Lies and Broken Smiles

24

I'm awoken by a ringing sound, it's my phone going off at 10am why so early.

"Hello?" I mumble

"So how was your date!" Alice

"That's all you're calling for?!" I grumble annoyed

"Yes it's very important."

"It was fine, we watched a movie and ate some food."

"Did you kiss?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't know, I didn't wanna." Thats a lie I wanted to but I didn't know what to do

"You should've kissed him"

"Leave me alone."

"Haha okay, so do you wanna hang out with us?"

"Us?"

"Me, Julia, Kaiden, and Dillion." I picture her blushing madly like before.

"What are you guys gonna all do?"

"Well since it's summer break we are gonna get applications around the mall."

"Sounds fun." All I can think of is walking = burning calories

"So we can head over to your house."

"Yea I'll get dressed."

"See ya."

"Bye."

I walk over to my closet and look at what I have to wear.
I pull out some shorts, and a plain white v-neck t-shirt, apply eye liner and masacra and pink lip gloss and I'm ready, then the door rings, I look at my stomache and thighs before giving up and anwsering the door.

"Hello missy." It's Kaiden

"Hello Kai."

"Only Alice is allowed to call me that."

"Oh well."

"You look cute." Says Alice "And you even put on make up, who you trying to look good for." She teases and I blush.

"No one," I say "I was bored." Okay truth time, I like Dante and Kaiden, but I know Dante, but I wouldn't mind knowing Kaiden. It's annoying.

"Come on." Alice says pulling my hand.

"Wait there are -" I hold up my hand counting "5 of us aren't we gonna be squished."

"Take your car then."

"Alright."

"Do you want me to come?" Ask Kaiden

"If you want."

He follows me to my car and gets in.
The minute we start driving he feels the need to start a conversation.

"This time I'm making you eat ice cream with me."

"What?"

"The first time we met I offered you ice cream, you declined and now you're gonna eat some with me."

"Whatever." Of course I'll deal with that when the time comes

Finally we arrive at the mall, and the silence is over I can't stand it.

"So where you want to start?" I ask Alice

"Clothes stores!" Says Alice

"Remeber we aren't shopping."

"Oh we are too, we can do both."

I hear the two boys groan

"That's so boring, why did you invite us?" Whines Kaiden

"Because it's fun."

"No it's not."

"You can carry our bags." Says Julia

After a few hours we have gone to almost every store in the mall, and gotten applications.

"Ice cream time!" Shouts Kaiden

"Yum sounds good." Says Alice

We find an ice cream store and order. Everybody eats theirs and I just stare at mine, vanilla with fudge (Why did I get fudge?) in a little plastic cup with a spoon sticking out of it.

"Do you have a pen?" I ask.

"Yea. Why?" Says Julia taking one out of her bag

"I'm gonna fill mine out,"

"Eat your ice cream first." She says

"I don't want it."

"Yes you do." Says Kaiden

I sigh and pick up my spoon and have a small piece of ice cream on it.
Ew, ew, ew, ew, I don't want it.
It's so good. It's so fattening. I haven't had this in such a long time. You don't need it fatty. I'm not fat. Yes you are. Ugh.
Finally I'm done with this treat and start filling out applications to get my mind off of what is now sitting in my tummy.

"You really wanna get those done? We can do it when we get back to home."

"I wanna finish them." I say not looking up.

"We still have to shop." Whines Julia

More groans from the men.

"Shop then." I say "I'll fill mine out."

"You're so boring." Alice says

I ignore her, and she stands up and walks off with Julia and Dillon, Kaiden for some reason stays.

"What?" I ask

"Nothing, just didn't want to leave you alone."

"Why I'm not gonna be talking much."

"I don't want you to be lonely." He says then starts doing the same as me
After a while we are finally done and he streches out.

"My hand hurts."

"It wasn't that hard. Lets go turn them in."
As we are walking he starts talking again.

"Why didn't you wanna go shopping isn't that what every girl loves."

"I just didn't feel like it." I'm fat and ugly

"Are you alright?"

"Uh huh. Why?"

"I don't know you just seem down." I hear the concern in his voice and hate it, it's nice he cares but I don't wanna start liking him, I'm supposed to like Dante and just Dante, but Kaidens caring in starting to affect me.

"I'm fine, lets just walk."