Status: Updates A.S.A.P ;D

Just an Awkward Mess...

chapter; 17

The kiss was...perfect.

There wasn't too much lip, not too much tongue. Their lips perfectly fit each others. Leslie could feel John smiling into the kiss & she chuckled lightly. They broke apart.

"Ms. Feisty...that was," He was cut of by Leslie's lips crashing hard onto his.

She finished his sentence, "The best thing I've ever experience. The most amazing first kiss a girl could have. It was the definition of perfect."

She smiled widely and the two laid down on the bed. The silence was awkward & John decided to break it.
"So. What do we do now?"

"We wait & see how it goes." She closed her eyes and a slight snore escaped her lips.

She was being shaken awake by a pair hands that she could tell were John's.
"Get your ass up, Leslie. The house is on fire."
She didn't believe him at first until she smelled the scent of smoke.

In the process of escaping her room, she hit her foot on the door. Cursing quietly to herself, Leslie heard John stifle a laugh.

She ran down the steps and saw her father's frantic looking face come toward her through the smoke. He ran towards her and gave Leslie a hug like she'd never received from him before. Tears were in his eyes,

"I thought I'd lost you." The tears fell down his cheeks and a knot began to form at the bottom of Leslie's stomach.

She didn't know what to do. She'd never been an emotional person & therefor didn't know what the proper thing for her to do in this situation. So she did the thing she assumed was right & patted her father on the back.
"Er, let's get outside before we burn along with the house."

As the two exited the house, the distant sound of sirens arose. The sirens got louder & soon the noise was unbearable as the red fire truck was right in front of their house now.

"John, did you--" She turned around looking for John but he was no where around.

"Dad, where's John? John!"
"Ms. Feisty..."

She heard her nickname being calling from a distance & she quickly realized something... John was still in the burning house.

She quietly spoke to herself, "No."

Leslie attempted to run back in the house for John, but her father's tight grip on her arm disabled her from doing so.
"Les, I'm not letting you go in there."
"You have to dad, trust me. I have to go get John."

He let go of her arm and Leslie ran into the fiery building, starting her process of looking for John.
"John! Where are you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for taking so long with chapters.
i think that i'm going to start back writing this story.
anyways...
comment. rate. subscribe. :3