Status: This Story is Complete

I Fell For You

I Fell For You Too

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.
The alarm clock rang in my ears. I lazily turned it off and rolled over. Shaun was completely crashed, laying flat on his stomach. I watched as his back slowly rose up then fell down. Up then down. Up. Down.
“Goodbye Shaun.” I whispered as I kissed his forehead lightly. I crawled out of bed and got dressed quickly. I grabbed my phone and shoes and kissed Shaun once more on the cheek before leaving. I put my shoes on once outside and called Raine.
“Hello?” She mumbled.
“Raine? Are you awake?” I asked. There was a pause.
“Raine?” I asked. Another pause.
“RAINE!” I shouted.
“WHAT? Jesus! Teena. You scared the crap out of me!” She shouted back.
“You answered the phone and…whatever. Are you ready?” I asked.
“Ready?” She asked.
“To go to the airport. To go home.” I said.
“Oh um yeah. Yeah I’m ready.” She said.
“You’re not ready are you?” I asked. Pause.
“No.” She said softly.
“Get ready and I’ll meet you at the airport.” I said, hanging up the phone and shaking my head. Typical Raine.
I stood outside of the cabin, wondering how I was going to get to the airport. I started walking, trying to find a bus stop. I got halfway down the corner of the street when I heard my name.
“Teena! What are you doing?” The voice asked. I turned and noticed the voice was coming out of a car.
“Get in the car.” He said, leaning over to open the door.
“Shaun?” I asked walking towards the car. He smiled.
“Who else? Get in the car.” He said. I got in the car and shut the door, looking at him. He leaned over and kiss me softly then started driving down the street.
“You were dead asleep when I left.” I said. He just smiled.
“I heard the door shut when you left. And I heard you yelling on the phone.” He said.
“Oh right, sorry about that.” I said. He grabbed my hand and held it in his. I looked out the window, happy to be here with him but not wanting to leave.
We got to the airport and I stood by the security line waiting for Raine to get there.
“She’s always late.” I said shaking my head.
“I’d rather her be late than early.” Shaun said looking at me.
“You’d rather me miss my plane than get home?” I asked. He looked at me as if I had asked the stupidest question in the history of Earth.
“Oh. Right.” I said smiling. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me towards him. I looked up into his eyes.
“I promise I’ll call you as soon as I land and maybe I could come down and spend a few weeks with you.” I said. He smiled brightly.
“I think I’d like that.” He said looking down at me. He leaned in for a kiss and I was about to lean back into him until I heard a loud shouting and stampede of feet.
“I’M HERE! I’M HERE! DON’T LEAVE WITHOUT ME! I’M HERE!” Raine shouted, running up to the security line.
“Jesus Raine! They’re going to throw you out if you don’t calm down.” I said grabbing her wrist and pulling her towards me.
“What? I wasn’t being loud.” She said. I rolled my eyes.
“Yeah, right. And I’m Michael Jackson reincarnated.” I said. Shaun laughed and stood between Raine and I.
“Do you two always act like this?” He asked. Raine and I both looked at him.
“Like what?” We asked at the same time.
“Like…never mind.” He said chuckling at the end of the sentence.
“Raine….what….the hell…..why…..were you running……so fast?” Scotty asked as he caught up, completely out of breath.
“Because we were late.” She said. He looked at his watch then up at the completely empty security line.
“Late? Really?” He asked, catching his breath. She looked around then looked down at her feet.
“Shut-up.” She whispered. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him, smiling.
“I love when you get all embarrassed.” He said to her.
“You like when I’m wrong and you’re right?” She asked. He shook his head.
“I like you.” He said kissing her forehead.
“Well, hate to break up the love fest but we should get going now.” I said. Raine and Scotty kissed and he hugged her.
“I’ll call you.” She said.
“You better.” He said, making her smile. He walked over and held his hand out to me.
“Teena.” He said in a serious voice.
“Scotty.” I said back, shaking his hand. He smiled and pulled me into a light hug.
“Take good care of Raine.” He said as we pulled apart. I saluted him.
“Aye, aye sir.” I said. I walked over to Shaun and fell into his arms.
“Call me as SOON as you land.” He said as he hugged me tightly.
“Aye, aye to you too sir.” I said, making both of us laugh. He looked down at me and I rested up chin on his chest as I looked up at him. He smiled and kissed me softly before saying goodbye.
He hugged Raine and Raine and I both hugged Scotty and Shaun once more before getting in the security line. We went through the line and found our terminal, sitting in the chairs as we waited for our flight to start boarding.
“I’m going to miss him.” Raine said as she went through her phone.
“Well, it’s not like you’ll never see him again.” I said. She looked at me, smiling.
“You’re right. I’ll see him again.” She looked back down at her phone.
“Especially since I’m moving to Seabrook.” She said in a quick, sweeping low voice.
“Cool so did I tell you…WHAT?” I shouted as I turned to her.
“You’re moving to Seabrook?” I asked. She smiled and nodded her head vigorously.
