Can't Stand It

I Dare You to Move

Image

"Riley! Oh my god! Your here!" Ali screamed, holding a bottle of Jack on her left hand while a cigarette on the other hand. She managed to half-hug me while I eyed her expectantly. She's now completely high and drunk and it's just friggin 9 in the evening.

The party is held at Steve's mansion, his parents are out for a 'Fourth Honeymoon' thus explaining the party. Steve's family is loaded that's why almost all students in our school, even drug dealers and outsiders fit inside his house. The mansion is booming with wild music, alcohol and other unmentionables that I could probably mention once I classify them.

Ali is wearing a short-sleeved white shirt that says, 'I'm a free bitch baby', jean skirt and black boots. Her blonde hair is kinda wet. She probably spent her time at the bathroom with Steve before I arrived.

"I told you I can sneak out." I said, grabbing the bottle of Jack in her hand and taking a huge swig.

She grinned and hugged me again while Steve came in the picture.

"Riley! I knew you would come! Hello buddy! Long time no see!" Steve hugged me as well. He's obviously in a high slur too.

I rolled my eyes and forced a smile. I love Steve, but seriously, he's been a bad influence to Ali since they started going out.

Your probably wondering how I made it to the party. Well, my Dad and Audrey, I meant Amanda went to a nice dinner and will probably be off to a romantic rendezvous afterwards so I jumped at the chance. I made sure that the coast is clear (Matt and Matilda) before I break in my balcony again. I called one of our friends, Ricky to come pick me up at the nearby drug store in the village, explaining the reason why I get to attend my pal Steve's summer party.

"Where's Ricky?" Steve asked.

I shrugged. To be honest, I have no idea. When Ricky picked me up, we chit chatted but once we reached Steve's place, we were out in our separate ways.

"I'll be right back." Steve said, leaving us girls alone.

"So, I saw Rian a while ago," Ali slurred, the alcohol is obviously taking over.

I smiled at thought. Rian is here.

"Really? Where?" I asked, glancing around the house.

I glanced around and failed to see Rian. I'll probably see him later, the house is booming with people I barely acknowledge.

"Looking for someone?" I head someone say.

I searched for the voice and was surprised to see Rian, in his god-like glory, wearing a black shirt that totally screams 'Fuck me cause I'm totally hot.' Well, I would, Rian.

I felt my cheek heating and smiled. Oh my gosh, I've been having dreams about this guy.

"Hey," I said.

Ali smiled and pinched my arm, whispering that she's out to get another bottle and left.

"Long time no see. Last time I saw you was when? Addie's sweet sixteen?" He asked, smirking.

I smiled. He remembered.

"Yeah, I think so." I smiled. Okay, God, what is wrong with me? The guy I liked is trying to strike up a conversation with me but I can't seem to use profound words. Where is this coming from?

"So..." He began.

"Ummm..."

"I heard that you like underground bands," he said, smiling.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I asked. Oh my gosh, is he researching about me?

It amazes me how can we hear each other despite the booming stereos. Maybe there's chemistry, after all.

"Steven mentioned. So anyway, I know this cool place around town wherein they have cool bands to entertain guests. If you have time, maybe you and me could explore the place and have some fun?" he said.

IS THIS A CASUAL WAY OF ASKING ME OUT!?

"Yyeah. I mean, sure. That would be cool." I said. Oh come on Riley, profound words, remember?

"That's awesome. So, this Saturday, maybe we can? I mean, I heard this band called Tangible is playing and I saw their Myspace. They sound pretty awesome." he laughed.

"Yeah, Saturday. That's cool. I can't wait!" I squealed. Oh god, he'll probably think I'm a fan girl.

"Okay, wow. Um, I'm glad you agreed. Well, I have to go. My mom didn't know that I was here." he laughed. Oh my gosh.

"Yeah me too. I'm supposed to be grounded." I said, flatly. Way to uncool yourself, Riles.

He laughed. "Well, I'm glad were in a same page, not allowed to parties. Well, see ya on Saturday. I'll text you." He waved and rushed.

Did Rian just asked me out?!

I guess he did.

I grinned as big as a bunny and hopped my way to Steve's kitchen. I can't believe that Rian might be interested in me. All this time I thought he doesn't care but I think now he does. This is probably the summer I truly need.

I went to the Kitchen table wherein all the drinks and other food were present and grabbed a bottle of Vodka. I want to drink a bottle of Vodka straight up. I need to celebrate. The man I've been crushing on finally asked me out!

I contemplated on looking for Ali but abolished the thought knowing that she's probably too drunk or too high to celebrate with me so I decided to drown my celebration on the couch, together with 2 sexually obsessed couples beside me. I tried to ignore them and gave my all to my Vodka and surprisingly it worked. Finally, the booze took its toll when I stood up and got dizzy. I felt something vibrate in my pocket and realized that someone's calling me. Woah, what time is it anyway?

I ignored the vibration and headed to the Kitchen table again. I figured I could use a little beer so I grabbed one can in the fridge and gulped. My phone vibrates again. Who the fuck is calling me now?

