Blink

Ride to School

I just layed down with my eyes closed and waited for my mom’s alarm clock to go off. Once it did Benji crept back into my closet to hide. My mom came to my door and I opened my eyes and yawned.

“Kurai? Can you get my other jacket for me? I left it in your closet.” I moan and see her finst to go get it herself. Any other time is like okay. I am lazy. Whatever. But when you put a werewolf in the closet. I have to actually get up.

“No. Mom. I got it.” I say as I quickly rush to the closet and wobble into the door. Actually hitting my head. My mom laughs and I use that to hurriedly open the door, kick Benji cause I heard him laugh as well, and grab the jacket and close my closet so she doesn’t see Benji. I hand it to her and she kisses my cheek and runs out and down the stairs to get her breakfast croissant out of the microwave before it burned. I sighed and fell back on my bed and slithered back under my covers till I got to my pillows. I felt the urge to open my eyes. And refused it cause from the smell near me. I knew the scent of Benji.

“What do you want?” I muttered. He chuckled. And from the sound I can tell he was pretty baffled.

“You heard me?”

“No. I can smell you. Maple and something else sweet that I have no idea to name.”

“That’s kinda strange. But, okay. So can I come?”
“I am not the boss of you Benji.”

“Well I have forced myself on you. If I am bugging you or sticking around too long or over-staying my welcome then I would-”

“Benji. Hush. And be ready when I am okay.” I said leaning up and looking right at him. He smiled this very enticing smile and I fell back into the comfort of my pillows as he went back to the closet. I just listened to the regular noises and then I was in between sleep and awake and my alarm clock went off. I groaned and heard my brother get up and go to my mom’s room and I caught a glimpse of him with all his stuff. I turned and Benji was there and turned it off for me.

I smiled thankfully and turned back over. He chuckled and got in with me. I am trying to care. But, I already got the fact that he is just uncomfortable from sleeping, well sitting in my closet. I sat up and slid out my covers and he noticed I was trying to get out and he picked me up by my waist and lifted me over his stomach.

I wobbled to my closet and picked out my black jeans and my white hearts and arrows graphic tee. It was kinda awkward getting out my bra and panties but I ignored that, by quickly grabbing and putting them under my shirt. I sighed and got to the bathroom and got in the shower, brushed my teeth and hair. Not at the same time with the same brush of course.

“Kurai. I think I left my wristbands in here.” I heard my brother say. I looked around and found them and opened the door and dropped them in his hands. He nodded his thanks and walked off down the stairs. I heard the rustling of his bag and then the door closed. He must have gone earlier to talk to friends. I walked out with two hair pins in my mouth with my hands raised trying to put my hair into a ponytail. I kept putting too far to one side or the other. I growled as I kicked open my door. I held the ponytail up with my right and and used my left to look for my brown clip. It worked better. I gasped and bumped my knee when Benji came behind me. I glared since I couldn’t do much else. He grabbed the pony tail and I turned around.

“You do hair?” I murmured.

“Yea. Being a werewolf our hair grows faster than we can cut it. There.” he said as he finished putting it how I wanted it. Now that I looked at him I saw his hair was already looking like 2 weeks worth of growth over night. Out of retarded habit I fluffed up his hair. He looked at me confused and started laughing.

“Sorry. I have weird habits.” I mumbled. I looked at the time and saw I was late. I squealed and heard the worst sound ever. The sound of a 40 seater bus driving past my house. Without me on it! I ran out my room and slid down the banister and yanked the door open and waved like a maniac. But, the bus had already turned the corner.

“I guess I’m not going to school.” I said not sure if there was full happy enthusiasm in my voice. I wanted to play around with my friends of course. But, oh well. I’ll meet them after school. I turned to the door and saw an unhappy wolf boy.

“You are going to school. Get ready.” Before I could bring up an argument he started shedding fur like crazy and was half crouched.

“But I don’t want to now. I already missed the bus. So, no need now.” I tried to walk past him but he grabbed and held onto me and towered over me in the door frame. He looked so strange. Between a man and a beast. So handsome. Why is he smirking?

“Cause I can hear you.” he answered. I looked down embarrassed and tried to move again. Stop that. Let me go. Stupid wolf boy strength.

“I’m not touching you. You’re just intimidated by me soo close to you.” I glared down from him.
“Fine. Take me to school then.” he chuckled and layed his head down next my neck and it had turned into a muzzle. I walked back in the house and put on shoes and grabbed my mini backpack. That had as much prohibited stuff packed in it as I had to have fun with my friends.

I turned off all the stuff in the house and went back to the front door to see Benji with his tail wagging. Chill puppy. It’s just school.

“Let’s just get going.” I smiled as I closed the door and locked it. Put my key back in my bag and got on his back in between his shoulder blades. Fuzzy. I squealed as he fluffed it up for me again. I smacked down and he made a slight whimpered roar.

“Don’t do that!” I huffed as he chuckled and headed for the woods. Now that I think about. There is a straight shot to my school that is completely shadowed with huge trees. I never cared to notice before.

“And that is the route I am taking.”

“Stay out of my thoughts.” I muttered leaning closer as we went through the bushes.

“Wish I could. Didn’t learn how to do that before I ran off.” Darn. Well what do I have to hide anyways? I have pretty normal thoughts. Sometimes. Crap. I felt him chuckle again. Meanie!

“You thought it Kurai.” Whatever. I stayed silent trying not to think for once and looked around. So much more awesome than a school bus. I looked over and saw my school bus as it came into view and then faded behind Benji and me. Dang. Fast doggie. Sheesh. I’m sleepy. I yawned and he fluffed up again. I sifted an area for my head and layed down. Strange position. Yes. But, I’m sleepy so I will get over it.

“I’ll wake you up. Get as much rest in as you need.” I was out solid as soon as I heard that.

Benji.