Status: Finished.

You Really Aren't Just Last Nights Dream, Are You?

Six.

I moaned tiredly as I felt a soft hand slide across my stomach, then an arm wrapped around me, pulling me against a warm body, "I like this feeling.." Brendon whispered,
almost moaning. I smiled to myself as he slid his hand down my side, holding me against him. My cellphone rang from my jean pocket and I slipped away from him and dug into the pocket, pulling out my phone and answering it.
"Hello?" I asked tiredly, Brendon watched me curiously.
"Where have you been!? You told me we were going to get coffee this morning!" I heard my friend, Alex, scream into the phone. I put my hand on my forehead and leaned on it.
"Ugh, sorry, Alex... Something came up.." I told her through my scratchy voice, Brendon was smirking at me, I looked at him and shook my head, warning him. I put my hand
over the phones microphone and whispered to him, "Dont even think about it." I hissed, he didnt stop smirking. He tackled me, grabbing at the phone, "Brendon!" I yelped,
he snatched the phone from me, holding me off with an outstretched arm, sitting on the other side of the bed.
"Hello?" He asked into the phone, smirking at me, I squinted back at him, "This is her boyfriend, Brendon." He said, he was spiting me, just so I'd get bombarded withquestions from her, "She's kind of busy-" I lunged at him and we fell beside the bed, I snatched the phone from him and sat ontop of him, straddling his waist and pinning him to the floor.
"Sorry, Al-" She cut me off.
"You have a boyfriend? When did this happen?... Wait, his names Brendon." She went silent, "Is this the guy thats always at the bar?! He never talks to anyone! How the hell did you manage this one!... Did you sleep with him?!" She asked out frantically, she was so loud that Brendon could hear every word she was saying. He smiled at me and
nodded vigorously, then spoke out.
"Yes!" He said loudly so she could hear, then laughed. Well, he's definitely back to normal.
"Oh my god." Alex gasped, I sighed and glared at Brendon.
"I only do it because I love you." He whispered and smiled cutely, I stared at him blankly.
"You really slept with him, didnt you?" She asked, now in a normal voice, Brendon watched me, he couldnt hear, "Do you even know this guy?"
I paused, "Duh! Of course I know him, I talked to him every night we went to the bar!"
"You did?... Do you love him?" She asked blankly.
"Thats a stupid question... I do." I said, she gasped.
"You have to introduce me!" She said excitedly, "Does he have any friends?"
I went straight faced, unsatisfied and serious, "... I'll talk to you later, Alex." I hung up the phone without a goodbye, my attention turned to Brendon and he stared up at me.
"... Whoa! Someones aggressive in bed!" I heard someone laugh out, me and Brendon both looked over to the door and saw Pete smirking at us, I blushed slightly, we were both still in our underwear and Pete could see more of me then I would want, "Be gentle with her, Brend."
I squinted at him, "I know, its okay, whatever she wants, right?" Brendon smiled back up at me and slid his hands onto the sides of my thighs, I winced down at him blankly.
"Oh, Brendons a people pleaser," Pete chuckled, "Well, I just came up to tell you two that we got breakfast... I can see your a little busy, so, just come down whenever." He winked then left and shut the door behind him, "Keep it safe!" He yelled from outside the door, I sighed.
"Has anyone ever told you that your all bright and glowy in the morning?" Brendon smiled up at me cutely, then it faded and he stared at me in fascination, "You really arent just last nights dream... are you?"
"... No," I whispered, then smiled down at him, "Im as real as you can get." I stared into his glassy, silver eyes and he pushed himself up and leaned back on his foreams. I
leaned down, into him, and locked my lips onto his gently. I licked his lips playfully, then pulled my head back, and he stared up at me with large, silver eyes, "I laaaaaave
you." I whispered cutely, he smiled softly and chuckled under his breath.

We both walked into the kitchen and saw the guys sitting around, munching on their breakfast, "Whoa! Brendon!" Spencer looked at him wide eyed, "Your like, glowing!"
