Status: Complete

A Walk Through Hell

Chapter X

While Francis took her shower, I decided to take a quick nap. Again it was dreamless, just the way I like it. I slowly opened my eyes to see the orange hue of a setting sun peeking out my window. How long did I sleep? Where's Francis? I sit up and place my shirt back on. I quietly open the door and walk out to the hallway, no one’s here. I walk a little further and I suddenly hear voices.

"...I don't want to die Andy." Francis?

"You're going to be fine!"

"What if I'm not? Zalex, will be so heartbroken." Silence.

"I'll watch Zalex and make sure he doesn't repeat yesterday." More silence.

"I love him so much Andy."

"I know you do, honey."

"I want to marry him and have kids, but I'm not even sure I'm going to wake up if I go to sleep." Is that why she looks tired all the time?

"Francis believe in yourself. You're going to live, and Zalex will be a great husband and father.

"Does the world really need smaller versions of me? I want to think that way, I really do, but I have lung cancer. It’s hard to be optimistic when you're dying." I'm counting down.

"Is Zalex paying for my treatment?" Ten.

"I can't say, because I don't know who is."Nine.

"He has all this money, and the only thing I know he spent it on was his car." Eight.

"I know he has a lot of money." Seven.

"I want to know. I know you know, you're practically his sister." Six.

" No one could ever replace Faith, yes he's paying for it." Five.

"He loves me that much to pay for my treatments?" Four.

"He loves you more than his car. He would do anything to keep you alive and with him forever." Three.

"He needs to stop cutting. If he stops cutting I'll have hope. If he doesn't I'll always have doubts that he doesn't truly love me, and that I'll live." Two.

"Francis you can't expect him to drop all of it all at once. He's been so shaken this year, cutting distracts him from the emotional pain. He needs it. I'm not happy that he does it, I'd rather he didn't do it but it’s something he needs. He may have gotten carried away on Christmas but you know what happened so you can't judge him. Yesterday was a complete accident, he cut too close. He knows his mistake and won't make it again. If he made a promise he's going to keep it. Just give him time. He needs our support and love right now.” One.

"But-"

"Good afternoon ladies."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its short but I was running low on creativity.