Status: May 26 : Updated!

Your Biggest Misconception

Chapter 4

Zacky's Pov

I arrived home later that night to find Gena's mini cooper gone. Thank fuck. Not only had I told her earlier to leave the beach but I also told her to start packing her things at my house. I wanted her gone and I wanted her gone now. She bitched and whined at me but we both knew this was coming. It was only a matter of time and this time she had sent me over the edge.

I was tired of her shit that she pulled all the damn time! I knew what her stunt today was about. Oh I knew what was coming the moment I saw her. She had the audacity to think I was the one cheating on her! The bitch. She had come checking up on me and that unnerved me to no end. When I told her this morning that I was going out with the guys to the beach she had grilled me about it. Which beach? Who exactly was going? Who the hell did she think was going when I said the guys?

Pulling my car into my garage I sighed and let my head flop onto the steering wheel. What a day. Not only did I get little to no sleep last night because of yet another fucking fight with her but I successfully pissed Brian off royally.

I hated when he was mad at me over shit. He had gotten so excited when he found out the girls beside us were his secret café buddies that he talked about all the damn time. All I ever heard was Kali this and Kali that. You'd like Kali he had once told me.

Well after last night I didn't like Kali. All I wanted was a jog on the beach to clear my fucking mind and she happens to be there. I nearly died of a heart attack when I found out the girl I met today was the same one I tripped over last night. Not to mention I had told her I'd fuck her. Bet she loved that. At the time I didn’t think much of it but today I felt screwed. The looks she had given me today made me feel like I wanted to tuck my dick between my legs.

I mean sure she was attractive and as a random one night stand I'd totally fuck her senseless but man she seemed uptight. Brian seemed to think she was pretty cool so maybe I was just having clouded judgment due to this Gena drama shit. Drama. Now I was sounding like a middle school girl.

"Fantastic." I mumbled to myself as I straightened my posture and let out a sigh. "Get a fucking grip Zack." I patted my thighs before taking another deep breath and climbing out of my car.

I trudged up the three wooden stairs and opened the door to my house through my garage after pressing the little button fixed to the wall to close the garage door behind me.

Ichabod and Majesty immediately came running to greet me as they heard the door open. They both sat at my feet like they were trained to do and only then did I reach down and pet them both on the head before they scampered off to somewhere else in the house.

Shoes now kicked off my feet, I sauntered through the house and into the kitchen to see my phone was flashing, telling me I had new voicemails. One glance at the clock told me that it was seven at night and was therefore the perfect time for another beer. I threw my car keys on the counter and watched them slide across it before I pressed the flashing button on the answering machine.

Turning around, I threw the fridge open and reached inside to pull out a bottle of beer. "Zack you douche. Call me when you fucking get home." Brian's frustrated voice rang through room making me laugh.

"Yo bro. I need some help with this shirt design I'm working on. Give me a call when you can." Mattie. Little bro was most likely out clubbing with his friends now though. I'd call him tomorrow.

I tucked the beer bottle under the edge of my counter and popped the top off before tossing it into the trash. My hand pulled the chair out from my kitchen table and I sat down before taking a big swig of my beer.

"I couldn’t take everything earlier. I'll be back tonight to get the rest." Great. Just what I fucking needed was to see Gena again. I sat my beer on the table and then proceeded to prop my head up using my other hand.

"What a mess." I told myself. "What a fucking mess."

The phone rang again and this time my caller id that spoke the names informed it was Brian in its automated voice. I didn’t feel like talking to him so I just let it continue to ring.

The answering machine picked up again and this time Brian's voice was even more pissed off. "I know you're home you fucker. Answer your damn phone."

"Fuck you Gates." I mumbled as I stood up and left my kitchen for a more cozy setting.

The couch was calling my name as soon as it came into my sight. I crossed over my plush living room and flopped down in it overdramatically. "Where did things go wrong?" I wondered to myself out loud. I had everything I could possibly ask for and now it all seemed to be falling apart. I mean, fuck, why did I deserve this? I've got a nice house, two awesome dogs, a great and solid career that's basically got me set for the rest of my life, and I get a cheating fiancé to the mix. What the hell?

I finished off the rest of my beer and set the now empty bottle on the end table beside me before lying down flat on my back.

"Vengeance!" I covered my eyes with my hands before letting out a groan. I should have known he would come over after I didn’t answer my phone. By the tone of his voice he was pissed and I was in for it now.

"Ah fuck off Brian. I'm not in the mood." I growled as I uncovered my eyes and let one of my arms hang limply off the side of the couch.

"Neither am I." He growled as he entered the living room and walked over to me before hovering directly above me. "Why'd you have to go and be a douche man?" He questioned. When he realized I wasn't going to sit up he chose to take a seat on one of my other recliners.

