Status: Updates will happen, I promise. I can't tell you how often they will be though.

Find Me With the Love You Laid out for Me

Chapter I

Gerard’s POV

I walked up to the door, lazily stuffing the key in the lock and turning it along with the doorknob and pushed it open. I entered and shut it behind me while tossing my jacket on the rack and looked around the dark apartment.
“Mikes?” I paused, listening but couldn’t hear him at all. I headed into the livingroom just in time to hear the door opening. I flipped on the light, even though I didn’t need it and watched as he walked in.
“Hey,” he stated unzipping his jacket.
“You’re normally here before me.” he looked over at me as he shut the door.
“Yeah well I decided to hang out with some friends for a while.” he replied and walked past me heading towards his room. To be honest it had been like this since Frank’s disappearance. He still held a grudge against me for lying to him, I told him it wasn’t lying just withholding the truth. He said that it was the same thing and I didn’t have the heart to argue with him. I think the largest part of his cold shoulder towards me was because of Frank. They had been best friends and I had ripped that from him, which is something I could never forgive myself for. Because not only had I destroyed that friendship or mine and Frank’s relationship, but I had destroyed what connections I did have with my brother. I moved out after graduating, coming to New York for College. But I had graduated two years ago and was now working for Cartoon Network. It wasn’t a bad job, but it wasn’t a good job either. My boss had taken fancy to me and no matter how many times I tried to be nice and tell her I wasn’t interested, it never seemed to faze her. It got to a point where I had to force myself to not hear her thoughts. A creative imagination could scar someone when it was in the wrong hands, meaning hers. Mikey had moved in with me, my guess was unwillingly after he graduated. I wouldn’t know because when he was around me he would think about the most random things, like he didn’t want me to know what the truth of his mind held. I couldn’t be upset with that, why should I? He was a grown man with school, a job and a girlfriend. Me? Well I was a pathetic excuse for an ex-boyfriend who had wasted seven years failing to find Frank. It made no sense, why he would just disappear like that. It couldn’t have been him because he was dying, not turning. I didn’t know who would have wanted him that bad other then as a snack. That thought always made me cringe, my Frankie a late night snack. I couldn’t bring myself to wipe that horrendous image from my mind.

I had spent seven long, and unproductive years in search for him. It was something to laugh upon, I know. I had searched all over the coast, talking with all of the clans that I could find. In hopes to know who could have possibly taken him, but none of them knew anything. I had a feeling that there was one person, one vampire who knew something, Jeremy. But after the ordeal with Johnny he had long fled away, which left me back at square one.
“You know that’s really weird.” I looked up at Mikey who was walking into the kitchen.
“What is?”
“How you just go off into space like that. The only way it could get any weirder is if you had a voice over speaking your thoughts. Not like I’d care though.” he stated grabbing a water bottle and headed back to his room. I fell back onto the couch and stared up at the ceiling. I knew he was either dead, or alive, well not really alive in a technical sense. But if he was, wouldn’t he have come back? Wouldn’t he have cared about his tags with Mikey at least? I sat up with my elbows on my knee’s and my head hung in defeat. Seven years was a long time, if he was around it just meant he didn’t care and that wasn’t Frankie. I just had to face the facts that he was dead, and that I would never see him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's finally here!

I know it's short, and unimpressive, but essential. I mean it wouldn't make any sense if I randomly just threw the bit with Mikey in there in other chapters. Well maybe it would, but oh well.

Sorry if there are spelling errors, the computer won't let me bring up spellcheck. It's acting up again. Grr.

If I get 5 comments then I'll post up chapter two before I go to bed. How does that sound?