Status: This Story is Complete

I Fell For You

Everything I Wanted

Scotty and Raine, excited about Shaun and I way more than they probably should have, decided that we should all go get something to eat since we disrupted Scotty’s lunch and the rest of us hadn’t eaten anything.
We went back to the restaurant that Scotty had been at and got a new table. The entire day was pure bliss. I never new that I could be that happy.
“You really have to go back tomorrow?” Shaun asked, holding my hands in his. We were standing outside near his house. Raine and Scotty had gone back to Scotty’s cabin. I nodded my head as I looked up into his eyes.
“Raine bought a round-trip ticket. I have to go back.” I said. He pushed his lower lip out to show that he was pouting. I laughed.
“Don’t do that, it’ll make me feel bad.” I said. He raised one eyebrow and hugged me.
“Good.” He said. He wrapped his arms tight around me as I rested my head against his chest. I closed my eyes as we gently swayed from one side to another.
“God I’ve missed you so much.” Shaun whispered softly. I felt my lips start to curve upward before I realized I was smiling.
“I missed you more.” I said softly. I felt him chuckle.
“Not as much as I missed you.” He said, even softer. I looked up at him, resting my chin on his chest as I stared into his eyes.
“Do you remember the last time we saw each other?” I asked. He let his smile drop a bit.
“Yesterday?” He asked. I laughed, thinking his confusion was rather cute.
“No, no. I mean when we were eleven.” I said. His smile dropped even more and his eyes looked away as he thought of that day.
“Of course I remember. Why would you ask that?” He asked, looking back at me. I shrugged my shoulders and smirked.
“Do you remember what we did the night before I left?” I asked. His smile returned.
“I remember waking up to the sound of rocks being thrown at my window.” He said. I laughed, letting my head fall back a bit.
“I forgot about that! I didn’t want to wake anyone else up so I knew I couldn’t just yell out your name. That’s why I threw rocks.” I said, thinking back on that day.
“And then I climbed the tree that was right outside my window down to see why the hell you woke me up at two in the morning.” He said. I nodded my head.
“You were in nothing but boxers.” I said, smiling. Shaun started to blush a bit as he wrapped his arms a bit tighter around my waist.
“And you told me to get dressed because we were running away.” He said. I smiled and nodded my head. Shaun pressed his forehead up against mine and closed his eyes.
“Too bad we didn’t actually try to run away.” He whispered.
“We got as far as the abandoned super market and threw rocks in the ditch until we decided to go home.” I said, closing my eyes.
“Do you think our lives would have been different if you’re parents were never in that accident?” He asked. I pulled my head away and looked at him.
“It would have been completely different. I never would have left and we still would have been friends.” I said. He shook his head.
“No I mean do you think we would have been together if you had never left?” He asked. I shrugged my shoulders.
“Guess we’ll never find out.” I said. He smiled and kissed the top of my head.
“We’re together now and that’s all that matters.” He said. I smiled.
“Exactly. Now I better go to bed soon. Raine wasn’t all that smart when she bought the round trip ticket and got us a flight that leaves tomorrow at four thirty in the morning. Which means we have to be there at three thirty.” I said rolling my eyes.
“Ooh yeah, have fun with that!” Shaun said, letting go of me and turning to walk away. I grabbed his hand and pulled him back to face me.
“I didn’t say you had to go.” I said. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to follow him.
“Come on.” He said.
“Where are we going?” I asked as I followed him.
“To bed.” He said as we walked inside his house. He shut the door and pulled me up the stairs and to another room, his bedroom.
“I can sleep in another room, you know.” I said. Shaun shook his head.
“I want to go to bed with you tonight.” He said as he started to take off his coat and shirt.
“Whoa there Casa Blanca. Slow down.” I said waving my hands at him. He smirked.
“What? I’m just getting into my pajamas.” He said, opening his dresser and pulling out an old Jimmi Hendrix shirt and throwing it on. He grabbed some flannel pajama pants and stood behind the dresser as he took his pants off and put the pj bottoms on.
“And what am I to wear?” I asked. He opened up his dresser and threw me a t-shirt and some pj pants.
“Wear that.” He said. I unfolded the clothes and saw that it was a Burton t-shirt with some regular black pants. I walked to the bathroom and changed into the pajamas. I walked out and noticed Shaun already in bed, fluffing his pillow.
“You’re a fluffer?” I asked, laughing and pointing at him. He scrunched his eyebrows.
“Don’t make fun of me! I like to sleep on big pillows. Not flat ones.” He said. We both looked at each other then burst out laughing. I walked over to the bed, tears almost in my eyes from laughing so hard, and crawled in underneath the covers. Shaun finished fluffing his pillow and wrapped his arm around me, puling me closer to him.
“And a cuddler too, huh?” I asked.
“Only with you.” He whispered. I felt the smile spread across my face as I closed my eyes and wrapped my hand in his.
“Are you ok?” Shaun asked. I turned my head lightly to attempt to look at him.
“I’m fine. Why do you ask?” I asked, confused. He shrugged is shoulders, his eyes still closed and his arm still wrapped around me.
“Just wanted to make sure you were comfortable.” He said softly. I turned my head just enough to kiss him on the cheek before turning back around.
“I’m perfect.” I said. I opened my eyes and looked up towards the ceiling.
“Um Shaun?” I asked.
“Yeah?” He asked sleepily. I stared at the ceiling.
“Are you going to turn off the light?” I asked. There was silence, and then movement as Shaun got out of the bed and walked across the room, turning the light off. He crawled back into bed and I turned so that we were face to face.
“Better.” I said, smiling. He kissed me lightly before closing his eyes and pulling the blankets up. I watched him for a bit, realizing this was everything I had always wanted.