I went upstairs to look for Ali and lo and behold, saw her making out with Steve. What's new? It amazes me how Ali looks at Steve with love and passion even if he's trying to pull Ali's future down. I guess true love works like that. Your willing to sacrifice everything just to be happy.

I went to the bathroom and washed my face. I noticed that my eyeliner was smudged and my lips are totally pale. I grabbed the Chapstick out of my purse and applied some. I heard a knock at the door and rolled my eyes. It's probably a couple that couldn't find a suitable room to hump with. I ignored the angst knock and continued my pampering. The knock grew louder and it's so annoying so I decided to give this couple a chance to explain themselves. Might as well give them a hard time, I'm done anyway.

What surprised me is to find my Dad looking at me with a furious look on his face. Behind him is Amanda wearing a disgusted look on her face. She probably saw the whole scene downstairs.

My dad and I shared a long glance, as if were battling between our eyes. After the long eye to eye sex, he grabbed my wrist and went downstairs. I was too surprised, too astonished and too drunk to blurt a comprehensive word so I just let him take me. None of the cool guys even noticed me being dragged, they are probably too sexed up or too high to notice, thank God.

I saw our SUV along the driveway, My Dad let go of my wrist and started the car. He's too mad to function. I looked at Amanda and she's trying to open the passenger seat. What, so now she's gonna seat beside Dad? Who does she think she is?

I managed to speak out and held up my hand on the passenger's door.

"What do you think your doing?" I asked her. She gave me a confused look and in exchange, I gave her a scowl. "Move, I wanna seat there." I commanded.

My dad saw our exchange and give Amanda a sympathetic nod. I glared, opening the passenger's seat. Score one for me.

My dad started the car and shook his head. He looked at Amanda on the rear view mirror and sighed.

"I don't know what to do with you anymore, Riley."

My nose flared, it's as if he's given and fed up with me anymore. Now what, he doesn't want me anymore? He's choosing that cheap Audrey Hepburn lookalike?

"I don't know what to with you too," I replied.

"What you did tonight was... Out of the rules! I saw the the environment, the people. What are you doing to your life, Riley?! I told you to stay away from them!" he screamed.

I felt Amanda put her hand above my Dad's shoulder, probably calming him down but Dad didn't notice. He's too mad to notice everything but me.

"You have no right to judge them. They understand me, unlike you!" I screamed back.

"You have no right to talk to me like that! You, you are just my daughter! I am the parent in this, Riley! I will do whatever I want to do with you!" He screamed, gripping the wheel.

"So what? You want to get rid of me now? Yeah sure. So that you and that little airhead will live happily ever after!" I said.

My dad got anxious and I felt the car accelerate a bit.

"Enough!" he wailed.

"Just stating the truth." I mumbled.

"Riley, I think your drunk." I heard Amanda but in. Again, who does she think she is?!

I looked at her and smirked. "Shut up."

My dad stopped the car for a minute. "I said, that's enough Riley!"

I smirked and put my hands up in defense.

"Just trying to be annoying."

I woke up, my head throbbing and my throat practically giving up. This is what I hate after a party, the effects. I went to the bathroom and barfed my lungs out when I heard someone enter my room. I brushed my teeth and put tied my hair into a messy bun. I noticed that I managed to change my party clothes to Sofee shorts and wife beater. I opened my door and lo and behold, there goes my Dad again, wearing that intimidating look.

I sighed while I wiped my face with a towel and looked a my Dad. He's sitting on the bed so I can't approach my bed. I decided to sat beside my laptop and looked at him.

"Riley, what you did last night was out of the bounds. I can't believe you tried to disobey me again." he started.

I rolled my eyes and huffed. Here we go again.

"I know, alright. I sneak out. But I'm just trying to have fun. Do you know what fun is?" I tried to say.

"I know what having fun means. And I know how to have fun without using drugs and alcohol!" he announced.

"I'm not doing drugs, believe me. I drink alcohol but only occasionally, alright?!" I said defensively.

"Your friends with Ali and her boyfriend, Steve. They are most notorious drug users in town, I doubt-" he tried to reason out.

"So you don't believe me?" I mumbled. Wow, that hurts. I'm his daughter. And he doesn't believe me. What's new.

"I do, I just-"

"No you don't. You know Dad, it's okay. I'm not born to please you anyway." I said, trying to open my laptop.

"Ever since your Mom died-" He started but I immediately cut him off.

"Look, don't drag Mom into this, okay? This is too damaged to be fixed. Just get to the point. What, your grounding me? Fine. I'm used to it anyway." I said, dismissively.

He stood up, approaching my door.

"I went here not to fight with you. I went here to tell you to start packing."

I looked at him and glared. What is he talking about?

"What, your sending me out?" I asked.

"No. Your going with Matt. Your going to Camp Rock." he said, shutting my door without letting me speak.
♠ ♠ ♠
O-kay, I told you the next chapter would be out! So what do you guys think? Still thinking who to choose.

So, Nick or Joe? :)