Sequel: Better Than Revenge

Smile

.six.

6. Tuesday (Feb 2)
Today was the day that the team finally arrived in Chicago after a two week road trip. Of course all the guys with girlfriends, fiancées or wives went straight home excited to see them after such a long time. I was happy to finally be home well at least in Chicago but I wished that I came home to someone. I wanted someone to be excited and jump into my arms when I came home.

“Let’s go.” Kaner said walking into my apartment not after 30 minutes of me unpacking my duffle bag.

“Go where? And how did you get in?” I asked confused wondering how Kaner even got in here.

“I copied your key without you knowing but never mind that. We are going to go and find your mystery girl.” He said blowing off the fact that he copied my key.

“For some reason I don’t feel safe that you have my key but I was going to go every library around Columbia tomorrow. Yet now sounds good.” I said grabbing a jacket, wallet, and beanie following Kaner out of my apartment.

We took Kaner’s car so I could run in and out easier. Parking the car would take to long so he was just going to drop me off in and I’ll run into the library to ask if a girl named Arabella worked there. During the road trip I had called Columbia to see if they could give me the last name of Arabella but they said it was student confidential.

“Okay we have 7 libraries to go to, so let’s make this quick.” Kaner said as we pulled up to our first library. Chicago Public Library. I ran up the stairs to help desk.

“Hello. Umm, I have a friend named Arabella and I was wondering if she worked here?” I asked the lady who peered through her glasses.

“Sorry, sir we don’t have an Arabella working here.” She said looking down at her book.

“Thank you.” I said running back out of the first library and into Kaner’s car.

“Nope she doesn’t work here.” I told him and we drove to the next library.

This took us hours until we only had one library left to go and check. It was the Newberry Library. This library isn’t a circulating one but still a very popular one around the people. Personally I buy my books instead of borrowing them since I never had time to return the books.

“I’m going to be so pissed if she works here.” Kaner said all irritated that we wasted our time looking at the other libraries.

“Well if she doesn’t work here then I think she was lying.” I said getting out of the car and walked up the stairs.

I walked into the library and it was very quiet. Even though it was a library the other ones you could hear people rushing around or mothers telling their kids to shush. Yet this library had more of a calmer feeling. It was nice.

“Excuse me, I was wondering if you knew if a girl named Arabella worked here.” I asked a girl, she looked about the same age as Arabella and I.

“You’re Jonathan Toews!” She shouted causing some people to look but they just returned to what they were doing.

“Yes, but does Arabella work here?” I asked whispering.

“Chelsea, who’s asking if Arabella works here?” A voice asked walking over to show an older lady with a name tag Estelle.

“Jonathan Toews.” This Chelsea girl gushed at Estelle.

“Why do you want to know if Arabella works here or not?” Estelle asked raising her eyebrow.

“Umm, I’m supposed to look for her before we can hang out.” I said nervously scratching my neck.

“Mhm, well she does work here. But she works here Monday, Thursday, and Saturday’s. The hours she works are 1-5 on those days.” Estelle said looking at the calendar.

“Thank you so much.” I said smiling and running out of the door and down the stairs to where Kaner was waiting.

“Finally.” He said as I got in the car smiling.

“So she works here on Thursday from 1-5. So I think I’m going to come here on Thursday.” I said wishing that Thursday was tomorrow instead of two days away.

------------------------------------------

“Hello?” I asked picking up my phone. It was Tuesday and today was the day that the Chicago Blackahawks came back. \

“Ara, I really need you to cover for me tomorrow at the library. And then I’ll cover you on Thursday.” Dean said stressing out.

“Yea, I’ll cover for you. Paper due Thursday and going to the game?” I asked Dean painting my finger nails a deep purple almost black.

“Of course, I have all day to finish and then game time.” He said excitedly.

“Okay, so see you tomorrow. And you better actually cover me.” I said laughing at the memories of last time. I covered for him but he forgot to cover for me and was Alice pissed off.

“I think Alice would kill me if I didn’t cover you. Bye.” He said laughing before hanging up.

I guess I was going to work tomorrow instead of Thursday. At least I would be finished in time to watch the Blackhawks. School was a drag like always but I had a major project due on Friday so having Thursday off was just perfect for me. Thursday I was just going to catch up on my work and take pictures.

“Can you please try this one for me?” Sam asked holding up the cutest dress that he’s ever made.

“This is so cute.” I exclaimed getting up from the couch and running over to him.

“Wait I’ll put this on since your nails are still wet.” Sam said instructing me to hold up my arms as he pulled my shirt off and slipped the dress on.

“Oh my, it’s beautiful!” I said spinning around in the dress. It was white with layers of lace.

“Girl, you look stunning! Lover Boy will be all over you.” He said clapping his hands excitingly.

“Sure.” I said rolling my eyes at him.

“You’re such a downer. So you’re working tomorrow?” Sam asked as he started to take certain places in and what not.

“Yep, covering for Dean.” I said jumping when he accidentally poked me with his needle.

“Sorry. Imagine what if Lover Boy was going to come find you on Thursday but your going to work tomorrow.” Sam said laughing at my reaction.

“Well then he’ll just have to find another way to find me then.” I said quietly to myself. I had a feeling that if Jonathan didn’t find me anytime soon then he’ll give up or maybe he never even started.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey thanks for the comments:)
I promise you that Arabella and Jon will met really soon!
And sorry that this is so late, world cup has been really distracting.