"I dunno man. I wasn't thinking and I was pissed at the whole Gena thing. I'm sorry I screwed your day up." I admitted as I looked at him sideways.

"It's not my day you screwed up." He informed me with a glare.

I rolled my eyes knowing what he was talking about but not really wanting to get into it with him.

"So why are you here?"

Brian looked at me out of the corner of his eye. "I came to make sure you were alright."

My eyebrow quirked at him as I rolled over so I was lying on my side, now facing him. "I'm fine Syn."

"Well I sure as hell doubt that. Look at you Zack! Your eyes are bloodshot, you've had plenty to drink, I'm not even sure you could walk a straight line, and I have a feeling you failed to notice the broken mirror and slashed bed pillows that are strewn through your entryway courtesy of Gena. I think you're lucky if that's all the damage she did to your house."

I sat up and felt my eyes widen. My head spun slightly at the speed of which I sat up and it was then I realized Brian was right about how much I had drank. I was done for the night and it was only seven thirty. Guess I did go a bit overboard in my frustration.

"Shit." I mumbled as I held my head and lowered it slightly. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah man."

"She's supposed to come back you know. She said she couldn’t get everything in a phone message she left me."

I started to stand up but wobbled and ended up sitting back down again. Brian stood and came over to help steady me so I could stand up again. "She's not coming back in though. I'll be damned if she does." I growled as I stood up with Brian's help and was finally able to grasp my own stance. I would be alright. I just needed a few minutes to sober up after that last beer. That seemed to be the one to send me over the edge.

The sound of the front door being thrown open made both Brian and I freeze and look at eachother. "Fuck." I mumbled.

"Zack!" Gena screeched.

I started to walk toward the entry way and Brian went to help me but I held a hand up to stop him. I could handle this. I was sobering up within seconds now that I was having to face Gena again.

My body came to a stop as I stood in the doorway that led from the living room to the entry way. Gena was standing in the open doorway of the front door and was smirking at her handy work from earlier.

My large hanging mirror that used to be on the wall beside the door was smashed into a million pieces that were covering the entire tile floor. The pillows from some of my bedrooms were also lying in shreds with the stuffing strewn everywhere. It was also just now that I noticed not only were there feathers and stuffing covering the floor but there was some sticky substance mixed in with it, syrup by the looks of it. She had literally done a modern day tar and feather scheme with some glass mixed in. This was going to be a bitch to clean up.

I came to my senses enough to change my shocked expression to one of anger. Pure anger at the nerve she possessed.

"Get out." I all but snarled at her as I advanced on where she was standing. The gall she had showing up here again after what she did!

"I'm here to get the rest of my things." She informed me as she tried to barge in. I held my arm up and latched my hand onto her upper arm, preventing her from going any further.

"The hell you are. You're leaving now and you're not coming back." My voice was stern and was full of power.

"I'm not leaving until I get my things."

"Well you should have thought about that before you tar and feathered my entryway!" I yelled at her. I knew my face was red with anger and Gena shrunk back slightly.

"Zacky just let me get my things." She said with a slight hint of fear in her voice.

"Get. Out. Now. I'll have your shit sent to your parents' house."

Gena didn’t budge but only tugged her arm away from me and tried to advance again. "Damn it Gena! Get the fuck out of my house!"

I heard footsteps and knew Brian had come in to check on the situation. His eyes darkened once he saw the anger I held toward the woman I once loved and was set to marry. His head was poking around the corner of the entryway wall and he was watching the scene unfold.

"But Zacky. Come on. We can work this out baby."

So now she was playing the lovey dovey card. That wasn't going to get her anywhere. Not after all the shit she's pulled with me.

"It's over Gena. I'm through with your shit and nothing you say is going to change that."

Her eyes started to water with tears and I knew the water works show was about to start. It was an act she was rather good at but I wasn't so easily fooled. "But Zack. I still love you. I still want to marry you."

I scoffed at her statement and so did Brian who tried to mask his over a cough. We both knew that right there was a lie or she wouldn’t have cheated on me as much as she has. Love my fucking ass.

"That's a bunch of bullshit and you and I both know it Gena. You don't cheat on someone you love. You don't steal from someone you love. You trust someone you love!" I all but yelled at her. "And you don't fucking trust me! So get the fuck out before I completely lose it! You can keep the damn engagement ring. Oh wait a moment, you never fucking wear it because you're out whoring yourself around!"

Brian had by now entered the room fully with the intent of holding me back if I lost my cool. Gena was one of the only people that could push me over the edge and it did happen on occasion. That was why I liked having Brian around. He was a good judge of my emotions and how I was feeling. While that could be a curse at times it was also a blessing. Many times he stopped me from going too far and I was glad I could count on him for that.