“Scotty and I talked about it last night. I’m going to start looking for a place down there as soon as I get back to Toronto.” Raine said. I hugged her happily.
“Oh Raine! I’m so happy for you!” I said as we pulled apart.
“What about you and Shaun? Anything special happen between the two of you last night?” She asked. I shook my head.
“No I mean we slept together, that’s all.” I said.
“WHAT THE CRAP?” Raine shouted. I looked at her, confused why she was making blood pour out of my ears, when I had realized what I really said.
“NO! I mean we went to bed in the same bed last night. Not, not THAT.” I said. We both started to burst out laughing.
“Are you going to move to Los Angeles or are you going to stay in Toronto?” Raine asked. I shrugged my shoulders as I stood up, they started boarding our plane.
“I’m not sure yet. I haven’t really thought about it. Shaun and I haven’t talked about it much either.” I said. We got on the plane and talked about Raine moving to Seabrook basically the entire way home.
When we got back to the hotel, Raine’s parents had already packed everything up. We were leaving the Olympics early, especially since we flew all the way to Colorado and used her parent’s credit cards to buy the tickets, without asking them first.
We got back to Toronto and Raine and I got to our apartment.
“Oh crap. I forgot to call Shaun.” I said, pulling my phone out. Raine smiled.
“Better call him now before he kills you.” She said, laughing. I walked out to the patio and called Shaun.
“Hello?” He answered.
“Hey. I’m back in Toronto.” I said.
“Toronto? I thought you were going back to Vancouver?” He asked.
“Well we got to Vancouver and then Raine’s parents decided to cut the trip short and go back home.” I said.
“So you didn’t call me as soon as you were in Vancouver?” He asked. I smiled.
“I um I forgot.” I said.
“Oh you forgot? How lovely is that to hear. My girlfriend FORGOT to call me.” He said. I laughed.
“You’re lucky I called you at all, fool.” I said. We both started laughing.
“Ah man I miss you already.” Shaun said taking a deep sigh at the end of the sentence.
“I miss you more!” I said.
“Nope. It’s impossible.” He said.
“Oh yeah? I miss you so much that I had a dream about you on the plane to Toronto.” I said. He chuckled.
“I missed you so much that I wanted to call you as soon as you left my arms.” He said.
“I missed you so much that I went through my phone and read all my text messages from you when I got on the plane.” I said.
“I missed you so much that I flew out to Toronto and I’m standing right outside you’re apartment right now.” He said. I was shocked, surprised. I looked around and ran out to the front of the apartment. I noticed a big head of red hair looking up at me and smiling.
I hung up and ran down the stairs hurrying to get to him. I stopped as I stood in front of him in the cold snow.
“What…what are you doing here?” I asked. He smiled.
“I told you. I missed you.” He said grabbing both my hands and holding them in his.
“I don’t want you to go again.” He said. I smiled and looked at him.
“Well, what do you want me to do?” I asked. He smiled.
“I want you to move back to LA. I want you to come with me on tournaments and games. I want you to be with me.” He said holding my hands tightly. I smiled and felt a bit of tears start to swell up in my eyes.
“Ar-are you crying?” He asked. I shook my head.
“No. Of course not.” I said, letting go of his hands and wiping my eyes lightly.
“Why are you crying? I just asked you to move to LA.” He said, chuckling. I laughed and looked up at him.
“Because it’s finally all coming together.” I said.
“What is?” He asked.
“Us! Shaun, I have dreamt of this day every day for the past twelve years and it’s finally here!” I said. He smiled and hugged me.
“I just want to be with you.” He said as he stroked my hair lightly. I looked up at him and kissed his cheek lightly.
“I love you, you know.” I said as I stared into his eyes.
“I love you too.” He said.
He leaned in and kissed me passionately. I could hear Raine whooping from the top of the stairs. I ignored her as I let him run his hands through my hair as I held onto him tightly.
We pulled apart and smiled at each other brightly. We went back up to the apartment, talking with Raine and having a really good time.
As I sat on the couch with Shaun, holding his hand, I had realized that this really was everything I had wanted. I realized that in the past twelve years that we’ve spent apart from each other, we didn’t grow apart like I thought we did, we actually grew closer. Closer than ever. And that’s what this so perfect.
“So, you coming back to LA with me?” Shaun asked as we laid in my bed together.
“I need to get my own place first.” I said. He smiled.
“Or you could just stay with me until you find your own place.” He said.
“Like a temporary move-in?” I asked. He nodded his head.
“Exactly. Besides, I think I could sacrifice sleeping in my big bed by myself for a little while.” He said. I smiled as I watched him watch me.
“Oh you think you could do that, do you?” I asked. We both started laughing and I kissed the tip of his nose.
“Oh boy, what did I let myself do this?” I asked. Shaun scrunched his eyebrows.
“Do what?” He asked.
“Fall for you.” I said. He chuckled a bit and kissed me.
“It’s ok because guess what?” He whispered as we laid face to face.
“What?” I whispered back as I closed my eyes and pressed my forehead up against his.
“I fell for you too.”