The boys laughed, "... Thank you?" Brendon tilted his head unsurely, chuckling, I pushed myself up and sat on the counter then he came over and leaned beside me against it.
"So, Brendon, what are you going to do today, you know, since your practically human and all. Are you going to be normal?" Andy teased, Brendon winced at him.
"Yeah, incognito and all that jazz." Ryan laughed, "Man on a mission, even though, not really."
"... I just want to be with Kat." Brendon said, wincing at them.
"... Ohhh, right... We forgot about the 'effects' your 'condition' has on you." Jon joked.
"Ha, ha." Brendon laughed sarcastically, "Why dont you guys go out and get girlfriends already? Your just jealous." Brendon smirked at them.
Pete rolled his eyes, "We could if we wanted to, your just the idiot here, because now your going to be tempted to bite her all the time."
Brendon shook his head, "My little condition gives me an advantage on that, doesnt it?" He grinned.
I looked around, counting the boys, "Where's Patrick?" I questioned, they all exchanged glances then shrugged at me.
"I'll go look for him.." I said absentmindedly and hopped off the counter, making my way out and searching around the big house. I passed a room with the door only open a crack, then stopped and stepped back, slowly pushing the door open. There was Patrick, fiddling around with something on his desk, I tilted my head and he turned and
spotted me.
"Oh, hi." He chuckled welcomingly, "Whats up?" He asked after looking at me for a moment.
I shrugged, "Nothin', I was just wondering where you were." I said, he waved me in and I walked in and sat on the edge of the small bed.
"Kat, can I ask you something?" He said, asking for approval, I nodded with no expression apparent on my face, "How.. How exactly did you and Brendon, well, get into
this whole thing?" He questioned, "I know something happened that night we found him at your apartment, I just dont know what... I mean, if you dont mind me asking.."
I shook my head kindly, "No, its okay," I reassured him, "Well, I was walking down the street, on my way home from going out to the bar with my friends. I only live a few
blocks away from it, so I figured I'd walk home. Brendon, and all his creepiness," Patrick chuckled at this, "Was following behind me, when I asked him what he was doing all he said was that the streets get dangerous at night and he didnt want me getting hurt. Before I knew it, he was making me hide behind him. There were these two, taller boys, and they started interogating him and well, encouraging him to bite me. They said if he didnt, then they would. It kind of just played out from there, he told me he wasnt going to hurt me, and he put on an act for the boys, then fled, taking me with him. He took me home to my apartment and told me about, well, he explained himself and
told me about... vampires." I finished, Patrick was attentive.
"Dandies. The boys, they were dandies?" He asked, I shrugged.
"Probably, they did know Brendons name, but, they didnt call him Brendon, they called him Brend.." I said, "Like they were old friends of his from when he was a dandie. What made me think though, was when Brendon was pulling me away with him, one of the boys called him a liar and yelled out "whos side are you on".."
"Well... I suppose it could have been worse," He sighed, "Brendon could have bit you and let his lust get the best of him."
"The End!" I turned and saw Brendon leaning in the doorway, smiling at us, "You know, they werent exactly friends, more like... coworkers or acquaintances." He pointed out, "I didnt really talk much to other dandies, I guess I was kind of a loner... I usually just did my job." He chuckled, "But, back then, I just liked to cut out all the foreplay and make with the sexual favors." He smirked, "So, I got a little more work done then others, if you catch my drift."
"Isnt that what dandies do?" I asked, he shrugged, then nodded after taking a moment to think about it.
"But, now I like foreplay. It makes everything so much more... interesting." He said, I chuckled.
"Brendon," Patrick started, "What else do you know about dandies?"
"Mostly everything, I mean, I was Williams right hand man, now wasnt I?" He left the doorway and walked in, sitting down beside me on the bed.
"Can you tell us?" I asked, he smiled at me.
"Anything for you, Love." He put his hand behind me on the bed and leaned into me a little closer, staring at me affectionately, Patrick stared at us akwardly, "What do you
want to know?"