"I'm not going to tell you again Gena." I growled menacingly as I pointed to the still open front door behind her.

"Fine. I hope you rot in hell some day Zachary! And I hope you live the rest of your life as some miserable, lonely man! Better yet, go back to your groupie stage! The more STD's you have the better off you are!" She replied firmly.

I watched with my jaw dropped as she turned on her heel and stormed out the front door.

"That made no sense." Brian said as he stepped further into the room beside me, a crunching sound coming from the floor as he stepped on some glass. We both stared out the front door for another minute before I finally shook my head and went to shut the door. I carefully stepped over the mess on the floor, careful not to step on any with my sock covered feet.

"What a bitch." I groaned as I rubbed my face in my hands again.

"The mess or Gena?" I laughed at what Brian said and was suddenly really glad he was here.

"Both. Somehow I think Gena was easier to get rid of then this shit is going to be though."
Brian shrugged his shoulders as he bent down to pick up a large piece of glass covered with syrup and feathers. "You're probably right. Good thing I came by."

Once we went and retrieved the cleaning supplies we would need I started to feel guilty for the way I had acted toward Brian and Kali earlier. "I really am sorry about earlier Brian. I know I said it when you came in but I really am. That was shitty of me to act like that and I'm sure Kali thinks I'm a royal jerk now."

Brian's deep brown eyes looked up from where he was sweeping a pile of glass into a dusting pan. Out of the corner of his eye he glanced at me quickly before returning to the pile. "I'm sure she does think that. You were quite the little bitch much like your now ex-fiancé."

My head nodded in reply to him as I scrubbed a wet towel over another spot on the floor that was caked with syrup. "What's so special about her?" I questioned without looking up.

Brian paused his work and leaned against the wall beside him for a moment as he thought. "Honestly I haven't got a clue. She's just a unique girl I met at my favorite café. She's not a dating interest though, incase that's what you're thinking."

I straightened my posture and looked at the smirk Brian now had gracing his face. "I wasn't asking about that." I informed him tersely before going back to my sticky spot which was being incredibly stubborn.

Sensing no movement I glanced up to see he was still smirking at me. "For fuck's sake Brian! I just got out of a relationship not even fifteen minutes ago!" I told him exasperatedly.

The smirk on Brian's face never once left as he raised his eyebrows at me. "You and I both know this relationship has long since been going down the drain dude. Don't tell me you didn’t see this coming."

By now I had removed the spot on the floor and had since been scrubbing aimlessly on the now shining floor. I suppose I was a bit distracted at the moment. Damn Brian and his accusations.

"Oh I saw it coming. But dude, honestly, I'm done dating for a long time. All I ever get are shitty girls who are gold diggers that cheat on me." Sadly, I shook my head as I sat back against the wall with my knees in the air, the towel hanging between my knees still in my hands.

"Aw come on man. Don't be so down on yourself. Just because you've had bad luck with a few of them doesn’t mean they are all like that. You just haven't found a decent girl yet. It'll happen. I know it will."

"I feel like such a pussy." I admitted with a chuckle. "Wallowing in my self pity." I brought my hands up and launched the towel down at the tile floor in frustration.

Brian sat beside me and we both remained silent for a few minutes before he chuckled. "Not a pussy." He said. "But you could use some real pussy after what that bitch gave you all this time. Strip club tomorrow night?"

I glanced sideways at him and laughed at what he said. This was one of the reasons why Brian was my best friend. He always knew how to cheer me up. "Sure dude. I'm game."

"Sweet deal. Now let's get this shit cleaned up so you can get some sleep."

I sighed and nodded before grabbing the towel once more and began to finish cleaning up the mess that now seemed to resemble my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back from my vacation! yaaaaaaay! and now i'm energized and ready to get back to writing! at least.... i hope i am haha. I still have my move to SoCal coming up in 28 days!!! ahhhh!!!!! so exciiiited!

so anyway my lovely readers.... what are your thoughts on Zacky's pov? interesting eh? i love writing his pov hehe. it's quite fun.

thanks to all who commented! i suppose mibba was acting up last time when people commented because i got multiple comments from several people (not that i mind hehe)...

Devi_V
Just.Listen
catastrophe.
ambeymaree
Je te plumerai (times 2)
Like We're Dying (times 4 haha)
moviemaniac888
Ultraviolet Light
Fallin_For_You
kalisweetblood
MsSynnieVengeance
VengeanceXX6661X
dofyorkpub
perfectionist326
Every..Single..Beat
Miss.CorrCorr
vertigo doll260
Scorpianram99

thanks everyone for taking time to write me a little note!!! <3