Status: Complete

A Walk Through Hell

Chapter XXXI

I can't think only stare at my burly father who has a mischievous grin on his face.

"Well?" What does he want?

"Come in" He steps inside and whistles.

"Nice place. Who you fucking to get it?" Jackass.

“My boyfriend doesn't live here." He doesn't look at me.

"I always knew you were a faggot. Coming out of your mother with a pussy and a dick, I knew you were going to be gay."

"Bisexual is different from homosexual."

"Not to me."

"What do you want?"

"You're a big guy. I always thought you would be a scrawny little fucker, but look at you, you're a man.

"What do you want?"

"Look, your mother wants you to come back. She's clean now, losing the baby changed her. We're trying again, all she wants is her family back together again."

“Good for her, but I'm not going back."

“I'm here to take you back willing or by brute force."

'You can fucking try." He gives me an evil smile that sends a chill down my spine.

“Oh I intend to." He tries to fake me out with a left hook and coming in with his right, but I'm a soccer player. We play dirty. When he tires this, I drop down and punch him square in the balls, he screams and falls on the ground holding whatever is there and crying. I take my chance and kick him rapidly in his face, stomach, back, legs, just about anywhere that wouldn't kill him. He grabs my ankle and I fall backwards, he's choking me now, I slap at his face and hands.

"Not so tough now huh? You little fuck, I knew your mother should have aborted you! When you came out with a pussy and a dick I wanted you to die right then and there."

"I didn't die then and I won't die now!"

"We'll see about that." He tightens his grip on my throat, with all my fading strength I shift his weight to the side. I break free of his grip for a split second, in that second my mind flips to Andy and the gun she had in my face. Andy's gun! I kick him as hard as I can to stun him long enough so I can sprint to the stairs.

"Running away like a fucking coward!" I ignore him and lunge for her bedroom door, I lock it at the exact moment he tries so open it. "Get out here and be a man!" Not if a man is you. Andy must have hidden the gun from Jake, but I know all her hiding places. It takes me a minute to find the right one, a gap between her dresser and the wall. Nearly invisible unless you're standing in the right spot. The gun is cold, I've never held one before but it feels natural in my hand. I check the ammo, one bullet. No room to fuck up. He's still pounding at the door.

"Come out and face me you little prick!" I unlock the door and step back, he charges in but stops when he sees the gun. "Look we can talk about this."

"I highly doubt that."

"Zalex just wait. We can talk this out."

"Clifford I'm going to let you live if you walk out of this house and never come back because if you do I will kill you."

"That's agreeable." He slowly walks out of the room and down the stairs. We're almost out the door when he twirls around and garbs at my hands, the gun goes off and we hear a grunt and a thud. The bastard runs out the door screaming behind him.

"He ain't worth it! Fuck kids, man." I get up slowly trying not to see who got shot. Ever so slowly I turn around and see Poof lying on the ground with blood seeping out of his shoulder.

"W-William." I drop to my knees.

"William." I test his pulse, its faint but its’ there. I reach into his pocket and take out his phone I dial 911 as quickly as I can.

"He's unconscious but he has a heartbeat." I'm trying to stay calm, I won't break into tears like a girl anymore. When they dispatched an ambulance I hung up and held Will in my arms. "William I'm sorry about last night, the normal me would have shouted yes but after almost losing Francis I didn't want to lose you. I'm sorry Will, I really am. I love you and I want to marry you. I'm so sorry." My tears roll off my cheeks and down onto his, I wipe them away. "Please live." I kiss his warm lips and taste the blood that splattered onto his face.