I looked at him for a second, thinking, "... Do they have any weaknesses?" I asked him, he smiled.
"Everyone has a weakness, Kat." He whispered smoothly.
".. What is it?" I asked softly.
He smiled, "Heartbreak. You have to beat them at their own game," He said quietly, "You have to make them fall in love with you, you have to win their trust. Make them lust for you, but they have to love you enough to not want to hurt you." He explained then smiled, "Like you did with me."
"But, that would take too long.." I whispered.
"Then break their heart," He whispered back, "Physically."
"... You mean, like, stabbing a stake into their hearts?" Patrick asked, curiously. Brendon nodded at him.
"Exactly." He said, "Alright, next question." He said it as if we were playing twenty questions.
"Do they have any strategies?" Patrick asked.
"Yeah, but I'd rather not tell you about those.." He chuckled, I squinted.
"Brendon, dont be dirty." I whispered angrily, he winced and studied me, worried that he'd upset me.
"Brendon?" Patrick asked, snapping him out of it, Brendon nodded his head.
"Yeah, they have strategies.." He squeaked softly, "Its not that big, when William drops the glove, they scatter and attack."
"Mhm.." Patrick trailed off, "... One more question," He said and Brendon listened attentively, "Where are they?" Brendon winced, and before I knew it, we were all making our way through the forest again.
"Its just over that hill." Brendon pointed, then slowed down and grabbed me by my wrist, we walked a few feet behind everyone, "Are you mad at me?"
I looked at him and winced, "What?"
"Did I upset you?" He stared at me pleadingly, with big, glassy puppy dog eyes.
"How would you have upset me?" I asked blankly.
"When I said that thing about 'strategies' before..." He got quiet, I chuckled.
"Im not mad, just.. We were being serious and you were being dirty." I told him, he didnt seem satisfied with my answer. I stopped and he stopped after me, I leaned over and kissed his jawline sweetly, then smiled at him, "Im not mad." I repeated myself, reassuring him, then continued walking. He was frozen for a few moments, then caught up with me and the boys. We stopped when we got near the top of the hill, there was a big, abandoned factory with smashed windows. It was so original, like something out of a creepy horror movie.

Later, when we were walking back into the town, "Well, Brendon, as it seems, you've finally found people who aren't horrified of you." We heard a smooth voice say, we all turned and saw a man, he was dressed up in a crazy get up that I cant even describe. I glanced over at Brendon, beside me, and he was staring at the man, "Well? Arent you going to introduce me?"
"What do you want William?" Brendon hissed angrily, thats William?
"I saw you and your little friends atop the hill and thought I'd come and say hello." William smirked, "But, it seems that the human girl isnt exactly just a friend, is she?" Brendon didnt say anything, "Oh please, I heard about your little stunt the other night. You were protecting her. You've fallen in love with a mortal, I thought you understood that thats against the rules, but obviously not." He sighed in disappointment. Then, figures started emerging from the shadows, there were atleast four or five, and they were surrounding us, "You betrayed me Brendon, and its a damn shame too. You had so much power, why would you give that up? For love? Pfft."
"Shut it, will you?" Brendon spat harshly, rage was growing in his eyes. Then, William smiled.
"Brendon," William grinned deviously, "Its finally happened hasnt it? Your silvera? Bravo, your almost completely defenseless."
"Hey, why dont you just leave us alone!" I blurted out viciously, William looked at me in surprise then started walking towards me. I froze up, in fear, and Brendon stepped
closer to me, shielding me slightly.
"Dont touch her, Will." Brendon warned and glared at him.
William smiled at me, "Very nice," He said, "Brendon, you sure know how to choose them, dont you?" He laughed, "Very mouthy and persistent." Then, a set of hands grabbed me by my wrists and yanked me away from Brendon. Brendon turned and glanced at me, then looked back at William, infuriated. The others were being gripped by
Williams dark vampires.
