Status: Active.

It's Classy, Not Classic.

Whatsyername?

The first week of school resembled a week of pure torture, the curious looks faded slightly but the spontaneous places and times where I'd spot that black haired, hazel eyed boy did not decrease a bit. Odd enough, but I didn't care anymore, he could go wherever he wants. Except for, you know, the places he's not allowed to. Anyway, almost all times that I saw him he had a cigarette lit, unless he was in school, like when he's in english class sitting in the back with some kids, and in full view on school property. It was one day after school when I decided to hang around the school for a while, so I'd shoved my iPod plugs into my ears and listened to some music, almost blasting it, laying on the front row bench of the bleachers with my legs bent up at the knees and my bag on the floor beside the bench, closing my eyes. I didn't know how long I layed there for, but it couldn't have been that long. One of my earplugs was tugged out and my eyes shot open, glancing around to have my gaze fall upon the hazel doe eyed senior sitting on the second row bench, leaned over on his lap with a cigarette inbetween his fingers. He gave a crooked smile, oddly a mischevious feeling radiating from it mixed with a weird kind of warmth. "What're you doin'?" He inquired curiously, and I gave him an odd look before answering.
"Well, obviously I was listening to music." I pointed out with an evident tone dripping from each word, "Until you came along and ruined it all."
"That's an awful way to put it." He told me as his reply, "You make me seem like some sort of disrupter of the peace."
"Maybe you are."
"Harsh." He noted back at me, a fake hint of hurt in his voice while he pressed his hand to his heart in offended kind of way.
"Why are you here, anyhow?" I questioned out of curiousity, giving him a suspicious look. He just gave me a laugh in return, as if to tell me not to be so skeptical.
"I was going to go home, and then I saw you here, and having seen so much of you over the past week I decided to actually talk to you." He answered simply, "From what I know, you don't have any friends yet, and you don't seem to be to thrilled by making any either."
"I'm not." I told him flatly while he took a drag from his cigarette and exhaled his cloud of smoke off near the side -- I hated being around people when they were smoking, I couldn't breath. Thank god the wind was blowing against it and blowing it away from me. "I want to go back to my real home."
"And where may that be?"
"Canada -- Toronto."
"Ahhh, so you're a Canadian girl." He smiled crookedly, "Nice. Jersey isn't exactly the greatest place to move to from another country though, but it has its good traits."
"Oh, really." I mused unconvinced, giving a laugh of disbelief, and he rolled his eyes at me, "And what might they be?"
"The country side is really nice, the fields and all that." He rejoindered, propping an elbow up on his knee and resting his jaw on his hand, "You should go out and check it out one day, and asides from all of the violence and stuff going on, there's alot of wicked parties being thrown. And there's this all ages club, and then this other underground club that sells alcohol that doesn't ask for your ID."
"I bet that's your favourite part." I teased, convulsing at my reply, and he just rolled his eyes playfully.
"One of them." He replied, and I let out a laugh, in which he gave me a smirk in return, flashing his white teeth playfully. "I could take you to the country if you want sometime," He offered, "If thats not too straightforward of me." He added after, thinking about it, unsure wether I would consider it to be or not. I just shrugged, because I honestly didn't know what to tell him. I didn't want to say no, and I didn't know why -- maybe it's because I'm a sucker for a pretty face, or something of that sort. I didn't want to say yes, either, because I barely knew him at all.
"Jersey can't possibley be as good as Toronto." I sighed unhappily, and he furrowed his eyebrows at me in offense, taking it as some sort of challenge.
"How do you know?" He snapped slightly, borderline rude but still composed, more curious then mean to be honest, "I bet you I could change your mind."
I knew he took it as a challenge, I thought to myself, He just looks like the competitive type, I suppose. Or maybe he just wants to defend his hometown, since it's probably so dear and near to his heart and all.
"You really like New Jersey, don't you?" I asked him curiously after he took another puff from his cancer stick.
"I grew up here, why wouldn't I?"
I gave a shrug, "Sometimes people grow up in a place and start to just die trying to get out of that very place."
"True say." He nodded after a moment in understanding, before shrugging briefly and subtley back at me, "I guess I just like the dirty feel to Jersey, the grime and the thrill."
"Uhhuh." I replied shortly, nodding momentarily and turning my gaze up at the sky, glancing around up at it and looking at the various shapes of the clouds blowing overhead. "I think I'm gonna go," I thought out loud randomly, "I have to figure out what to make for dinner." I wondered aloud, ignoring the black haired boys pressence, who sat there smoking his cigarette and staring at me casually while I talked to myself. I sat up a moment later and stood up, putting my iPod away in my backpack before grabbing the strap of it and slinging it over my shoulder. "I'll see you, I guess."
"Do you need a ride?" He offered, and I thought for a second. I never really liked walking, I never liked walking to and from school -- it sucked, and I was pretty lazy. I was a wimp, too, and I sucked at sports.
"Sure." I agreed after a moment, nodding, "It's better then having to walk." I pointed out, and he gave a small laugh and smooshed the end of his cigarette on the spot on the bench of the bleachers beside him before standing up and stepping over the bench I was laying on.
"It's over this way." He told me, nodding to his left toward the parking lot, giving my arm a slight touch and pull as the initiative to follow him, and I trailed behind him while he led me to his car.
"No smoking on school grounds, son!" An older teacher called out to him, a reminder in a stern voice, like they were frustrated, because I'm completely sure he'd smoked plenty of times on school property before. The black haired boy that I followed after just waved peachily and smiled innocently, continuing leading me to his car. This senior boy still remained nameless, because I couldn't get in a inquire to ask his name and he hadn't asked me yet either. He led me up to an older, dark red car that was no doubt a hand me down.
"Like the fact you don't give a shit about the teachers orders." I told him, and he chuckled and shrugged while I walked around to the passengers side, him walking to the drivers side. We both slid in after he'd unlocked it and I swung the door shut after me, dropping my bag in my foot area of the passengers seat and pulling my legs up onto the seat, crossing my legs. He gave me a curious look but laughed at my position, obviously noticing that I didn't care how ridiculous and childlike I seemed -- and he didn't seem to mind it.
He started up the car and pulled out of the parking space, driving his way out of the parking lot and onto the road, making his way down the street and asking me for my address in which I quickly told him in a mumble, staring out the window and watching everything pass by. He turned the radio on, a CD playing from some band faintly, and tapped his fingers on the steering wheel as we stopped at a light, "So, uh, whats your name? I forgot to ask." He convulsed at himself and his forgetfulness.
"Uh, my names Kat." I answered, briefly turning my gaze from out the window to his own hazel orbs that looked over at me before looking back out the window, "Yours?"
"Frank."