Status: Complete

The Beast and The Harlot = ?

Part 37

"We just have to get ready and then we'll swing by and get you. We're gonna party the night away!" Alaina said.

I smiled and nodded as I walked up my driveway.

I watched them walk away and I decided to go to the mail box.

I opened it up and saw it was stacked full.

I sighed and pulled it all out.

I flipped through it and grabbed all the bills, putting them under my left arm.

I kept looking through them and stopped when a huge pink envelope caught my attention.

I looked at it with suspicion because it was addressed to me.

I looked at the top of the letter but there was no sender information or a stamp.

Someone had to have dropped it off.

I looked around the street but I didn't see anyone.

I shrugged and walkedup the drive, the pink letter on top of the pile of bills.

I walked through the front door and didn't hear anything so I went straight to the kitchen I leaned against the counter and dropped all the mail except the pink one.

I stared at it for a moment before I heard a gasp.

I turned around and saw Brain, staring at me.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"You--, you look fucking gorgeous." He breathed.

"Thanks. After the gym, the girls took me to get a makeover. I have to admit, I look like a hooker." I said.

Brian came up to me and looked me up and down.

"No, you could never look like a hooker. I love the hair, by the way." He said with a grin, running his hand through my silky locks.

"Yeah, I like it too. The girls want me to look perfect for tonight." I said.

Brian's hand in my hair stopped and he looked at me with a confused expression.

"What's tonight?" He asked.

"We're going bar hopping tonight." I sadi with an excited smile.

"You're going to the bar? Like that?!" Brian asked, moving a step away from me so he could look at me fully.

"Yeah. We haven't gone out together in a while. No boyfriends, though. Sorry." I said, going to the fridge to get a drink.

"Are you crazy?!" Brian griped.

"No. Are you?" I asked, confused at his outburst.

"You are not going to the bar. Not dressed like that!" Brian yelled, looking me up and down.

"And why not?!" I yelled back, putting my hands on my hips.

"Because, guys at the bar are only looking for girls they think they can fuck. If they see you like that, they're gonna think you're looking for something." Brian said angrily.

"You would know all about that, wouldn't you?" I bit back angrily.

Brian stayed quiet but the anger in his eyes said everything.

It was a moment before he said anything.

"Babe, please don't throw this back in my face." Brian said quietly.

"I don't understand why you are able to do whatever the hell you want, but when I want to go out with my friends, suddenly it's a big deal." I said angrily.

"That's not it. You just give off a message when you go to the bar dressed like that." Brian said softly.

"What? That I'm ready to fuck?! If I wanted that I could stay here!" I screeched.

"You wouldn't be going if that's what you were looking for! You're mine! No one else's." Brian said firmly.

"Well you were mine too and that didn't stop you!" I said, not caring if I hurt his feelings.

His eyes opened wide and his mouth dropped open.

"And I'm not property! So don't talk about me like I am!" I yelled, breathing hard.

He just looked at me, breathing hard as well.

"I don't want you to go out." Brian said.

"I didn't want you to do a lot of things, Brian. You did what you wanted anyway." I said without emotion.

I took a huge gulp of my soda and put the dirty cup in the sink.

I turned back to Brian and leaned against the counter, looking at him.

He didn't say a word, just stood staring at me too.

I waited a moment, just to see if I was gonna be the one forced into starting the conversation.

A few minutes of silence passed and then a low honk echoed throughout the house.

Brian turned at the sound, moving over to the window to see who it was.

"The girls are here." He said in a low and tense voice.

"Good. I'll be back later." I said to Brian.

He stood stiff, not saying a word.

"Don't worry. When I come back, I won't smell like anything else but sweat and beer."I said, walking out and to the car.