"Call your men off." Brendon told him angrily, "Call them off!" He yelled, the guy who was holding onto me dragged me over to William and he grabbed me by my upper
arm, his grip was tight, it was cutting off my curculation.
"She's a lovely little thing, isnt she Brendon?" William spited, looking at me curiously, then brushed his thumb across my cheek, I flinched then froze.
"Dont touch her like that," Brendon spat, "Dont touch her!" He screamed, "If your going to pick on someone, pick on me. She didnt do anything to you, Im the one that your angry with."
"Ah, that may be true, but you treasure her, dont you?" William smirked, "And, could it be true, that you treasure her life more then you treasure your own well being?" He
questioned knowingly, "A life without your beloved is better torture then killing you, dont you think?"
"William, stop fucking around with his head, just get it over with and bite her!" One of the vampires hissed, he disegarded this.
"To think, switching over and fighting with mortals is causing you more hurt then you were exposed to with us. Now, the only person that you'd die for, is dying for you." He told Brendon, speaking to him like his words were stabbing him.
"William.." Brendon choked out, "Please.." He stared at him with pleading eyes.
"Please?" William repeated Brendon, then looked at him with disgust. He then looked at me and put his hand to my neck, his nail grazing across it. It burned my skin, myhands clenched, forming fists. He dropped me to the ground, "Pathetic." I glared up at William and he looked down on me, "Dont look so upset, I could have killed you." He hissed at me quietly, then him and the vampires fled, almost blowing away like dust. Brendon fell to his knees beside me and stared at my neck.
He swallowed the lump in his throat, "Your bleeding." He choked out quietly, I could see the others watching us from a few feet behind Brendon. He stared at my neck like
I was dying, like I had a serious injury. His hands reached out for me and pulled me into him, imbracing me in a tight hug, "I thought he was going to take your life.." Hemanaged to choke out. I thought he was going to too... Why didnt he?

I sat on the counter and Patrick wiped at the blood that leaked out through the deep cut William had left on my neck, "Where's Brendon?" I whispered and he looked up
at me from looking at my neck.
"He said he was going to be in the attic.." He whispered back to me and put a bandage over the cut, then I slid off of the counter and made my way up to the attic. Iopened the door slowly and crept in. I saw Brendon sitting on the small balcony and I quietly walked over. I was only about four or five feet away from him and he looked at me from over his shoulder, his eyes were dark again, almost black. I went over and sat beside him, he turned away from me, avoiding eye contact.
"He could have killed you." He whispered, I frowned and reached my hand out for his, he pulled it away, "Please dont touch me.." Why wouldnt he let me touch him? I just wanted to comfort him.
"Your eyes are dark again.." I whispered awkwardly, not knowing what to say.
"If they werent, I'd let you touch me," He whispered, "Im not ready... Your in no condition for me to be tempted.."
I frowned, "You want me to leave... dont you?"
He went silent, "No.." He choked sadly, "But, you have to..." My heart sank, "For your own safety... I dont want you getting hurt again."
"Brendon," I started upsetly, "Im not a kid, I can take care of myself... I'll be fine, I-"
"Please." He begged, turning and staring me in the eyes, he looked as if he could cry, "I shouldnt have even gotten involved with you in the first place, if we'd never met,
this wouldnt have ever happened.." He muttered.
I frowned at him frustratedly, "Brendon, if you'd never met me, I'd already have been a vampire. You saved me from those two vampires. You come into my life and now
you just want to take yourself out of it, because, supposedly, that'll make me happy and keep me safe. I dont care if I fucking die, I just want to be with you, but clearly, you dont want me with you anymore. If thats what you want to make you happy, then fine. Im leaving, and dont expect me to come crawling back." By the time I finished, I was on my feet, yelling at him, but he was still turned away from me, I swallowed my sorrow, "Are you fucking happy now, Brendon?" I cried out, then fled from the atticbefore he could even react. I ran down the stairs and out of the huge house.