Status: Writingg....

Finding the Forsaken

Chapter Four

Aveline, or whatever she liked to be called was eying the little place in front of us... probably unaware that this really was our home, even though I just said so. How did I know? She still had that stupid look on her face. A bit of surprise though may be alright though, on the count of this place not being like the usual English city, with the castle and surrounding city, shielded by a stone wall and run by cocky royalty. This was our kind of village, more like hide-out, which only our kind was welcomed to.

“Finn ain’t going to like this, Crisp’, not one bit.” My bud, Sterling, had assumed. “You might want to warn him next time bring in ‘show-and-tell. And what’s with your leg?” As he spoke, she observed his dirty blond hair and dull blue eyes, as he studied her too up to her ripped sleeve. “I see you can’t run into a girl without trying to rip her clothes off.” He taunted.

I shot a hostile look at Sterling. “Shut it. She stabbed me with that damn dagger of hers when I had my guard down. She don't have it now though, it's a small walk southeast from here. Layne, search her down, won’t ‘cha?” I side-glanced over towards the girl. “Not wanting anymore sneak attacks, are we Kid?”

“Don’t call me Kid!” She snapped silently, then glaring at the one I called Layne—the only redhead in the entire camp—trying to give him a cold stare as if she’d draw a weapon out of thin air just to keep him away from her.

Not afraid by her look, Layne when ahead and gave her a blunt search as I went to Finn’s hut—he was the oldest here, but I still had the same amount of control as him; we were the ones that started this village. I could hear Ave…whatever yelling from behind me as I walked into Finn’s hut.

“Knock, knock.” I sighed, rolling my eyes when I saw him resting on the ground.

“I thought you were on guard for the day, Crispin.” He said, getting up from a nap. “Why aren’t you out there, is someone else taking watch?” Finn got up while speaking, walking out the door while rubbing his eyes to get used to the light, then he glances down at me. “And what’s with yer leg?”

“ ‘Stabbed, it’s fine.“ I glimpsed at my leg to see the bandage had fallen off, but the blood finally dried up. ”But nope, I’ll send Layne out, or better yet I’ll get Sterling out of my face.” I murmured. “Anyways, Finn, I found someone in the woods and they probably don’t 'got a home. I just couldn’t kill them, so I brought them with me. Think that they could stay here?” I tried to sound kind, but to be honest I wish I would’ve just let her go away so I didn’t have to help her. Why should I?

Finn grabbed his raccoon skin hat and walked on out of his hut, and I followed him. “Sure, I couldn’t give a damn, but they’ll have to bum out with someone. It’ll take too long to build a hut, and we gotta make sure we’re gittin’ food for now so that’s major priority. Now what’s their name, Crisp’?”

Damn, I knew he’d ask. I know he’d find out eventually, but I wished I’ve had more time to get him used to the idea. “Ave-something.”

“Sounds kinda’ girly. What kind of man does he seem like, strong or needy?” Finn questioned.

“Strong…” I muttered, not mentioning that she’s a girl. I stayed quiet as I lead him to her and the others who had moved a bit back it seems towards a tree. When we got to them, she was tied against a tree, struggling to free herself, as the others went through her bag.

“Hey, all we found was some food and this dress thing. We had to tie her up ‘cause she was actin’ up.” Layne handed me the bag of food, but tossed the gown into the dirt—an angry look grew on her face when he did. I swear she would’ve freaked out first if it weren’t for Finn who was stunned already.

He took a step towards her, then glancing at me. “Why the hell did you bring a girl here?”

I knew it. She’s just a burden that I’m going to have to put up with. I thought. I should just let one of the guys kill her and we can all move on.
♠ ♠ ♠
What a burden. ;)
Comment, please. :)
It really keeps us writing~