn’t call her back.

The Hawks ended up losing to the Predators shocking everyone and anyone. The only goal that the Hawks scored was none other than Patrick Kane. The Predators scored 4 times throughout the entire game. To say that Jonathan was off his game was accurate but the whole team was off as well.

“It was a good game.” Jenn said as she hugged Jonathan. Everyone knew that after a lost Jonathan was more agitated than usual. He was always snipper to the media, silent to his family, and mad at himself. Jonathan just nodded his head, fixing his tie.

“Where’s Arabella?” Mrs. Toews asked her son looking around the locker room for the blonde girl. After meeting her at the olympics Mrs. Toews couldn’t help but count down the days until she would met her again. Arabella was like the daughter she never got to have. She had two boys and Jenn was never much of a girly-girl so it was a nice change for her.

“We have to pick her up from the airport. Her flight was delayed.” Jonathan said grabbing his duffle bag. Right off the bat Jenn didn’t like this girl, what kind of girlfriend misses a game like this. Everyone just got into Jonathan’s SUV and headed off to O’Hare airport to pick up Arabella. The ride was totally silent.

Arabella had somehow gotten the stream to work inside the plane so everyone in first class could hear her screaming at her laptop. Arabella didn’t care that she wasn’t supposed to use internet or whatever, this was her boyfriend playing and was planning to watch the entire game. Some people gave Arabella the eye telling her to shut up while other simply laughed at her enthusiasm.

Jonathan and his family were standing around waiting for people to get off of the airplane. Just before they arrived to the airport Jonathan asked it was going to be okay if they pick her up in one of the side entrances. He didn’t want any commotion and he just wanted to get home.

“You should have done this on this play....” Jenn started off saying to Jonathan but he just completely tuned her out. He wasn’t in the mood to hear any hockey talk right now. All he wanted to hear was his girlfriend telling him how good of a game he played even though they had lost. Arabella just seemed to turn the world around whenever she smiled which was always.

Looking at Jonathan Jenn saw him start to smile off in the distance. It wasn’t a big smile but it was starting to form on his lips. Jenn immediately thought he was smiling at her talking until she saw the blonde girl approach him. She was wearing a dark green dress, ankle boots, tights and a [http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/97785]coat[/url] draped in her arms. She was probably wearing heels bigger than most guy’s.

Jonathan engulfed her little body into a hug and when the two pulled away they just smiled like a bunch of idiots. It made Jenn sick to her stomach to see the guy she was in love with for so long looked at a girl like this. The look was definitely different from any other girl that he’s ever looked at before. Jonathan was actually smiling as he looked down at his girlfriend who was smiling the biggest out of the both of them.

“Oh, Arabella it’s so nice to see you.” Mrs. Toews said pushing Jonathan away so she could hug his girlfriend. Mrs. Toews was always the one out of the family that spoke her mind on things. Her husband and sons were more on the quiet side when it came to talking.

“It’s nice to see you too Andree, Bryan and David.” Arabella replied smiling at Jonathan’s dad and brother. Arabella then noticed the brunette girl standing next to Jonathan. She looked like your average girl next door, plain jane type of girl.

“Babe, this is one of my best friends Jenn. Jenn this is Arabella.” Jonathan said introducing his girlfriend and best friend. The two girls just smiled at each other Jenn’s smile more fake than an orange tan but Arabella didn’t let it get to her. Everyone made their way back to the car. Jonathan had his arm around Arabella and his other hand was holding his bag.

Andree had insisted on Arabella sitting in the passenger seat instead of the back like she wanted to. It was just the right thing to do for your boyfriend’s mother. In the car the conversation flowed and everyone was having a good time expect Jenn. She just slumped in the back not communicating with anyone. Jonathan just figured she was taking the lost pretty hard just like he should be taking it.

In Jonathan’s apartment Jenn noticed things were different, it wasn’t so much of a bachelor pad as before. Well it still had the touches from before but now it seemed more homey. You could tell that not just a guy lived here anymore but a guy and his girlfriend. Pictures of the Hawks, Canada and Olympics were hung on the walls but these pictures weren’t your average colored pictures it was all black and white. Turns out that Arabella was a photography student at Columbia.

“You’re nothing but a puckbunny and Jonathan doesn’t need a puckbunny like you. He needs someone like me.” Jenn told Arabella as she was getting something from the refrigerator. Arabella stood up glaring at her.

“Funny, he may need you but he doesn’t want you. Listen here Jenn don’t mess with me.” Arabella said pushing past Jenn, she knew that for the rest of the playoffs Jenn was going to be stirring some trouble. Arabella knew she could handle the storm that was coming her way but she wasn’t sure if Jonathan would be able to do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
[b7 comments?! Thank you so much to the seven wonderful people who commented:
Melissa1590
bublibabie
megan.kj.macdonald
hockey_princess23
miss1019
lemonxsays
aliNTXmusic
I smell drama coming up in the next chapters! Comments/Suggestions/Ideas are always welcomed(: & thank you for those who said the links are useful it makes me feel like my hard work of finding links isn't going to waste:D
& please check out my new Sidney Crosby Story; Long Live